Hotaru
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
HOTARU
She's in a long black coat tonight
Waiting for me in the downpour outside
Maeve -

You're right. I contemplated not responding. It feels as if you are only reaching out now that Aurelia is not around for you to be beholden to - and trust, loyalty, affection that is dependent upon others? That is not any loyalty I want. Perhaps it's what we've been through, or merely a moment of stupidity on my part, but to say the least -

I am listening.

But I am not unburned by the choices you made, by the side you chose. When I was willing to risk so much more for you in a time when I had more at stake.

While I appreciate the gesture you have made for Deimos, I have nowhere to return to. Torchline was never home beyond Nate and Sunjata. Nowhere truly was. My name alone is a political choice - and Safrin has no love for me, and you have built your city in her name. And if Aurelia returns, and sees you have allowed me back? Will you allow her to chase me away then?

I would ask you to pardon my cynicism, but I am hurt. Distrustful. There is more at risk than just me now.

I am glad to hear your pregnancy and birth were without complications. I cannot say the same for mine. Edmund is a fine name, and I hope he will grow into it well.

There was a time I said that I would do anything for you, yes. But what is it you are asking of me, now? What support can I possibly give you? I have nothing to offer you. No title, no power, no relationship that would mend your heart. I can offer an ear, a shoulder. Companionship, what little I am capable of these days. That does not seem, to me, to outweigh the burden I would otherwise be - to you and your rule equally.

- Hotaru
singing "Baby come home" in a melody of tears
While the rhythm of the rain keeps time
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
Hotaru - by Maeve - 09-17-2021, 02:28 AM
RE: Hotaru - by Hotaru - 09-19-2021, 01:23 AM
RE: Hotaru - by Maeve - 09-19-2021, 01:50 AM
RE: Hotaru - by Hotaru - 09-29-2021, 01:55 AM