you can’t turn back the clock
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
these nightmares all bend
silver linings are all i need
The shrine in Ludo's Woods. No better place to ask the herald no small favor. Helps that it's close by. And so, to the Greatwood she went, suspended through portals, ending up on the opposite side of Caido from where she hailed. She knew she would end up here eventually. For exploration, she'd thought, but now it's for something far more purposeful.

Seeing Hotaru's figure, draped by shadows of tall trees, makes her heart stiffen in her chest. To try and encompass what it makes Aurelia feel, words would be far too small. Her lungs shake with breaths she tries to silence. Blame it on rushing to get here, not some other, unseen depths. But for all the hurry she's been in, lifting her feet now suddenly feels monumental. She stills as the other woman rises to meet her, her expression hollow with uncertainty.

In lightning-scarred hands, Aurelia cradles her meager offering. Carved from two separate pieces of wood is a rider upon a single-horned steed. She doesn't look down at it, not just yet, meeting Hotaru's eyes instead.

"It is a burden," she says quietly, but amongst the trees her voice is isolated and loud, "but I would prefer us not to carry it alone anymore." They have for too long, and now is a time for change. As for too high a cost? "We're here. Let's see what happens," she decides, the unease in her gaze forging away, toward the shrine - and something akin to determination.

Turning the offering over she can hold it in one hand, she steps forward and takes Hotaru's without much thought. Her hand is warm, hushing the chill that creeps along Aurelia's arms. They kneel together, and the offerings find their places. The unicorn and its rider are separate pieces, but stand united on the earthy soil. Perhaps that would soon become reality again.

"Ludo... please hear me. I'm calling to you to right a wrong I've done," she speaks, looking out at the dark woods before them, "seasons ago, I killed this woman's companion, Atlas. I've since learned the ramifications of such a cruelty. I know what I'm asking is a lot. Too much. But Atlas is apart of her soul, and she cannot be whole again without him," she swallows and turns her gaze to Hotaru, "he died by my hands, and I'll do whatever I can to bring him back to her. I don't ask mercy for myself, but for them..."

Aurelia's offering looks something like this for a visual ref, except the horse is a unicorn -shot-
so please just hold onto me
these demons, they're old to me

Messages In This Thread
you can’t turn back the clock - by Hotaru - 01-03-2022, 12:20 AM
RE: you can’t turn back the clock - by Aurelia - 01-03-2022, 01:28 AM
RE: you can’t turn back the clock - by Ludo - 01-05-2022, 05:07 PM
RE: you can’t turn back the clock - by Hotaru - 01-06-2022, 11:19 PM
RE: you can’t turn back the clock - by Aurelia - 01-07-2022, 12:59 AM
RE: you can’t turn back the clock - by Ludo - 01-07-2022, 07:36 PM
RE: you can’t turn back the clock - by Aurelia - 01-08-2022, 05:44 AM