drowning in the fount of pain you poured
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 53 - Luck: 42 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 1450
Trigger Warning 
yet my blood renders me a King
Sah nods, letting out a sigh. "I was...I still am." Even with them gone, the Abandoned would always be their father and he would always feel their loss with his every heartbeat. He imagines that Hotaru feels the same about her own children.

Eyeing his fellow Abandoned as she attempts to comfort him, Sah can only sigh. It seems she doesn't know.  "I'm glad that Safrin is protecting some. But... it's not enough." It's painful to bring this up, especially to someone who he can imagine will react similarly to how he did. "Hotaru, do you know what happens to Abandoned in Stormbreak? I mean beyond the fact that if we go there, we die?" He reaches up and takes the hand on his cheek and gives it a squeeze. A sign of comfort and solidarity, but also a warning of what he's about to say.

Gritting his teeth to suppress his rage and grief, Sah continues before she can guess. "Abandoned children are killed, Hotaru. There's some kind of magic or barrier there. If someone is carrying an Abandoned child, they will either miscarriage or the child will be stillborn." The younger Abandoned practically trembles with rage, "Safrin has chosen to save the children alive and I'm thankful for it, but why are some children, children like us, not even allowed to live?" The Goddess' protection was a blessing, but why was it only given to some children? Why not all?

Sah shakes his head, "The Old Gods seek the genocide of the Ascended and refuse to let innocent Abandoned children live. The Voice forces her followers to be fully depending on her for survival so that they can never go against her or live without her. It's madness." It made Sah wonder how some could devote themselves so wholly to the Gods of Caido. Even those he knew and trusted seemed to brush off the worst crimes of their own deities while amplifying the crimes of others.
Sah

Messages In This Thread
RE: drowning in the fount of pain you poured - by Sah - 12-29-2021, 11:57 PM