unobtainable colors
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
it's the road that leads to nowhere
"Yes- I got an infection. Thankfully the wound has healed," she returns the sympathy with a gentle, reassuring smile. With a soft sigh, she picks her way over to a spot to sit on the shoreline. There is a limp in her steps as she goes. "It's still sore but, I'm much better now." As much as she once hated being pitied, as much as she would often try to make herself appear stronger than she actually was, she feels no ember of vexation, no spark of defiance. She'd done poorly, for herself and for Torchline. She saw no point in hiding it anymore. But her attention catches on the lingering, undefined edges of Juniper's sentiments. "I'd never been leader of anything before," a thoughtful frown takes precedent on her brow as she turns to look across the shimmering waters, "I jumped at the chance because I thought it would make me a better person."

Aurelia takes off the satchel from her shoulder and sets it down neatly beside her in the grass, listening to Juniper's answers. She remembered something someone had told her, once, about Frey being more neutral toward the Abandoned. Perhaps Juniper was onto something with that; maybe Rae and their herald were less militant, less condemning of views and people.

"I have only spoken with Safrin twice by myself," she admits, glancing down, "but she gave me a chance. That's all I needed. I think I picked her because people warned me that she would be the hardest to please. I knew that, if I received her favor, it would be because I'd earned it." Her hands stroke the blades of grass beside her, absently ripping small tufts, "I come from a different world, I was a different person. I lost everything that mattered to me, everything I'd worked toward, but... I eventually realized that Caido wasn't a loss. It's an opportunity. I could change, I could make up for what I was before by being better here. Safrin has done nothing but help me in that journey." The last sentence is spoken with a hoarseness in her voice, regret straining her throat.

Swallowing her emotions down, she turns her face back to look at Juniper, "Sorry. I know you're looking to hear more about Rae or Frey. I've never met them but I've heard a few things - I'm sure you're right. When it comes to the Gods and Heralds, you should trust your gut."
but all I wanna do is go there
Aurelia
code credits go to Skylark!<3

Messages In This Thread
unobtainable colors - by Aurelia - 12-13-2021, 01:05 AM
RE: unobtainable colors - by Juniper - 12-13-2021, 05:04 PM
RE: unobtainable colors - by Aurelia - 12-16-2021, 09:32 AM
RE: unobtainable colors - by Juniper - 12-17-2021, 03:05 AM
RE: unobtainable colors - by Aurelia - 12-17-2021, 03:36 AM
RE: unobtainable colors - by Juniper - 12-18-2021, 10:43 PM
RE: unobtainable colors - by Aurelia - 12-21-2021, 06:26 AM
RE: unobtainable colors - by Juniper - 12-27-2021, 11:19 PM