we rise and we fall and we break and we makes our mistakes
Council meeting
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you wouldn't even recognize me anymore
not that you knew me back then
Ah. So her note had made it through. A small smile threatens to burst through the General’s solemn countenance - a temporary flare of brightness in the heavy room - but it feels like too much for the moment so she just nods. “I’m glad Aurelia made it to you.” It had been somewhat of a Hail Mary after she’d been denied a favor the prior year and, well - she’ll have to go visit the Torcher and deliver her thanks in person. Later.  

Wessex gives them all the time they need to process what she’s told them; from Isla and Cal’s reactions alone it seems like it all might border on overwhelming. She wants to grab their hands - all three of them - and apologize and pull them close (perhaps more for her own comfort than theirs) and tell them that it’ll all be okay. Even when they know it won’t be.

“I don’t think they made it. No one responded except for Mabel. I tried to tell them how to respond, in case it was just a technically thing, but never got anything other than static and silence.” So she hadn’t wasted her time looking for them or trying to bring back their bodies. Wesesx’s gaze falls from Isla’s face to the table and she blinks away a sudden harsh, guilty welling of emotion. “The boxes and Mabel’s body are still in the Draig. We carried everything off the skyboat and then it headed back to Stormbreak.”

Cal’s question is important, too, and strategic. “They were trying to get to Caido’s Lighthouse. The hunt for the relics is supposedly to help us get past what’s in the Draig - but the real prize - or something important - is up there.”
but it all comes back to me in the end
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
RE: we rise and we fall and we break and we makes our mistakes - by Wessex - 01-10-2022, 01:57 AM