[se] like starting over
Shaye Alexander
Furrier

Age: 31 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Shaye

Shaye's ambitious smile lends itself more to amusement as she watches the unicorn flaunt her grace. "Zuri?" She clarifies, wondering, "That is her name? Where does it come from?"

If he's disappointed that she didn't pursue their game, she doesn't realize it. She takes him for a far more fierce and serious man. However! The fact that he had retaliated at all meant that there was far less she knew about him than she'd first suspected. He could be stony and rigid, but underlying that visage was someone lighthearted. She tucks away the realization for later. He laughs in his suggestion to ask a god, and she takes it as a tease rather than anything else. Smirking softly, she remarks with a slight of rancor, "As if the gods would ever answer a fool like me." She held nothing against them, in their own right they were powerful entities capable of making the world turn - or spin on its axis. For them, she held respect and fear and admiration all at once - if for no reason other than tradition. But she did not consider herself special enough to receive their undivided attention, especially given her race.

As Deimos continues on to tell the stories of how he acquired his bonded, Shaye retrieves her unfinished piece of bread and douses it with a generous glob of honey. The way she devours it is almost greedy, and she does stoop so low as to lick her fingers when it's finished. "Mm, I think I take pity on you as well," she declares, looking up from the crumbs as she dusts them off her lap. There's a teasing sharpness in her gaze, as she explains, "with food like this at your fingertips, you'll grow very fat in no time. Then you really will be easy pickings for Belial." And she dares a chuckle at that.

Shaye nods, simply happy to be of any use at all, and decides conclusively, "I'll see what I can find." Maybe there were libraries in the city of Haulani, shelves she could peruse for more information regarding the shores and jungles surrounding them here in Torchline. Her thoughts brim with more and more ideas as to how she can be an effective member of the guild, even after she tells him all she has to offer, that she's caught by surprise at his confidence in her already. Her brows raise just a fraction and her gaze snags against his, for a moment doubting that he really means it. But she sees nothing that might tell of misleading adulation, not that she can tell anyway. "Hmm.. maybe," she says reflectively, her mind pouring over other scenes; instances where she had not been enough.

She shifts and straightens in the sand. Meaning to brush past the moment, she clears her throat and says, "Now that we have that out of the way, what is it you wanted to talk to me about? It's about Halo..." her stare narrows inquisitively, "but what of it?"
'cause it's all we know and it's only change

Messages In This Thread
[se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-01-2022, 07:22 PM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-02-2022, 12:12 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-02-2022, 12:40 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-02-2022, 02:40 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-02-2022, 11:53 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-06-2022, 09:30 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-06-2022, 11:24 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-09-2022, 12:32 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Deimos - 01-09-2022, 01:21 AM
RE: [se] like starting over - by Shaye - 01-09-2022, 09:39 AM