just a long shadow
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve
Why would you make out of words
A cage for your own bird?
A soft huff of something pushed past her lips, tinged with a frustration and bitterness that can only come from caring for someone who won't let you truly be there, feelings slightly jaded despite her best efforts. "I've gathered that... She wrote me shortly after the assault on Halo. Things didn't end on the best of terms. I expressed Aurelia's distrust in her and Ru cut things off after that. Stating it would be the best, but now that Aurelia is gone." The Nightshade trailed off, thoughts that she hadn't dared to voice to anyone else coming out of her unbidden. Part of her felt that Deimos might understand. He had ruled before and hard decisions like that were a part of it. No matter how one might wish otherwise.

"I wish I could have done more, but I was at least able to be with him in those last moments." She murmured solemnly, jade gaze flicking up to where Aidon was perched, earning herself a quiet coo from the dragon in response. A flood of warmth filtered over their shared bond and she held back the sigh of relief at the feeling before shifting her attention to Deimos once more in time to catch his eyes as his head snapped up to her.

Her smile is soft, settling prettily on her features as she offered him a nod in return, "Of course. I have no reason to believe you will make me regret such a decision. Besides, I'm fairly certain Safrin would have something to say if you went against her chosen leader." It's said in a nonchalant fashion, but it's to serve as a reminder for what she is. How she came to be in this role. Who chose her.

The Nightshade shook her head, brows pinching together as she gnawed on her bottom lip for a breath, "No. She went missing in the desert. I've sent people looking, but the sands are vast. Any number of things could have happened, but I have no way of really knowing." Maeve didn't think that Aurelia would simply abandon her post. Something must of happened, but surely if she'd been hurt on her expedition with Remi the demigod would have mentioned it to her.

However there isn't time to linger on that further as Deimos's warning colored the air, drawing her away from her thoughts and to the mouth of the cave. Instantly her hand went to her whip, fingers curling around the soft leather grip as Aidon dropped from his perch to come before her, wings flaring in warning as a low rumble sounded in his throat.
When it sings so sweet
The screaming, heaving fuckery of the world?

Messages In This Thread
just a long shadow - by Deimos - 09-07-2021, 11:50 PM
RE: just a long shadow - by Maeve - 09-08-2021, 02:37 AM
RE: just a long shadow - by Deimos - 09-08-2021, 10:31 AM
RE: just a long shadow - by Maeve - 09-13-2021, 03:05 AM
RE: just a long shadow - by Deimos - 09-13-2021, 10:42 AM
RE: just a long shadow - by Maeve - 09-15-2021, 12:24 AM
RE: just a long shadow - by Deimos - 09-15-2021, 10:43 PM
RE: just a long shadow - by Maeve - 09-18-2021, 04:55 AM
RE: just a long shadow - by Deimos - 09-18-2021, 11:39 AM
RE: just a long shadow - by Maeve - 09-18-2021, 06:15 PM
RE: just a long shadow - by Deimos - 09-18-2021, 11:37 PM