BrainDed
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
I know I am good at something, I just haven't found it yet
Phoebe was confused, then inmediately concerned. Isla was here but he would need to explain? What did that mean? Was she injured? Comatose? What?? But...well he would have said if something was horribly wrong right? So she nodded a little, trusting him to explain the whereabouts of the medic. She was terribly needed right now in many places because of all the injuries and suffering. Maybe the explanation was more mundane than she feared.

Remi pulled her in for a hug, the sort of hug that reached in and embraced the soul itself. Her armor of strength that had been holding back the well of emotion with the barest of threads cracked then. In all of the suffering, the struggle, the cruelty, Phoebe had been the comforter. She had yet to be held or soothed with kind words. A choked sob bubbled up and escaped her lips, pressing her face into Remi's chest, finally falling apart for just a few moments. Her whole body trembled as she hugged the alchemist back and cried, holding onto him as if letting go would snap the last remaining strands of sanity keeping her rooted in the moment.

But the tidal wave of emotion did not last very long. Her heart and soul ached and yet she felt selfish for it. They hadn't been her family after all. The scene had been horrific, the trek to safety had been stressful at best and her muscles ached from it, but she hadn't really known those people. Her emotional state was selfishly self-preservationist and weak when in truth, when Long Night ended, her life would be realtively the same. Emmett and his sibling's wouldn't. So after a few minutes of indulgence she swallowed, forcing the feelings back down, locking them away, breath coming in short spurts.

Remi's question helped and she shook her head, pulling back slightly so she could look up at him again. "No. It had his bull face but the rest...even if it had been him at some point he was no longer my brother." she said, her answer interrupted by a few little hyperventilated gasps for air. No. Somehow the monster had known to take his face, but that was all.

Phoebe looked down at herself, watching the rags she was in transform into a pretty blue dress. She sniffled and wiped at her eyes. "Thank you...its so pretty...you could be a fashion designer if this alchemy thing doesn't pan out for you." she said with a soft laugh, trying to use humor to lift her own spirits.

She nodded a little and sighed, finally getting her emotjons in hand again. "Just barely. His ribs and arm are broken. His torso was cut open but nothing inside hurt so I got him stitched back up. Miss Vai used magic to get the poison out and Ronin set his arm...I was looking for Isla though to asses that to make sure it didn't need more work. I hope she won't mind I took a sling from the infirmary earlier..." she said.

Messages In This Thread
BrainDed - by Phoebe - 02-23-2019, 02:12 AM
RE: BrainDed - by Remi - 02-24-2019, 01:43 AM
RE: BrainDed - by Phoebe - 02-24-2019, 02:24 AM
RE: BrainDed - by Remi - 02-24-2019, 02:35 AM
RE: BrainDed - by Phoebe - 02-24-2019, 03:07 AM
RE: BrainDed - by Remi - 02-25-2019, 04:12 AM
RE: BrainDed - by Phoebe - 02-25-2019, 01:26 PM
RE: BrainDed - by Remi - 02-26-2019, 06:22 PM
RE: BrainDed - by Phoebe - 02-26-2019, 07:09 PM
RE: BrainDed - by Remi - 02-28-2019, 05:17 PM