a bone to pick
Prayer (?) for the Voice
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"Gwaaah!" Adam half-yelled, half-squeaked as he jumped back and into the bookshelf behind him, hands up in a defensive position as if expecting an attack from the sudden hologram. "Holy shit, I was beginning to think you were never gonna talk to me." Once his initial shock was over he leaned forward a little ,squinting as he inspected the Voice - she certainly looked younger than he'd expected.

He knew that he'd chosen this; that was half the problem. He couldn't really be mad at anyone else about it, but Adam had never been good at genuine self reflection.

What could the Voice do about it? He opened his mouth then closed it again without any sound leaving, his arms flopping uselessly by his sides. It wasn't until he'd had a moment to think that he said, quietly: "I just wanna be able to drink and kiss Pet and feel something when I do it. That's like, half the point of living, isn't it? Feeling things? Why'd you take it away? I feel like a fucking ghost." Rubbing his mouth as he looked off to the side, when Adam's eyes met the Voice's, he was sure as he said: "I'd do pretty much anything for the cause or whatever. I'll be honest, I don't care all that much, but give me back some fucking feeling and I'll do whatever New God shit you need."
So collect your courage and collect your horse
And pray you never feel this same kind of remorse
Adam

Messages In This Thread
a bone to pick - by Adam - 01-16-2022, 09:57 PM
RE: a bone to pick - by the VOICE - 01-26-2022, 04:02 PM
RE: a bone to pick - by Adam - 01-27-2022, 03:25 PM
RE: a bone to pick - by the VOICE - 01-31-2022, 03:33 PM
RE: a bone to pick - by Adam - 01-31-2022, 09:38 PM
RE: a bone to pick - by the VOICE - 02-12-2022, 12:33 PM
RE: a bone to pick - by Adam - 02-12-2022, 04:57 PM
RE: a bone to pick - by the VOICE - 02-13-2022, 05:57 PM