[se] 5 dollar words
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
he had eyes like rain & hair like waves
& a soul as vast and deep as the ocean
"No, but that is not what you asked." Remi counters with a shrug. Alpha predator or not, the alchemist wouldn't hesitate to eat a manticore or kraken were he in the position to do so. But then, Remi had been a predator from a very young age, so perhaps in a few years Ronin wouldn't have the same compulsions against eating a dragon.

As if wounded, Remi retracts his tentacle back into himself with a feigned frown. "I wonder if gaining Torchline is more of an accomplishment than losing Sunjata." He mumbles thoughtfully, wriggling his toes. "Probably not though. A new leader could just...erase everything Maeve has done, I suppose." As for the plants dying, Remi frowns and tilts his head. "Why would she care about the plants? It's the entire continent away from her."
THE LULLABY
& i guess i didn't mind  d r o w n i n g  in him.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
even my darkness shines for you
"Well, that... fine," Ronin relents with a pout, folding his arms across his chest as if to protect himself from the (currently retracting) tentacle. His nose is still wrinkled about it, but he does plod forward once Remi has arms again so he can wrap him up in a hug while he's rooted in the sand.

"Mm... unless all of Torchline begins to worship her publically and regularly, I doubt it," he says. "Though I do wonder, with everything she has put into the islands, would a new leader really erase it?" Can gods take back their gifts if an allegiance changes? Even if they can't, would that really stop Safrin?

He shrugs at Maeve's interest, unsure about it but not really caring either way. "I guess with everything going on, it's good to keep an ear to the ground. You never know what might end up being monstrous, or a relic, or war."
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Let's hope Torchline never has to find out." In Remi's opinion Safrin absolutely would take back all of her gifts. She'd proven as much with Sunjata—though Remi didn't know that—but he'd seen her vanity and fickleness strike at Ronin a time or two, and he was arguably her favourite plaything follower.

Dancing his fingertips (all 8 of them) down Ronin's back, Remi grins a touch crookedly. "All of those things sound very ominous." He whispers, delighted. "Perhaps we should make more of an effort to figure it out, then. Especially if it is a monster. It will be good for our business." Raising his eyebrows as his fingers continue to pulse against Ronin's muscles, Remi glances over his shoulder as if he might see some lumbering creature appearing out of the moonlight.
THE LULLABY
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Ronin doesn't really have anything to say to that, though the wince on the Huntsman's face says it for him. Letting his fingers scatter through sandy curls, he can also imagine Safrin very easily snatching away Torchline's gifts, just as she had done with his own when he'd denied her. "Didn't you know? Ominous is the theme these days," he murmurs, his back arching under the tickling fingertips, a smile curling across his lips.

"We do seem to be quite good at killing monsters," he confirms, swaying gently under the moonlight as if they can dance (ish) in the quickly drying sand. "Though you say business - I don't recall anyone offering a reward for our services." How dare they, when Remi had sacrificed literal fingers for the work they've just decided they did as part of a business.
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Pausing in Ronin's arms, Remi frowns, his gaze somewhere over Ronin's shoulder as he tries to recall if they had ever been compensated. Half the time they hadn't even been thanked. "We should up our prices." He concludes with a half-hearted grumble as he allowed himself to sway gently in Ronin's arms once more.

"Tell me oh wise and powerful Huntsman, if you were a plant-growing monster out here in the desert, where would you be? And most importantly why? Relic, monster, or war-starting event, I cannot see what growing plants and then letting them die has to do with it." They can't stay here forever, but gods there is something so utterly perfect about star-wet sand beneath their barefeet and nothing but the moon to overhear them.
THE LULLABY
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"Mmhm, we absolutely should," Ronin agrees with a serious nod. They ought to up them from nil to something substantially larger, for sure. Still, it's something that can wait for tomorrow or the day after or whatever near distant future approaches. For now he loops his arms around Remi's shoulders and draws him close as they sway, not bothering to hide his content smile at this moment of calm in the chaos.

Wise and powerful has his smile growing, Ronin raising his eyebrows and gazing across at the alchemist. "Me? I'd be deep, deep down beneath our feet, where it's as cool and as damp as it can get." The why is a bit more difficult, though, and he pauses in their swaying so he can scatter feather-light kisses across Remi's cheek. "Attention?" he guesses. "That's the only reason I can think that this would all start happening now."
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Even at night?" Remi wonders, tipping his head back both to indicate the stars overhead and to give Ronin's kisses a greater canvas upon which to scatter. "I would hide during the day too, but at night? It is actually rather peaceful." Or maybe they'd just happened upon an uneventful evening in the desert, but he doubted if their luck was that good.

"Well, that doesn't sound very relic-y to me, then." Remi muses as his hands softly press to encourage the muscles of Ronin's lower back to relax beneath his pressure. "A monster maybe. I would suggest asking Noah to come and have a look with us, but I think he might melt in all this heat." Chuckling softly at the thought, Remi shrugs, far too enamoured with the way the moonlight brought out the blue of Ronin's eyes.  "Shall we go home?"
THE LULLABY
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
"Mm... most plants and flowers close up at night, don't they? Apart from those ones that bloom in the moonlight. Maybe there are a few still growing out here, we're just not seeing them." Ronin definitely isn't seeing them, given that he's busy trailing kisses down along Remi's jawline, savouring the salt and sweetness against his lips. "It doesn't sound very relic-y," he agrees, melting further into the other man's touch.

"Well, if he'd melt here and there's no one around to pay us for killing a monster, we may as well make ourselves scarce. I'm not doing it for free." Again. Nodding to Remi, Ronin draws back enough to walk them back to their shoes, though he doesn't pull them on. Instead, his wings stretch from his shoulders and, with shoes in hand, he takes off into the skies for a midnight flight.

~FIN
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky