Training I need my right-hand man back
Varus
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I know, I fought you in the dark
Wessex echoes his laughter in her head once he hurls that disk at her again - because of course, she isn’t up there. She’s at his feet. And she’s abso-fucking-lutely delighted. Turning the fake giant Kitsune to look at Cal, it watches him as the disc spins right through it (and hopefully returns to his hand) and then grins and -

- and disappears, leaving the real kitsune!Wessex to bound towards him, tails flying behind her. But is she really bounding towards him, or is she still sitting there with an open, vulpine grin on her face. He’ll know soon enough, depending on his next choice.
the wraith
WESSEX
Varus Callahan
Assassin / Hollowed Grounds Captain

Age: 347 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
// not yet corpses, still we rot //
What?” He breathes, watching the disk slip right through the illusion, brows pinching immediately as his gaze drifts to the rest of it, searching for the flaws that might tell him where she really is. In the meantime, though, it stares at him, and Varus;s body moves into motion once he has the disk back in his hand, watching the illusion fade until Wessex starts bounding toward him.

At least, he thinks it’s her. He can’t really tell – all of it looking so incredibly real that he sucks in a deep breath he doesn’t need but still braces himself, and takes up a rather defensive pose, waiting for the kitsune to either collide with him or pass straight through him.

Part of him hopes that it’s really her, because he’d rather be knocked to the ground and pounced on by the kitsune than to feel what it’s like to have an illusion slip through him.
VARUS
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
I know, I fought you in the dark
Perhaps the best thing about Cal’s reaction is that Wessex knows the Captain will be able to do all of this himself once they start biting and sharing powers. He’ll have his own flavor of illusion, different from herself and Neron - and the same will go for all of their siblings; they could be an army of mindfuckery and deception and that thought makes her want to literally inject her magic into everyone’s veins.

But first - no, it is not the General bounding towards him - she’s still sitting there, spitting magic at him. He will feel the weight of the kitsune on him, but there are no more attacks coming, as, yes, it seems to disappear and then reappear with a thump behind him. Looking back a the Captain, the fox seems to wink and then disappear into the darkness.

Without much fuss or fanfare, Wessex shifts back into herself, save for a single black tail and its white tip.

{Fin}
the wraith
WESSEX