more damaged than good
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
You don't have to be a hero to save the world
You don't have to be a prodigy to be unique
She waves him off when she spots the glow of his healing power, brow furrowing and eyes hardening. Did he really think she expected him to come to her rescue every time she got hurt? "It's fine," she insists, nonchalant, focused on being convincing. Her gaze softens as she glances back up at his face to see him staring at her. "I just- have stitches," she puffs out a breath of air, "they're still healing but it's fine. Help me with the boxes." She gestures vaguely toward them and slowly, carefully gets back up on her feet, stifling a groan.

'Sure' he says, or barely says. Trying not to let this feel like it's already come undone by the seams, she starts packing things back into the crates. She sorts them by the type of item they are, assuming that's how they had been sorted already. Nets, fishing lines, tools. Each in their own box. As they're in the midst of this, she's caught completely off guard when Milo snaps at the sailor. Jones, apparently is his name, seems a bit stunned himself. After a moment of speechless silence, he waves the two of them off and stalks up the docks toward the beach. Aurelia eyes Milo from the corner of her eye whenever he's not looking at her, her lips turning in a concentrated frown.

She picks up a box of tobacco that had somehow gotten soggy, making a quiet "bleugh" sound as she drops it, falling apart, into its designated crate. "Guess I owe 'Jonesy' some smokes-" she's kneeling down to collect the rest of them when Milo comes right out with it. Demanding the answer they've both been waiting for, really.

Unfortunately, nothing good has magically popped into Aurelia's head in this entire time. "The Wilds," she answers, tossing the last box of tobacco without looking at him. It may not be well-tailored but at least it's the truth. "I got lost out there, trying to help Remi find something the Gods sent him after," she busies herself with stacking up the crates, continuing even if her throat feels more and more constricted, "Some spirits got into my head and the next thing I knew I was waking up from a fever-dream in the swamps, with a festering wound on my leg. It took that a long time to heal... or at least, heal enough for me to make it back here, back to..." She stops as she lowers another crate, looking pointedly at him.
It feels like nothing is easy, it'll never be
That's alright, let it out, talk to me
code credits go to Skylark!<3

Messages In This Thread
more damaged than good - by Aurelia - 12-09-2021, 03:12 PM
RE: more damaged than good - by Milo - 12-11-2021, 06:22 AM
RE: more damaged than good - by Aurelia - 12-12-2021, 02:59 AM
RE: more damaged than good - by Milo - 12-14-2021, 04:43 AM
RE: more damaged than good - by Aurelia - 12-16-2021, 10:08 AM
RE: more damaged than good - by Milo - 12-16-2021, 10:12 PM
RE: more damaged than good - by Aurelia - 12-17-2021, 01:01 AM
RE: more damaged than good - by Milo - 12-18-2021, 04:49 AM