But my words, like silent raindrops fell
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 75 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 82 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 201

That sounded good, actually. Ronin followed Remi from the main room of the Rathskeller on quiet feet, the guildmaster knowing better than most how dangerous it was to make noise in the middle of this particular night. The air was cool out of the tavern, Ronin wedging his hands in his pockets and sticking close to his friend, as if for the first time in his life he was afraid he might get lost in the dark and never come back.

The question about Vanya he tried to answer, but his throat closed around the words at first. Breathing in deep through his nose, Ronin managed a nod. "Yeah," he said, his voice tight. "I didn't... I didn't know that the dreamfish would... it kept us safe when we left." He spoke, of course, about himself and the baby.

"I didn't know," he murmured again, shaking his head like he could dislodge the thought. If he had known, perhaps he and Vanya could have left before the baby came. They could have been at the Rathskeller, or in the infirmary, where there would have been help and skilled hands and more than just stupid Ronin and his stupid inability to just stop her from bleeding.

Ronin hadn't realised that he had tottered to a halt, or that now, in the silence and the darkness of the Temple, his eyes were brimming with tears. "Remi, I miss her."

ronin
the long and lonesome road

Messages In This Thread
RE: But my words, like silent raindrops fell - by Ronin - 02-16-2019, 11:48 PM