[SE] since the flowers stopped smelling
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia

I'll always be a piece of shit he says, and Aurelia lifts her glass with a smile that's best described as shattered, "Cheers to that." And she'll tilt her glass a little in an air-clink, since they are too far away to properly cheers. With a light swig, she nods at his assumption. "Far as I knew, things were actually peaceful," she shrugs, "but the Oracle foretold the war. And so it will be. We've got what..." setting her glass down, she counts on her fingers, "four? Four more seasons. Then, who knows what will happen. Maybe the volcanoes will erupt and the ocean will swallow the coast and the winds will topple mountains - and the gods will come down and play us all like chess, hmm?" If the last part wasn't already true, anyway.

Locke's reaction to the embers thrown his way draws a dark chuckle from Aurelia's throat, and she picks up her glass again to sip it with a light-hearted ease she hasn't felt in quite some time. "Hey-" she eyes him with a playful warning, "if I really wanted to set you on fire, I wouldn't have to try."

But she grows more serious as he explains his side of things, how he feels about being Attuned and the Gods and all of that good shit. She smirks at his mention of bites. "Hm, yeah, the first and only time I've been bit, I punched Nate right in the nose. Don't think I like it very much but.. to each their own," she muses, taking a slow drag from her cigarette and this time being able to relish it. More seriously, she leans forward in her seat so that her elbow rests against her knee and she advises, "Be careful with Gideon. He's... incredibly racist, which you'd think means stupid but - not really," she squints her eyes and scoffs with disdain, "he doesn't even consider the Ascended actual people. Did you know he had something to do with the Voice's shrine being destroyed in Torchline? And you know what happens if the Ascended can't reach their... mother, I guess." Or whatever they considered her. "It doesn't surprise me the least bit that he's out there killing 'em outright, either. A man of action, that one." And she doubted that, if Wessex couldn't take him out in whatever little mission she was on, he wouldn't continue his violence. Thus, the importance of naming and shaming him publicly.

She can only hum her agreement about fear making people act in stupid ways. She could understand that personally, but people being afraid wasn't something she ever considered being able to avoid - not about the war, anyway. "They should be scared," she says quietly, a more sinister tone in her voice now, "if they aren't, it's because they've got little schemes of their own." She wiggles her fingers in a vague gesture at the mention of 'schemes'.

For some reason, Aurelia also doesn't think that Maeve would listen to Locke, so she doesn't say much on the topic of him speaking with her. It likely wouldn't matter, but she does give him an appreciative look. Which fades into some mixed emotions when he half-asks what their relationship even was. "I still don't really know what was between us," she admits, "I care about her. A lot. At first, it was about being there for her. Since you'd run off, you know..." she eyes him carefully, "but then we became queens together and now... well, now I just don't even think she really sees me anymore. You know what she said when I got back? She asked me 'what happened to the person I lost?' Nevermind everything I lost. Milo can barely even look at me now, most people thought I died... So.. no, it's not the same. And the fact she doesn't even trust me about Gideon?" She waves her hands in a dismissive gesture, over it, done with it.
looking in the mirror, drop of rum on my tongue
with the warning to help me see myself clearer

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] since the flowers stopped smelling - by Aurelia - 01-08-2022, 03:58 AM