strength is in the eye of the beholder
Sunjata
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
when it's just the two of us, only the two of us
"Oh, I bet." Isla grins; this is much more like the Sunjata she's used to seeing. Actually, given that she usually sees him when he's in trouble, or a hallucinating insomniac worried about seeing his father everywhere, this is a lot better. Raising her eyebrows to see the blob of water hovering towards her, she tilts her head at the Flood. "Well look at you," she murmurs, starting to wash off the pieces to see them better.

She nearly drops one, though, to hear his request, silver rushing to her cheeks. "Uh?" Is that a response? How does that become a response? "I mean... I... when you say help, what does that actually entail?" she asks. It's already a very strange existence with an Ascended boyfriend and a Ludo demigod and a tall and handsome stranger in the Wilds and the Prince looking the way he does... why not just throw that in?

The offer of a shift can wait - Isla's mind is currently very preoccupied.
i could die
Isla
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5167
my heart and soul were never mine to own, what do you care to die for?
It’s not much… But it’s a start.” And he has all of his zoo to call upon still should he need to. All in all, he’s feeling great. But he lays out the cards on the table, eyes following the way she cleans off some of the jewelry and the way one of them falls as soon as his offer hangs in the air between them. Now, being married to an Ascended, while he can’t exactly get Nate to flush very often, he has in the past – and that silvery flush that covers her cheeks is something he immediately notices.

The smile spans a bit wider, Sunjata leaning back, less crossing over the space between them. “Verbatim?” Clearing his throat, he sits up a bit taller. “Whether by being involved, or helping to facilitate, or… you know…” One of the few things Sunjata recalls from then, before of course he’d slept with Frey and then had Safrin scrubbed from his bones. “So I suppose you get to pick your poison. Or... Indulgence?” The sphere of water warbles as his hands move to gesture in a way that seems to say this or that.
we die alone, we'll all die young
what do you care to die for? what do you care to die from?
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Grumbling to herself, Isla tries to distract away from Sunjata's request by leaning down to pick up the piece she's dropped, hastily washing it in the water without looking at it; when she does, she'll find it's an amulet suspended on a golden chain, a sizeable diamond sitting in the centre of it. But that can come later. Still blushing, she can't help but narrow her eyes playfully at the Flood. "You are enjoying this, aren't you?"

Verbatim makes it worse, unsurprisingly, Isla rolling her eyes up towards the ceiling and clasping the jewellery tightly in her fingers. "I mean, of course I am happy to help. But I will have to speak to Cal about it first - it isn't just my decision." Regardless of which way they decide to go about it. "How does Nate feel about this quest?"
i could die
Isla
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Immensely, Isla.” Sunjata admits with a hum of a laugh, so much more like the old version of himself before getting himself in too deep to the drama and trauma of what had happened to him. For now? It just feels like he’s coping with it again, just as he had when it started.

His gaze drops to the amulet which if he didn’t know any better certainly did look like a diamond, before her gaze drifts toward the ceiling and his own studies her face. “Of course.” It wasn’t like he was going to force her into doing anything. She could say no and he wouldn’t have any issues with moving on from the subject.

When it comes to Nate, though, an amused smile crosses his face and he lowers the water to drop down into the stones where it connects with the wall so that it might stay out of the way. “He doesn’t really know about it?” He says a touch awkwardly, a shoulder rolling with his shrug. “The item I asked for would be able to teleport Nate and I to the Grounds room. It’s… An anniversary gift for him.” And therefore Nate didn’t need to know the details, as far as Sunjata was concerned.

And a part of him just assumes Nate knows what they’re getting into, given who's demigod he’s become.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla can't help but smile at that, letting go of her embarrassment and reservations with a sigh and a slump of her shoulders, and she watches with mild interest a she moves the bubble of water out of their way. "If nothing else, I'm pretty sure we can let you set us up a romantic evening in the room," she says. "Though I'll be trying not to think about why you're actually doing it and why it's you arranging everything."

Raising her eyebrows as the conversation turns to Nate, of course the Ascended finds it very sweet, and she scrunches her nose affectionately to Sunjata. "That's a great gift," she murmurs. "I hope things get easier for you both from here on out. Even if you being Frey's demigod means tending to a bunch of sex quests."
i could die
Isla
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
It’s probably better that way.” A rumbling laugh leaves him, the newly minted demigod smoothing down his shirt now that his hands are open fully again without the water being a primary thought. The way she scrunches her nose to his little gift idea for his husband has him flushing a fraction, freckled cheeks flaring a small amount of red.

It’s likely the fact that it’s obvious what the item is for, but she harbors no judgements of it. And for that he’s thankful. “Mm, well, we are and always have been fairly open.” Aside from a select few that have driven the jealousy spikes between them. “I figure it isn’t too far different from whenever he needs to bite someone, if it goes further than that.” And that’s how he plans to keep it – a no strings attached sort of deal, regardless of what happens between the sheets.

It’s easier for everyone involved, that way.
SUNJATA
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla can't help but smile at Sunjata - she doesn't think she's seen him blush in all the time they've known each other, and she definitely agrees that it's better this way. "Have you? I wouldn't have guessed," she says, and she means it. "It's not all that different, as long as you're able to keep the emotions out of it. Cal and I have never had that talk specifically, but I can see us feeling the same way." It's kind of a necessary part of life, as an Ascended.

Gazing down at the amulet in her hands at last, Isla perks up and smiles, holding it up for Sunjata to see. "Well, there you have it. The strongest substance I can get my hands on," she says, showing him the diamond. "I should have imagined I'd be more likely to find this in the ruins than something like titanium."
i could die
Isla
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The fact that Isla wouldn’t have guessed about their open relationship has Sunjata’s brows rising an inch, his steel gaze lifting to her face again. “I will say that from experience it isn’t hard for us to keep the emotions out of it…” He pauses, head tilting left and right as a quiet sound leaves him. “But for others it proves a bit more difficult.” At least, that’s what he gathered with his conversation with Locke, even though Maeve had moved on from it. There had been a point where she had certainly caught feelings, feelings that weren’t reciprocated. “I haven’t met a Cal yet.” He decides to shift the subject swiftly instead of prolonging it. “Perhaps if he agrees to me hosting the date for you two you could tell me a few things he likes too.” The suggestion is made quickly and easily, before she’s holding up the amulet.

His gaze falls to it immediately, to the diamond that sparkles in the center now washed free of any dirt and dust over the years, decades, possible centuries. A grin spans his face, tugging at the corners as he nods and moves to stand, offering her a hand now to help her up from the space against the wall she’s sat in to sift through the jewelry. “Suppose you could say you found the diamond in the rough?” The jest is made easily, a low rumble leaving him. “Is there anything else of interest in that box?
SUNJATA
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
"Is that so? I can't say I'm surprised, with you two charming the pants off everyone," Isla says with a chuckle. The fresh mention of Cal has silver further dusting her cheeks, the medic smiling up at Sunjata. "I think you would like him," she decides after a moment or two of thought. "I'll be sure to bring your offer up with him. He'll probably laugh and make you an oddly specific list of the things he likes, just to be a shit."

Isla takes the Flood's hand and rises to her feet, rolling her eyes all the way down to her diamond in the rough, considering it for a moment or two longer before slipping it into her pocket. "Mm? I don't know... anything you like the look of?" Reaching down, she brings the box up to show Sunjata properly, a mixture of cleaned up earrings, rings, necklaces and other pieces sparkling up at him.
i could die
Isla
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
His hands rise in a placating motion, a soft laugh leaving him. “Hey, it isn’t like I’m doing it on purpose.” He lets the chuckle leave him as he focuses on what she has to say of this Cal. A dark brow rises at the mention of him liking the other man, and when the information of a list of all the things he likes that’s oddly specific, Sunjata can’t help but to bark another laugh. “Well, certainly sounds like the type I’d get along with.” He imagines Nate would do something quite similar to that when it came to being oddly specific about things.

Either way, he helps her rise to her feet and his gaze drops to the jewelry box as she lifts it to show him properly. “Hm.” He hums, reaching down to push around some of the jewels. Eventually, though, he turns over a pair of gold studded earrings with a decently sized ruby within each one. Picking those out, he brings one up to get a better look at it, before his gaze lands back on Isla. “These should do, thank you.” He flashes her a brighter grin before pocketing them. Red certainly isn’t his color, but it absolutely is Nate’s.
SUNJATA
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
"Yeah, yeah. I bet that's what they all say," Isla drawls, her smile sunny and her blush lingering a little longer given the subject of conversation. Whether it's Sunny or Nate charming the pants off people, or Cal doing the same, she can't be blamed for getting flustered, surely. "You'll have to reserve your final judgement for when you meet him," she decides at last, holding the box out to let him take his pick.

And the ruby studs are a surprise to her as well, though Isla soon guesses that they aren't for Sunjata. "I am sure he will love them," she says with a wink, closing the box up again and setting it down somewhere safe in the ruins, where other intrepid explorers might be able to get their hands on the treasure.

"That's all I needed from here," she says, gesturing for Jata to follow her back out into the pathways where the Prince is waiting. "Come on - if we head back to my place, I'll make some tea. Maybe you'll even get a chance to meet the man of the hour."

That being Cal, obviously.

~FIN
i could die
Isla