fancy that
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
we're always running scared but holding knives
"Real jaguars like sandwiches just as much as fake ones do," Isla says, as if she's the authority on the situation (and until Remi gets a jaguar shift, she is, thank you very much). Swinging her legs again and gazing down at her hands, she nods her agreement with Remi. "I don't think you are being rude. I'm hoping that the more we see each other again, as friends, the less difficult it will be." She doesn't expect that to happen, but you never know.

Her request not to talk about the war is followed directly by just that, and Isla raises her eyebrows sceptically up at Remi. "You know I can't do that," she says softly. "Not without knowing what it is. I'd prefer you didn't tell me at all than potentially have me keep secrets from the whole Hollowed Grounds. I'm sorry."
Isla
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
you trace my lines, stirring my soul
'Well, then they should be happy.' Remi agrees, before ruffling his ruined hand roughly through his curls. "I'm never going to not want you, Isla. That's the thing." He says, exhaling with as little disappointment as he can manage. "I'll try, because I would rather be sexually frustrated with you in my life than not speak to you or see you, but I can't lie." Remi adds, almost sadly. "It makes me feel like I'm saying I only think of sex when it comes to you, but it isn't like that, it's just.." Gods we was terrible with words. Huffing, Remi shrugs with defeat. "Just a different sort of closeness, I suppose."

Glancing at her, Remi nods. He wasn't surprised that she had to say no, though perhaps he'd been hoping just a little too naively that she'd somehow still say yes. "No, of course that makes sense." Running his finger across one eye, Remi exhales and nods again.

"Well..should we..plan to see each other again? Or...do we want to give it some time, or..?" Glancing at her and immediately imagining the feel of the wooden boards beneath his hands as he laid her against them to kiss her, Remi looks up into the vines. "Maybe some time would be good."

THE ALCHEMIST

Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
we're always running scared but holding knives
"I know you might think that sounded terrible and really awkward, but honestly... you said it better than I ever could," Isla says gently, smiling up at him. "It is a different sort of closeness. And I will always miss that with you, but I also value being around you more than being in your pants, so... cold showers for you and a stern talking to for me whenever I get ideas?"

She wants to plan to see him again, but fuck, he's right, and Isla has to nod her agreement. "I will send you a letter when I next get a fun shift to use," she says. "And we will come back and explore this jungle a little more. Or another place, if the shift isn't as jaguar...y. But before I go, can you just... think of waterfalls or something? Something distracting."

Turning, she reaches up to wrap her arms around him, hugging him tightly. "I'm glad I ran into you, Remi."
Isla
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
you trace my lines, stirring my soul
"Well if that's the case we might need to start meeting in Halo." He murmurs; how else would he manage the constant stream of cold being around Isla would require? But actually I do need two more threads in Halo, so maybe.

"That sounds good." It didn't, if only because his mind jealously made a point of emphasizing the how of Isla winding up with another shift. The mention of needing to think of waterfalls has Remi caught off guard, such that it will be a pair of confused green eyes that Isla sees before feeling the alchemist's sharp intake of breath. His arms are around her at once, though his hands just ghost awkwardly over her rather than hugging her close.

You are the worst, and you're happily married, and can you just get a hold of yourself for two seconds you incompetent fuck— Remi's mental insults hardly help, but it is distraction enough that he's able to keep a choke-hold on his rationality. Briefly, anyway. Pressing his cheek against hers in lieu of the kiss that would be much more fitting there, Remi inhales a shaky breath that fills his mind with all things Isla, such that he's forced to pull away. Looking frustrated and reckless and a touch a wild, Remi ignores the tightness in his pants in favour of offering Isla as sunny of a smile as he can manage.

'I've missed you, I love you, but gods right now Isla, I just can't.' With an apologetic laugh, Remi lets himself childishly slither off of the bridge, by laying back and shimming himself off like a snake. Not bothering to spread his wings until the mist has fully taken hold of him, the Remedy will hear vague curses and laughter following the Lullaby's disappearance.

~FIN<3

THE ALCHEMIST

Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.