i sank into the sea, wrapped in piano strings
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Nikolai
We are only haunted by the things we refuse to accept
-Bridgett Devoue
Entering the VlamVloed Nikolai finds himself watching Sunjata curiously as the man relaxes. The tattoos are beautiful and Nikolai feels a bit envious. Maybe I should look into getting some of my own? Maybe some of my favorite poems written in their original languages? That'd be fun. It'd have to be somewhere on my body that he could read still. Otherwise I won't be able to enjoy it.

As Sunjata gets situated at the counter Nikolai sighs, and slumps heavily into one of the chairs. "The Ascended family is good, so good. Every day I'm grateful to be a part of it. So many of them are kind, loyal, and so warm to me. But it doesn't mean that I trust them all implicitly if I don't know them well." A chuckle escapes him. "Or if I'm not fond of them."

Something steely and jagged enters Nikolai's eyes. "And since when has being family ever stopped someone from hurting another if that was truly their goal?" There's anger and grief warring in his voice, his mind flashing with images of his own father. Blood and family had meant nothing to that man.  Hopefully the fucker's jaw healed incorrectly after Nikola broke it.

Given where Sunjata is going with this conversation, Nikolai relents a bit. "The reason I don't like Nate, beyond how hard he is to read is.. it's the air around him. He comes across as a threat alright? Fellow Ascended or not, family or not. He's given me no reason to trust him. Frankly he's done the opposite. That paired with how threatening he is? I try to avoid him."

It was probably a poor idea to say all this to the man's husband. However Sunjata had opened the floodgates and Nikolai found that he couldn't filter his words.
Resilience is born even when we feel like we are dying
-Alex Elle

Messages In This Thread
RE: i sank into the sea, wrapped in piano strings - by Nikolai - 09-04-2021, 07:54 PM