Drop tapestry of rhyme
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
Nikolai has no trouble deciding on what the 'best thing' is. It's a book of course. Books are his absolute favorite things in life so the young Ascended begins immediately trying to build a stack of books out of the snow he brought. He starts with just trying to build a rectangular tower in the snow and from there begins using a stick to carve out the shape of distinct books.

And of course he's working alone. Because speaking in rhyme? Who has that kind of time? Thoughts count, what the fuck? Just my luck. Nikolai shakes his head in grief and tries to just work on his snow books.

Nikolai rhymes and works alone, to build a stack of books out of snow.

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
Some lie in wait
For you to step into the shadows
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Change author:
MP: 2935
Are you sure about that?
Edmund giggles at Harper's antics before he runs over to Maeve, eager to begin. "Mummy! Mummy! Help me please! I want to make a cat and kittens out of the snow!" The kid has to pause, trying to come up with a rhyme. "Uh...help me so I don't freeze?"

Assuming Maeve agrees, Edmund will drag her over to an empty spot and start handing her snow. He'd seen a cat earlier in the week prowling through Torchline. He'd followed along curiously and had been surprised to notice a train of three kittens following her. It was the best thing he'd seen all week, so of course he had to them out of snow now!

Edmund rhymes and asks Maeve to help him make a cat with kittens out of the snow.
EDMUND
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
cats were worshipped as gods
Ray chuckles and nudges Harper's shoulder in return as he passes. When it comes time to build something, the herbalist has to think on the matter. The 'best thing' had massive potential for interpretation. After a few moments of silence, it comes to her. "A plate of cookies! That's it!"With a small laugh Ray adds in her rhyme. "If I'd known we'd be shaping snow I'd have brought a kit."

Civil duty of wordplay accounted for, Ray begins to work. A plate of snow with three snow cookies stacked on top. Cookies were the best thing in any situation, a safe choice. Now if only snow cookies tasted as good as they looked.

Ray rhymes and makes a plate of cookies out of the snow!
They have not
forgotten this
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
engage with the pain as a motive, today of all days, see
Nate shifts uncomfortably, all of this making him uneasy. The next instructions come, in a way, and leave him considering his jar between worried glances at Azrael and Nikolai. He gets their their attention before he starts, his voice as stern as he can manage, and not a trace of a grin on his face. “For my sanity I want you two to stay close, okay?” As quickly as it came on, the seriousness drops away, replaced by a grin that’s thrown towards his husband.

The jar is opened and the snow dumped into Nate’s hands, his brows waggling as he gets to work, doing his best to tune out the crowd without dropping his guard. A delicate balance that he does not creep along gracefully. The best thing, huh? I got it, this... it’s fuckin’ child’s play. The brag is quick to fall from his proverbial lips, but whatever he’s attempting to make falling apart even quicker. A snow sculpter he is not.

Nate tries and fails horribly to make a Sunjata snowman
how the most dangerous thing is to love
how you will heal and you'll rise above
NATE
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
HARPER
And rhymes? Oh this is the best gathering Harper could dream of. With warm reception from all he had lovingly infringed upon, there is no lack of joy in his Who-sized heart to prompt inspiration for the next round of instructions.

A quick glance around the gathering tells Harper most are content to work on their own, building up snow into various forms. Harper however is stumped. What is the best thing to him? Nothing material certainly, and he doesn’t want to insult their anonymous coordinator by not delivering properly on the prompt. “The best thing is laughter and good times,” he sing-songs as he begins to form snowballs. Eyes twinkling mischievously, he ends, “and of course, rhymes!” And gleefully throws one at Ray (gently of course, lest he garner a bad response with his mischief). Leaving the other snowballs in a pile as testament to having ‘built’ something.

- - -

Harper makes snowballs as the best thing to him is fun times and snowball fights, and then throws one of them at Ray, leaving the others in a pile
caught in this reckless raging fury
that they call the love of God

Table Code by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I get them all worked up and down on their knees, you see
Edmund comes running back to her and she's quick to bend down to meet him, drawing him into her arms and pressing kisses to his pink cheek, "Of course, little light of mine. I'm sure together our efforts will shine." Maeve laughs, easily following the instructions given before she's letting him drag her two a clear area with the two large buckets of snow. It should be enough to make a miniature version of what her son wishes.

Thankfully Maeve has some background with sculpting. Between the two of them they're able to make a momma cat and three little kittens trailing behind her with the snow. They even find a few pine needles to act as whiskers, pebbles for eyes, and a bit of dirt to smudge on for noses.

Maeve speaks in rhyme and helps Edmund make a momma cat and kittens out of snow.
They take my fingers in their mouths like it's poetry
Maeve
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Change author:
Cordelia

The idea is a good one and Cordelia is quick to nod at Deimos's suggestion. Then Noah has another wonderful thought and she hums softly, grabbing a small cup from her pouch and scooping a bit of snow into it. Using the excess blood she can manage to get from the leg of deer, Cordelia makes a batch of snow that's bright red, perfect for their Luxere's nose. "While the process is a little bloody..." She starts, brows drawing together before her smile grows, grinning up at Deimos and Noah, "We must have a red nose for our buddy!" She finishes with a delighted laugh.

Taking the bloodied snow into her hands, the Attuned forms it into a ball and sticks it to the front of the about of the Luxere, creating a red nose for their statue.

Cordelia rhymes and uses blood from her deer leg to make snow bloody, forming a red nose for their Luxere snow creature.
All the king's horses, all the king's men
Couldn't put me together again
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int: 0
Change author:
Paige

It seems her friends are going to work together on this one. Edmund goes to join his momma again and Paige is left on her own. That's just fine. She can manage. The girl thinks hard on what the best thing is, brows knitting together as she considers this, wanting to sculpt a dragon but knowing she lacks the skills. Instead she makes a cake! A strawberry cake complete with little strawberries on top made out of snow. Apparently sandcastle building and snow shaping are pretty similar.

"I think this should suffice." Paige starts, grinning like a loon as she adds further decorations, "Even if it's made out of ice."

Paige rhymes and makes a cake out of snow!
Love you to the moon and to Saturn
Passed down like folk songs, the love lasts so long

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

random event

My, my, what fun! Let's have this tongueful continue,
now, now don't frown; I know you have it in you.
What interesting things you seem to consider 'best'
on the whole I suppose I am rather impressed.

Now I think is a good time for a snack,
so open up your parcels, your pockets, your purses and backpacks.
Reveal the things brought to be cooked over a fire,
(suddenly in the midst of you appears a large bonfire).

Perhaps for the ascended, you might give them a hand
so that the fluid in their bodies doesn't suddenly expand.
but who am I to judge, you do as you like
I really don't care if it's unsportsmanlike.

You have 48 hours to cook/roast what you've brought!
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
Everest
The latest set of instructions has Everest swallowing hard and glancing around. Ascended, he mouths in Mateo 's direction, and because the word isn't spoken, he doesn't think he needs to rhyme anything with it. To be safe though, he thinks the word shirt-mended very loudly just in case.

"I..only brought peppermint bark." He explains with a twitch of his lips. "To add flavour...exclamation mark." Gods how he hated this. "What did you bring? Can I add mine to yours?" And again, because he was a rule follower, added: "To roast over the fire, in the outdoors?"

This would be so much easier if Mateo was an attuned. Then they could both shift and just think at one another.

Ever pulls out his peppermint bark and asks Mateo if he can add it to what Mateo has brought.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Change author:
I get them all worked up and down on their knees, you see
The sculpting goes well and Maeve is more than pleased at the sight of their creation. She draws Edmund into her grasp, pressing a kiss to his cheek, "Alright my, sweet. I think it's time for a treat." She hums, managing the rhyme rather easily, standing up to dig in her pack. Maeve draws out the honey cakes wrapped in foil, setting them closer to the edge of the bonfire into the coals, knowing these are best heated up off of indirect heat.

Maeve makes sure to help Edmund with his, "Don't get too close, little star. If you get burned you could end up with a scar." She says, ensuring that he can heat his up without getting burned, focusing hard on her son and the only thought in her head is not letting him get hurt while he attempts to heat up his own treat.

Maeve sets her honey cakes wrapped in foil in the coals so they don't burn and helps Edmund with his.

She accidentally channels while thinking of making sure Edmund is safe from the fire! (It doesn't have to be Safrin!)

Accepted Channeling: Allows an Accepted to channel a deity during a time of crisis (1x a season)
Type: Light | Rank: Upgraded
They take my fingers in their mouths like it's poetry
Maeve
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
my heart and soul were never mine to own, what do you care to die for?
Nate speaks with the other two ascended and Sunjata’s busying himself with the attempt at making a snow-macaw, only looking up whenever Nate’s flashing him a grin and working to make his own little snow sculpture. Sunjata doesn’t know what it is, but he snorts regardless and finishes up the little details, his fingers growing colder beneath the gloves.

A bonfire blossoms to life and Sunjata’s tension only grows, immediately standing from his spot putting together the macaw to look toward Nate. “I wouldn’t recommend you three getting near the fire…” He pauses, considering, before he’s reaching into his bag to grab the little treats he’d made for the fire. “I can take and cook all your treats if you so desire.” The last bit in order to rhyme tugs at the corner of his cheek with amusement, his gaze scanning Nate and Nikolai and Azrael, waiting.

Should they all put in their items, Sunjata departs to set the treats into a nook on the fire so that they might cook or roast.

Sunjata offers to cook the treats for Nikolai, Nate, and Azrael!
we die alone, we'll all die young
what do you care to die for? what do you care to die from?
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Azrael De Rosieres

Age: 21 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
Azrael

Nate’s stern face is one that Azrael has to try very hard not to laugh at – believing him to be truthful in making sure they don’t get hurt or swept away in the hustle and bustle of everything given how tense everything is. So they stick close to Nikolai and Nate, nodding to his request instead. “Okay, okay. I think I can do that…” They admit, before they abandon their makeshift snowcastle, reaching into their bag as the really tall scarred tattooed guy with Nate offers to take their items to be cooked.

And truthfully? Azrael isn’t interested in roasting themself, so they nod happily. “Yes please! I don’t want to up my internal thermostat.” They announce, a bright fanged grin shot toward Nate with amusement sparking in their gaze as they dance over the snow to hand Sunjata the wrapped ham, before settling back with their snowcastle and eagerly watching the events take hold.

Azrael hands their wrapped ham to Sunjata to cook and remains in the back.
lay you down, there's nothing to be scared of
all your fears are in the breeze
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
Gideon
Try and fill us with your hate
and we will shine a light

Absolutely not about to help out an Ascended (in fact, he smiled rather cruelly as he saw them all stuck standing away from the fire), Gideon stepped forward. Putting his meat and cheese in the bread and buttering each side, he took out the toasting rack from his backpack (a must for camping out - like this). The other steps were simple enough: hold it out over the fire until it was golden brown with gooey cheese inside, and you had a perfect toastie.

He wasn't sure if he was meant to eat it or leave it as some kind of offering, so for the moment he held onto it, wrapping it in a handkerchief so it didn't burn his hand.

---
Gideon makes a ham and cheese toastie and holds onto it for now, but doesnt eat it.

And the days will become endless
never, and never turn to night