[Seasonal Event] Table for one, please
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Waiting for the possibility of yet another imminent death seems to stretch on forever while the monster ponders. It is some sort of miracle, some testament as to why the New Gods resurrected her, perhaps - has anyone else ever been reborn? Has anyone ever stood and had a chat with the monsters? Ever done anything other than fight in vain and ultimately die?

Maybe. Maybe not. If Wessex survives, she’ll have a lot of questions for someone who reads. Preferably someone who reads a lot.

It seems they’ve made their decision; the world lurches as time, or something else, rewinds. Her head spins, she feels unbalance and puts her arms out against the wall to steady herself. Everything is repaired, except for her skin, but she wouldn’t have it any other way. Scars tell a story. In taking away her scars, the Gods started her timeline a new. These will be the first, and with any luck, they will tell a story no one’s ever heard before. They’re a bonus, not a detriment.

The Ascended isn’t given any room to breathe, for as soon as she finds the room right again there is a heaviness in the air around her, seeming to fill her throat and comb through her hair. Searching, searching… finding… what? She looks cautiously around, but can’t see the slightest indication of anything corporeal. It’s all just… a feeling. A terrible feeling.

Why you?

Fuck, that’s something she’s been wondering since she popped out of the snow like a daisy. Sure, she can guess… if she were to do an honest self-assessment, she’s got some great qualities that would enhance a group trying to break through the barrier. But she’s got some shit ones too. And rather than try to lie to this thing that is so much more powerful than she is, Wessex can only shrug helplessly. Ugh. Helplessly. What a wretched feeling.

“I honestly don’t know. I have no one left to pray for my return, am only newly Ascended. I am a killer… and not well liked.” One person, maybe, wished for her return. This was not done as a favor to a loyal servant. She pauses, a breath’s span. ”Maybe to show that their power is growing, to threaten the Old Gods. There’s no love lost between them.”  

She has a feeling this - these?- thing(s) aren’t on the New Gods’ side. Or anyone’s side. In return for its service, it gets a week of gluttonous feeding. It works only for its own insatiable appetite.

WESSEX
come, you spirits that tend on mortal thoughts
unsex me here

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Seasonal Event] Table for one, please - by Wessex - 02-21-2019, 09:09 PM