Drop tapestry of rhyme
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
Peeping up at the bonfire as it suddenly appears, Mateo grins at his friend and ambles towards it with his bag of holding. As Ever rhymes (sort of), the Taliesin boy takes out all of his fruit skewers and nods along with the ideas presented. "I think together they'll both taste divine. So yes, I agree - we should add yours to mine." he announces, carefully arranging the bark around the skewers so it can infuse with the fruit as it roasts.

As for the Ascended, the boy takes a furtive glance around and hunkers closer that he might whisper to ever. "I don't see any - do you know how they look?" he asks. "I heard they've got fangs! I read it once in a book." Is he just messing around now? Very likely.

Mateo roasts his fruit skewers with peppermint bark and gossips about Ascended.
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Cordelia

Their Luxere is built and she's rather impressed by the whole thing. It is just as big as her shift and fairly spot on thanks to Deimos's magic. Cordelia stands back with her hands on her hips. "I don't think we did too bad, but now there is food to be had." The Attuned turns back to her dear legs, dressed and ready for roasting over an open flame, which has thankfully been provided by whatever spirit has brought them together. She goes back to their sleigh, retrieving a spit from the back, setting it up close to the fire without being directly over it.

She sticks close enough that she can slowly turn it, making sure it doesn't burn while it cooks, amber gaze flicking between them meat and the others that start to approach the flames to heat their own treats.

Cordelia sets up a spit to roast her leg of dear.
All the king's horses, all the king's men
Couldn't put me together again
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int: 0
Change author:
Paige

Paige approaches Maeve and Edmund, smiling at her auntie and cousin brightly as she pulls the cookies from her pack, still wrapped in foil. "Auntie Maeve, can you help please? I don't want to burn the cookies" Was it a perfect rhyme? Maybe not, but it sounded good enough to her ears. Paige passes Maeve the foil packet so she can place to close to the honey cakes and the other goodies that Edmund brought. With her help she gets the cookies warmed until the chocolate chips are all melty again.

They smell delicious and she wants nothing more than to dig into them now, but she follows everyone else's lead and waits until the permission is given.

Has Maeve helps her warm up her chocolate chip cookies!
Life was a willow and it bent right to your wind
They count me out time and time again
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX

Go
deep throat
a cactus

With Az and Nikolai taken care of by Nate and Sunjata, Wessex is able to take care of her own tasks. Loki immediately steps forward and noses her bonded's hand, ready to take the items needed to be roasted to the fire for her. "That's very sweet," she murmur, digging out the bread, jam, and butter from her pack. It wasn't really dragon-appropriate food, so she whispers to her companion before skewering the bread with a stick. "Feel free to steal a little meat. You deserve a tinytreat."

A treat from whom is the real question. Smelling meat, the not-so-little dragon turns her nose towards Cordelia and creeps closer, eyes whirling between the person and the haunch of meat. When she thinks the woman isn't watching, the companion tries to snatch it away.
----------------

Loki puts skewered bread near the fire for Wessex  and then tries to steal Cordelia's meat away.

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)

Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
engage with the pain as a motive, today of all days, see
With a disappointed sigh, Nate lets his tiny snow monster slide off his palm to the ground, the stubborn memory snow pulling itself together and reminding him of his shame. "When did you get so sweet, sunshine?" Nate teases, pulling out the popcorn pan he'd brought along and dumping the kernels into it before handing it off to Sunjata. "We," here he throws an arm around Az, the other resting on Nikolai's shoulder, "will make sure things are ready here to wine and dine." Which was just a really impressive way of saying they'll stand around and look pretty, a task that Nate at least excels at.

Just make sure you hold it above the fire. I uh... don't really think we need to add to that pyre. A silent laugh rings through their bond, Nate glancing around the group, making sure he keeps an eye on a certain few while they wait.

Nate hands off his popcorn to Sunjata and keeps an eye on the group
how the most dangerous thing is to love
how you will heal and you'll rise above
NATE
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
cover you when the sky comes crashing in
Not bothered by fire, for his elements were surely fixated in the same modicums, the Sword stepped closer, admiring the turn of the spit and the roasting of the deer leg. From within his own satchel, he snagged at leftovers of the vampire gourds from previous seasons – figuring they’d do well, roasted and perhaps lightly salted. In acknowledgment to both Cordelia and Noah, he orchestrated a tiny pot, settling that along the spit too. “I saved some pumpkin seeds from the fall. There should be enough for us all.”

But his eyes didn’t miss the sudden visitor, striving to be sneaky. He recognized the companion too – the dragon of Wessex’s – and a very sudden rage came over him. Not willing to take his contempt out on the creature, he simply regarded it in ample warning – arching a brow. “This meat is not for you. Find another to make do.” No doubt the Wraith simply thought, permitted, allowed, the sanction to take place.

Not on his watch.

So he hastened a bout of Mastered Air to send the dragon well on its way.

--

Deimos adds some pumpkin seeds to roast!

He also sends a flurry of Mastered Air to chase Loki off and away from the deer leg.
DEIMOS
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
you must burn brighter than ever
With regular aplomb, and a jovial clap of her hands, Melita grinned at the sight of the sudden bonfires. Pleased with how their Ludo-rendered sculpture had come out, she snagged at her basket, revealing the bacon she’d brought to Fangorn. A delighted swing of his vines followed through, and the honeybee laughed. “Some for you, and some for me,” she hummed. “How content we will be!”

Laughing at the ridiculousness of the situation, but enjoying it for all it was worth, the youth advanced towards the fire, layering out the meat while Fangorn looked on – eyes widening, staring down the proportions, eager to snag at the snack, cooked or otherwise.

--

Melita cooks her bacon!
Melita
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
HARPER
Food time! There seems to be a little bit of drama beginning to stir, but Harper isn't here in his official capacity, and none of them belong to Torchline so he turns a faux-blind eye to it. Instead, he gives Ray a reprieve from his mischief, and turns them instead to Melita. Slinking over with his concoction of fruits that most certainly shouldn't be roasted (or should they?) he sidles up with a grin and a tickle of the fingers towards Fangorn.

"You came much more prepared than I thought I might," he notes with purpose, grin gleaming and bright, "won't you take pity and spare me a bite?" Though he says it, he's already skewering a banana and an apple onto a stick to roast over the fire, wondering just how it might taste. Horrible? Surprisingly wonderful? Harper is excited regardless of the outcome.

- - -

Harper tries to wheedle a bite of Melita's bacon, while roasting a banana and an apple over the bonfire.
caught in this reckless raging fury
that they call the love of God

Table Code by Sky!
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
NOAH

Having completed their work on the luxere, and the rest of the people gathered finished their work on what they thought was "the best", they all moved on. The fire erupted and roared and covered Noah in a familiar warmth. Others stepped forward to roast what they had brought and, bringing forth what he had brought, Noah started his contribution. He prepared the fish and skewered it on one of the branches he did not use for the luxere antlers. Just as he was turning it over a second time as the flames and heat worked their magic, Noah's attention shifted to the companion moving in on them.

The black dragon made him instantly uneasy and a growl rumbled in the bottom of his throat, his eyes shifting and fangs elongating in his mouth. His lip twitched in a snarl just as Deimos' magic lifted. The wind pulled at Noah's blond hair as it cycloned toward the dragon. His feline eyes moved temporarily to Wessex,  before he shook his head and went back to roasting his fish.

---
Noah roasts his fish!

I'll follow you down through the eye of the storm

Don't worry I'll keep you warm
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2935
Are you sure about that?
Edmund is very pleased by their sculpture, happy to see his idea come to life. The little Abandoned giggles at his Mum's affection and happily follows her to the bonfire. "I'll be careful mummy! I... uh...can't wait to put the treats in my tummy?" The rhyme has the child breaking into another fit of giggles.

With Maeve's help, Edmund places his bread on the coals at the edge of the fire. There really wasn't much better then warm bread and butter. The kid wished he'd thought of that sooner. But warm bred alone would have to do. But surely Mummy would share her honey cakes with him? Oops, uh, maybe on a whim?

Edmund rhymes and with Maeve's help roasts his bread.
EDMUND
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
cats were worshipped as gods
The cookie sculpture looked rather appetizing to Ray. A success for sure. When the bonfire appears, the herbalist grabs her sage and lavender and heads over. There was a moment of doubt when she realizes that everyone else had indeed brought some kind of food to roast. The letter had certainly made it sound like food was desired, but that Ray had also interpreted it that anything capable of being roasted was ok.

Letting out a hum, the herbalist approaches regardless. The herbs would work best if they were roasted and burned slowly as the night progressed. That way they scent they gave off would be subtle and pleasing. Stepping forward, Ray places the herb bundles on the edge of the coals, just close enough for a slow roast.

Ray places her herbs (sage and lavender) on the edge of the coals to slowly roast.
They have not
forgotten this
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Change author:
Nikolai
Not all truths
Belong to the light
Nikolai was caught off guard by Nate's concern but decides to go along with it for now, sticking close to him and Azrael. Nikolai certainly understood the sentiment though. Two young Ascended surrounded by potential enemies, no wonder the Demi-god and Sunjata seemed on edge. Their concern warms something in him  though and makes a small smile come to his face.

Sunjata's offer then doesn't come as a surprise but Nikolai appreciates it nonetheless. He hands his marshmallows over without complaint. "Thank you. Going to the fire would be risky, true." Hopefully the Attuned wouldn't have any issues either but Nikolai would keep an eye out regardless.

Nikolai hands his marshmallows to Sunjata for him to roast!

The world is new to you, and you to it. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, you roll with advantage on luck-based rolls and receive an extra name during drops. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
Some lie in wait
For you to step into the shadows

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

random event

Fascinating, fascinating, I can't believe what you've brought.
Some things you have made and some things you have caught,
Some have been plucked and others have been skinned,
Some are a bit..meh, so I'm glad you're downwind.

Now lastly we have the thing which is funny,
be it amusing, or gross, or weird, or pun-y.
That means it's time for us finally to meet,
I've been waiting for this moment on the edge of my seat.

Meeting me counts as a rare creature encounter,
so even if you don't win, hopefully this won't be a downer.
I am a little bit vile and a little bit menacing,
I really hate singing (I find it quite defeaning).

I am not at all like any creatures you've seen,
I walk upright on two legs and my fur is pale green.
I have long twisty fingers and a permanent glare,
and a body whose shape looks a bit like a pear.

Here in my bag I have a number of things,
from items and shifts, and ascended upgrade-things.
There's magic too, but I think you'll agree,
the best prize of all is being able to win me.

So ignore my sharp teeth and the aura of spite,
form an orderly line (this will probably turn out alright).
Give me your best and try to make me grin,
to do so successfully means that you win.

You have 48 hrs. Bonus points if you DM your admin chat with what you think the creature is.

Noah, Nikolai, Edmund, and Ray are all eliminated for not posting in time. They may not use this drop for levelling or MP purposes.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Change author:
I get them all worked up and down on their knees, you see
Maeve passes Edmund one of the honey cakes, letting him snack away as she gets in line, playing cards at the ready. She isn't exactly the best at close up magic, but you pick a few things up when you're attempting to entertain guests. Not to mention that her cards are special. Special meaning covered in drawings of naked people in various sex acts. Even so, they're nice cards and Maeve wastes no time in performing a trick, producing a card at the end with a flourish. "Is this your card?"

Did they even pick one? It doesn't matter. The shock factor is what's on the cards. In this case it's a drawing of a man being held up by his ankles by another and tickled with what seems to be a feather by someone else. What a fun little threesome. "If it's not then please disregard."

Maeve does a card trick and shows off her "naughty" playing cards.
They take my fingers in their mouths like it's poetry
Maeve