Leaps and Bounds
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2935
Cool guys don't look at explosions, even if they're imaginary
Edmund commits the information to memory, feeling sorry for the Abandoned. "So the Gods call them Abandoned instead of Acquired because they don't like them? They think that they'll end up like that new God?" It was very mean of them and didn't make complete sense. "But wouldn't being mean to them make the Abandoned want to turn against the Gods? Shouldn't they be nice to them to stop it form happening again?" Making friends instead of enemies makes more sense to the child and the concept of blaming all for the actions of one is beyond his comprehension.

Hearing about Safrin sets the child at ease however. "So even Safrin doesn't like the Abandoned?" Edmund snuggles closer to his mum as she speaks of Safrin's love for him. "Will you tell me more about her, mummy? Will I get to meet her again one day?" The Goddess had been so warm and had made him feel so safe. Edmund would love to see her again.
EDMUND
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve cradles him close, arms looped around his middle as she holds him on her lap, "Well, the Gods didn't start calling them Abandoned. That's simply what the name changed into. They are afraid that they'll end up like the Voice, but they aren't outright mean to them." At least, not most of the heralds as far as she knew. Maeve sighs softly, considering her next words carefully, "The Gods are simply... slower to trust them. They aren't willing to give their gifts so freely until they know that those who are seeking them out are doing it for the right reasons." The Nightshade draws back slightly so she can offer him a small smile, reaching up to smooth back his hair, trying in vain to get his curls to lay down for a moment.

"Safrin is cautious around them, but there are Abandoned who are favored by her. I know one of them was ever Attuned by her. Safrin is willing to give them a chance if they are willing to work for it." Maeve offers him a reassuring smile, leaning to press a kiss to his cheek, "But you don't need to worry about all of that." She hums, nuzzling against his temple for a breath before she's drawing back again, shifting him in her lap to hold him closer. "Hmmm... I imagine so. You'll get to see her when we turn in the regional quest. Then perhaps more when you're older. What do you want to know about her?"
But I don't like a gold rush, gold rush
I don't like slow motion double vision in rose blush
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Edmund feels relief that the life of the Abandoned isn't as bad as it had initially sounded. "That's not horrible. I'm glad that they still get a chance." The child looks at his mum with a serious look, "Everybody deserves to be happy mummy. Everybody." To the child, there isn't a single thing someone could do to change this fact. Perhaps as he grew and was exposed to the darker parts of the world, the small Abandoned would change his mind. But for now, it was a fact that he firmly believed.

Nuzzling into his mum's arms, Edmund thinks of the goddess he had only briefly met. Her arms had been warm and protective. Almost as soothing as his own mummy's. He'd very much like to see her once more and get another hug if he can. "At the regional quest? Yay!" As for his questions, the small child has many but he limits it to a few.

"What's she like like mummy?  I only remember the hug. What do I call her?" Goddess or lady or something else? Another thought occurs and has him adding another question. "What does she like for presents?" It was that season after all, surely he should know what to eventually get their goddess?
EDMUND
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Her sweet, sweet boy with his big heart. Maeve hugs him closer, nuzzling against the top of his head, pressing kisses to his dark curls. "You're right, little star. Everyone deserves to be happy." Maeve murmurs, agreeing with her son on this wholeheartedly. Even if that meant acknowledging that there was a possibility that happiness wasn't with them.

She nods, drawing back enough to rub his back, balancing him on her lap, "Yes, at the regional quest. It won't be too long now, hopefully. I'm sure she'd be excited to see you again too." And she thinks that she's right. Safrin was a mother. The goddess of life. Why she wouldn't be happy to see her son again wasn't something Maeve could really fathom.

"You can call her Safrin. That's what I call her. If you want to be extra polite then perhaps lady Safrin." Maeve laughs softly at the thought of it, knowing that he would more than likely choose that route. "She's very kind and giving. She has given me so many gifts. She's given me protection for you. I don't think Safrin has ever denied me something I've asked for." Her fingers reach up to brush through his hair, eyes warm as she regards him, "As for gifts? Anything you think is special. Flowers, perfume, jewelry... As long as it has meaning behind it she'll love it."
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:
Edmund giggles as he leans into his mum, happy to hear that Safrin would likely enjoy seeing him again. Maybe if he was extra good and brought her something he could get another hug? As Maeve suspects, Edmund resolves to call the goddess Lady Safrin. It's only fitting to him. The goddess is his mum's favorite, the one who made her queen. And if his mummy was a queen, how could he simply call the goddess by her first name? It wasn't proper!

Leaning into his mum's hand as she plays with his hair, Edmund looks up curiously. "Anything that has meaning behind it? Like a handmade gift?" The child was capable of picking flowers but jewelry and perfume were beyond his means after all. Maybe he could make something? But bringing flowers would also be good. "Mummy? Will you help me pick some flowers for Lady Safrin, to give her when the quest is over?"
EDMUND
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

The question has her smiling brightly down at her son, snuggling him close with a nod, "Of course, little star. We can pick some lovely flowers for her. Maybe make her a bouquet. I'm sure she would love that." Safrin was never one to turn down gifts. Even simple things. Maeve had no doubt that she would be thrilled to receive something from her son.

With a gentle nudge, Maeve encourages him onto his feet, moving to stand herself. "Are you ready to go back, my love?" There was plenty more to explore, but they had a pretty big day already and Maeve wouldn't be surprised if he decided that he wanted to rest instead or have some tea in the garden. "We could have a little tea party or you could go find Paige. I'm sure she'd have something for you two to do."
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:
Edmund matches his mum's smile, "Yay! Thank you mummy. We'll make Lady Safrin the best b..bo..bouquet, ever!" The new word takes a couple of tries and it comes out a bit lopsided, but the child gets there nonetheless. Granted he still has no idea what a bouquet is. But if him mummy thinks Safrin will like it? Good enough for him.

As Edmund stands eh can't help the sudden wash of sleepiness or the yawn that is pulled from him. Rubbing his eyes he gives him mum a small nod. "Ok, I'm ready mummy. Can I take a nap and then go play with Paige?" He'd need a break before dealing with the chaos energy that was his favorite cousin.

From there, they head home. Edmund falls asleep before his head even hits the pillow. In a few hours, he's up and running around the city at Paige's heels.

-{FIN}
EDMUND