[se] like starting over
Shaye Alexander
Furrier

Age: 31 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Shaye

"One like... her?" She suggests, nodding to look across the unicorn's strong build, the dark horn at the crest of her head. "What kind is she? I think I would like one that's fast," and she offers an ambitious smile in his direction, "it might help me in my traveling, which I think I'll be doing a lot more of now." It could also be useful in more dire situations, in cases of urgency or need, but she doesn't think she needs to explicitly say that. Becoming a monster hunter, one would need to be well-equipped.

Shaye meets his narrowed gaze with a pinch of her nose, only to have a rather squashed grape flick through her hair. Shaking it out, she scoffs merrily and shakes her head, finding a small desire to further her own childish antics but holding them off - for better moments to seek revenge, perhaps. She peers at his cup in the matter of preferred drink, saying, "I'll have whatever you're having..." she fixes the locks of hair that had come loose behind her ear, humming thoughtfully as he confirms her assumption about Halo's mountainous reaches. "I always thought companions chose you, not the other way around. How did you 'get' these two?" She tilts her head curiously. There wasn't a market for mythical creatures, after all.

He seems more eager to talk about the monsters and she's glad to have made the right choice in first topics, wondering to herself what exactly he would want to talk to her about Halo. But she pays more attention to the things he does say, nodding with approval and then concern when he brings up the monsters that have posed greater threats. As far as studying animals went, Shaye could appreciate that as well. "I have some books on the native wildlife of Halo that I can bring. Maybe I can find more, start a small collection for the guild's use, and we can make a point to journal our own findings as well," of course, reading books wouldn't hunt the monsters for them but it might help prepare them for what lay beyond the guild's safe walls.

At his latter comment, of what she already knows, she pops the grape into her mouth and chews it down for a moment before taking a lengthy sip of water. Setting down the cup, she licks her lower lip and explains: "I hunt as well as any other, I'm familiar with most weapons but partial to long range - and I can make use of all parts of the animal. I made that myself," she motions to the fur cloak that's folded on the sand, and she has had plenty of practice in her years that it's a fine garment indeed. Enough fur in the linings to keep one warm even in Halo, and seams strong enough to hold even when faced with such a rugged terrain. Less confidently, she glances downward for a moment and then admits, "it's how I make a living these days. I... usually hunt smaller game, with hawks. I think the worst beasts I have ever faced are the Ursurs and wolves out on the tundra, but not because I sought them out," she pauses, leaning back a bit and lifting her chin in a stubborn measure, "but I do have healing, and a willingness to learn and grow. I think that I would be a valuable asset with time and training and for now? For now I will do whatever I can to help the guild flourish, I can craft clothing or armor that's needed, lend my arrows or a healing hand.." Her brows lift and she purses her lips together, wondering if it would be enough until she grew stronger, faster, sharper...

At his explanation for entertaining Paige, she smiles softly, "I agree. Training under someone like you will give her an advantage, should her... adventurous spirit remain."
'cause it's all we know and it's only change

Messages In This Thread
[se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-01-2022, 07:22 PM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-02-2022, 12:12 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-02-2022, 12:40 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-02-2022, 02:40 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-02-2022, 11:53 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-06-2022, 09:30 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-06-2022, 11:24 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-09-2022, 12:32 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-09-2022, 01:21 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-09-2022, 09:39 AM