i sank into the sea, wrapped in piano strings
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Nikolai
We are only haunted by the things we refuse to accept
-Bridgett Devoue
Nikolai can't help the look of surprise that overcomes him but it's quickly replaced by one of grim understanding. Sunjata gets it and that means a hell of a lot to him. Eyeing the scar on the Attuned's face, Nikolai speaks up, sharing in kind. "I shattered my father's jaw last time I saw him. Broke my hand in the process." His eyes unconscious glance down at his unmarred hand. "For some reason it's a bit disappointing that it didn't scar, because I Ascended that same day." It would have been a grim but satisfying trophy.

The brutal honesty pulls a chuckle from Nikolai, despite himself. Lips twitching into a smirk he agrees, "Oh I know. Fun days are ahead of us for sure." Still that can't change his distrust of Nate. He'll trust the Demi-god to protect their family, but nothing more. Certainly not on a personal level at least.

The offer is another surprise and the young Ascended eyes Sunjata warily. "I would. What's the price?" Because there had to be one, right? Something that potentially valuable couldn't be free.
Resilience is born even when we feel like we are dying
-Alex Elle

Messages In This Thread
RE: i sank into the sea, wrapped in piano strings - by Nikolai - 09-04-2021, 08:17 PM