[se] pull me off my knees
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
full moon rising on the waters of my soul
Setting the wine back down, Amun peeked at the little spider, which was still happily suckling on the shot he'd poured for it. Nodding at Sam's words, the potter smiled. "I just meant that, if in the process of finding yourself, you find yourself in need of talking through something or a sympathetic ear, I'm here."

As the redhead deepened the kiss, Amun reached up to slide his hand through the bookmaker's hair before coming to rest on the other man's neck. Still, the potter kept the kiss relatively chaste. After a few more moments, he pulled away, grinning as he did. "As enjoyable as that was, I did promise you dancing, and I don't have the musicians all evening." With that, he reached to take Sam's hand that was resting on Amun's chin. If he could grasp it, he'd use it and the hand on the bookmaker's hip to guide the redhead into a small twirl.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Thank you for finding me
And thank you for the care
Sam had had his fair share of kisses by this point, but there was something new in this one; maybe it was the way it was kept short and simple, making him yearn for more as Amun pulled away - and yet, he was quite happy to nod and keep dancing, leave the 'more' for later. This was something he found he was more than content to take his time with, which felt dangerously self indulgent in the face of the war, but, well...maybe that was a part of the appeal.

Amun pulled him into a twirl and he decided to go all in, twirling as if his life depended on it - sadly, while his confidence had improved, his general clumsiness had not, and his feet betrayed him, resulting in an ungainly thwump into Amun's chest.

Maybe it was a symptom of his new confidence, or maybe it was his comfort with Amun, but Sam found instead of being mortified his immediate reaction was to laugh, tipping his forehead to rest on Amun's shoulder and shaking his head. "Oh dear. I hope you weren't expecting grace."
And fuck you for making me
Think that this life might be fair
SAMUEL
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
As Sam crashed into Amun's chest, the potter rocked back on his heels. Still, he let out a little laugh and didn't let the misstep deter him. Instead, he turned with the bookmaker, using the momentum from the collision instead of fighting it. At the same time, Amun slid both arms around until they rested in the small of the redhead's back.

Swaying side to side to the beat, the potter smiled, resting his head against the other man's. "For what it's worth, I found your new dance move very charming." Amun turned his head just slightly so he could press a brief kiss against Sam's temple.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Thank you for finding me
And thank you for the care
Amun worked with his stumble, showing impressive elegance and improvisation; Sam let himself be drawn in close and his own arms found their way around Amun's back, his eyes slipping shut as they swayed together - even with the trip only seconds ago, he felt calm here. Like he didn't have to be embarrassed.

"Thank you, but I don't think I'll be sharing it with anyone else." He laughed softly, pressing his face into Amun's neck in response to the kiss on his temple. It had been so long since someone had been so affectionate, and each touch or word warmed his heart in a way Sam hadn't thought possible since his Ascension. Their feet moved in a lazy, easy dance now, a slow and steady sway for a precious while until the Bookmaker pulled himself away with a heavy sigh.

One hand came up to cup Amun's face, Sam's smile desperately struggling with his composure to become more gleeful. "I hope...I hope this is the start of something." Maybe it was an odd thing to say, but he'd had so many false starts now, so many loves that had fallen before they'd even really begun.
And fuck you for making me
Think that this life might be fair
SAMUEL
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Content to hold Sam close and just sway to the beat, Amun smiled. He hummed along with the melody for a few notes before the bookmaker spoke. With a laugh, the potter pressed a kiss to the redhead's temple. "While it's a shame the world won't see it, I can't say I mind the idea of having a dance move just for you and me." Amun spread out the fingers of his hands, brushing them against the other man's back.

Then it was back to the dance. When Sam pulled away, the potter let the bookmaker go; Amun's hands slid to come to rest on the redhead's hips. One hand came up to cup the other man's fingers where they rested against the potter's cheek. Giving a little squeeze, he nodded at Sam. "It is."

And with that simple hope in mind, he danced the rest of the evening away.

-FIN
amun

Coding base by Sky!