(open) I know you're shining on
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
to be lit up from within
vein by vein
With Fangorn content to assist, her attentions could shift briefly to the volley of questions. A look of curiosity passed over her features, instead of the general, haphazard, thunderous possibilities, mainly due to the inquiries. How long had he been here? She’d gather not long – and it was nearly a shame, with so little time before the potential of damnation and hell all over again. “Ludo is a herald to Mort, the God of Death.” Waiting for whatever reaction that managed to stir, her brows furrowed at the next lines. “I don’t have an egg yet. It gave me a quest to prepare.” At least, that’s what she figured she was doing. “What kind of dragons have you seen?”

Though the notions of immortal beasts was intriguing; even if none of them would be of such caliber. “I haven’t heard of many going after any here,” not since that failed attempt at a white dragon in Halo. “There’s supposedly a bunch of them in the Draig,” but no one ever went there – except apparently on murderous missions.
to be the sun
MELITA
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Blackeye
Not the strongest win the battle —
Darkeye started on another page of his notes where he had a place for the gods. He wrote down the names and left more space between them to write more information. "If Mort is the god of death, what is Ludo doing then?" Darkeye felt stupid for knowing so little about this world. And with each person he asked, he felt dumber. "I saw dragons with three or more heads that each could talk and think on his own. Dragons that fought with and against gods and titans. Dragons that exist only out of the element that they can control. If you get the egg maybe the little cub needs something to eat, meat or fish. He needs it warm, I think. And how did you get this quest from Ludo?" Darkeye remembered each of the Dragons, but most of them he killed. Some of them were good but only a small number.

"That I heard too. They must be very strong here. But I heard they stay in the Draig like they protect something." Darkeye held himself back from asking more questions that were in his mind.
— the smartest do
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
to be lit up from within
vein by vein
Perhaps it was wise of this older man to write down all the intricacies of the world; considering the multitude of rules, trials, and tribulations most of them had paved along the way. Time was sorely limited in terms of learning curves and experiences, if the announcement the previous year had been any indication. “It collects the souls of the deceased, and shepherds them to Mort.” Here she smiled, soft and fond for an instant, as she moved to help Fangorn smooth out the makeshift nest, adjusting here and there. “It can be very tricky too, and loves games and toys.” Like starting food fights, or instigating haphazard plays of hide and seek.

But the notion of dragons beyond this world, or even the next, caused her head to snap upwards again – gaze narrowing slightly at the thought of three-headed beasts, creatures that fought the gods, titans that walked the earth. “Oh. That must’ve been awesome!” Because the more dangerous the notion, the more Melita thought it superb. “I have to find it some meat, and then cook it.” Thereafter, she figured it’d be lured? Found?  The unknown proportions of it should’ve given her some trepidation, but it only fostered more of the excitement.

How she’d gotten the quest was very simple. “I asked it. There’s a shrine down at the port,” and she pointed one-soot stained finger in the direction of the sea once more, where ships rested, where sailors accumulated, where the hustle and bustle never seemed to rest.

Then she kept the notions of dragons guarding, protecting, something in the Draig a semblance for the back of her mind; tucked and kept away.
to be the sun
MELITA
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Blackeye
Many pages in Darkeyes book were already filled but he still had problems understanding this world. It was hard for him to learn all things anew. He liked to learn new things but this was different. Always a step behind. And Kor did not answer his prayer. It was time to do something. Darkeye would go to a shrine and pray to Kor there. Looking up from his book he started to talk. "That is a very important duty. And death is something where you can smile. You see all your loved ones again. I think the soul shepherd needs a little fun too."

Darkeye remembered each dragon he fought. And any soul that died as they did so. People that he called friends. People he would love to have back. But this wasn't possible. They waited for him in the next life. Darkeyes face was sad for just a moment. Then he smiled again. "When it is a dragon I don't think you have to cook it. For the pup. Dragons like the smell of blood. At least dragons from my world. It can be different here." Darkeye tried to focus on drawing the gourd.

Darkeye looked where she was pointing. "The shrines, do you need them to talk with the gods? Or can they answer your prayers elsewhere? I will try it myself then. Maybe will I get more answers about what my place in this world is."
— the smartest do
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
to be lit up from within
vein by vein
There was a slight smile etched on her features when Darkeye revealed he had similar views towards Mort – different worlds, different cultures, meshed and merged. Though she’d always been sad she wouldn’t be able to see her sister or mother again, their memories forged onward in the depths of her heart. “Yes,” she answered, a little softer, a little lighter, fingers splayed in the dirt, ash, and soil, beginning to bank the sides. “Though the Voice has taken souls from Mort before,” and her brows furrowed slightly, as if trying to chase down the clattering of thoughts.

But there were discussions of dragons to be had, and so she shrugged. “It’s what Ludo told me to do.” And she’d follow it to the exact specifications, to ensure everything was correct.

Her eyes lifted slightly, back towards the direction of the sea shrine at the inquiry. “It depends. Most go to a shrine. Some are Accepted, like myself, and we can channel them on a rare occasion.” Limitations, and so she usually saved it for something pertinent. “Some shrines are god specific too.”
to be the sun
MELITA
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeyes hand turned into a fist after hearing this. A god that took something that wasn't hers was wrong. There is a rule for everything. But it seemed that the Voice ignored that. Souls were untouchable. This was something where it was not allowed to intervene. So much damage could be done with that. After thinking that, Darkeye realized that he broke his coal in the hand. "If it is okay to ask this, why did she take the souls?" Darkeye tried to sound calm. But it was audible that he was angry.

"Okay when a god says so I will not say that he is wrong." Darkeye shook his hand to get the pain away. He looked at the drawing and was happy to see it. It was not the best work but it was okay.

"Then I will try that soon. What is the right gift to bring to the shrine to talk to this one? Or do I need just to pray? Must I vow something to talk to him or is it okay when I want to him with like a friend? And that shrine down there is it for Ludo or someone else?" Darkeye wanted to talk with the gods and ask them about Kor.
— the smartest do
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
to be lit up from within
vein by vein
“It depends on you ask,” she muttered, continuing to bank the sides, pushing the softer loam against the rocks. She wasn’t striving to inspire ire, but certainly a level of understanding about the world they lived and roamed within. “Apparently those taken wanted to come back.” And they’d known the stipulations behind it – venturing out of Mort’s realm and into hers – never being capable of returning. Was that a choice she would’ve made? Melita couldn’t quite reckon it – but she hadn’t been in such a position. “But then they were pulled into a battle during LongNight, so…” she shrugged her shoulders, wondering if the implication was clear enough. That maybe these people were being used for war too.

Fingers sifting lightly, she settled back from her crouch to gaze over the nest, then raised her gaze back to broken charcoal. “If you want to talk to Ludo, it likes any kind of toys or games. And you don’t have to make any vow or anything.” Not unless he wanted to. “Though be careful with what you want to know or ask – the deities tend not to like anyone wasting their time.” Which could be said of multiple creatures, she supposed. Her nose wrinkled vaguely, pondering over the platitudes and directions of shrines. “The port has Ludo’s,” and then she pointed towards the lighthouse. “In there is Safrin’s,” and then towards the Rainbow Road. “And over by the bright-hued water is Frey’s.”
to be the sun
MELITA
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
These words reminded Darkeye of a well-known enemy in his world. "Even if they want to come back it is not on Voice to take them and bring them back. Death is something important. The soul is so fragile that if you do it wrong, you can do so much damage. I think their souls are doomed now, right? I'm sorry but what is the LongNight?" There was this feeling again. He knew too little. Darkeye was so angry at himself. Was the Voice only a different name for the rat child?

Darkeye wrote down the names and locations of the gods and the shrines. "Can you tell me what Safrin and Frey's domains are? Are these heralds or gods? I will make nice work for Ludo then, maybe a nice chess piece." Darkeye thought for a moment. "I will not waste their time but I think it's time to hear from the gods what they think about the war. Even if they get angry with me. I need to find Kor, my god. And what are their plans for me in this world? These are important questions for me." Darkeye made a short pause. "Do you need some help with the dragon nest? Or do you want to keep the drawing I made?"
— the smartest do
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
to be lit up from within
vein by vein
“They all became Ascended,” and he could take it as he’d liked in those instances. Did that make and mark their souls as doomed? She wouldn’t be the judge and jury on that front – not when she knew so many who couldn’t be shaded in such a complexion. But the upcoming void had a way of chiseling out foundations she didn’t want to yield and glance upon, so her eyes lowered, back to rocks and dust and ash.

LongNight was a mulish subject too – and she couldn’t help grimacing. “It’s the last week in Deepfrost. We can’t call upon the gods. It’s an endless evening. And in the Grounds…,” she paused, breathing out a long, slow sigh. “There are monsters. They were once the Voice’s experiments, and she just let them roam…free, I guess.” And then there were battles and campaigns waged and another somehow slid through the cracks despite best efforts – for half a moment she yielded to clenching her jaw, and then set it back to rights.

Fangorn patted the ground again, and the questions remained unceasing. “Safrin is the herald of Vi, and Frey the herald of Rae.” Her eyes glanced back up, pondering the strength and multitude of his question – though rhetorical, and not meant for her. She knew what her place would be. She’d made that promise long ago, perhaps a bit unwittingly, with no thought to what hung in the distance. “I’m all right on the nest. Can I see the drawing?”
to be the sun
MELITA
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye stroked his beard for a moment. "The first place where I woke up was the Grounds. I meat a few Ascended. Most of them were friendly. No one wanted to do me harm. They tried to help me to understand the world better. Like you do right now. If they are the same then I think they are not doomed. But I have many things to ask Bastien and the others." Darkeye wanted to be truthful. There was no outcome in a lie.

Darkeye saw that facial expression. "No one said things like this to me in the Grounds. I will ask them. You lost someone because of these experiments, right?" Darkeye was silent for a moment. "My deepest sympathy for your loss. Who was it, so that I can pray for him or her? And still, you keep our conversation neutral, you must have much strength in you. Ludo was right to give you the quest for the dragon egg." Did Bastien say nothing because he didn't want to scare him or was there more. He didn't know if Melita lost someone but he was ready to hear it. And if so he wanted to offer her a hug.

It was her quest so sure she said no. But being kind was never wrong. Darkeye wrote it all down. He ripped the drawing out of his notebook and gave it to Melita. "It's yours. I thank you for the good talk. So Vi and Safirn. And Frey and Rae. I think one stands for life and the other for? Can you tell me this too, please?" Darkeye was ready to write it down. "I thank the gods that I got the privilege to meet you and Fangorn. You are a strong woman and I hope that we can talk sometime again." A warm smile was on his face.
— the smartest do
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
to be lit up from within
vein by vein
At least pleasantries remained amidst some of them – just as it had always been. But Melita knew that worlds and figments changed, and sometimes it didn’t matter when one was fighting for their life. Survival meant anything and everything, and without any idea of how this was all going to play out, the youth only had her own experiences to draw back upon. “Many of them are kind.” Which was why the notions of upcoming threads hurt. Her hands flattened and smoothed out proportions of the nest again, absentmindedly, trying to draw some lines that weren’t so tenuous.

“We all lost a lot of people,” Melita murmured in regards to LongNight. Not just her. And the blame could only be pinpointed and segmented on the Voice for all those harsh, barbed fallacies. She shook her head, giving away no names or credences – memorials had long since been established for the fallen, and she hadn’t gone back in some years. They rested, in some proportions, as best they could.

Her eyes lifted again at the drawing, and a softer smile followed. “Thank you. This is very nice.” Permitting Fangorn to see the charcoal outline too, she rolled it away neatly, intending to place it in her bag for safekeeping. “Vi stands for life, yes. Rae are twins – they believe in change and evolution.” So it made sense that Frey had been split into two. His last statement brought out the Cheshire grin again though, and a laugh to follow. “Well, thank you again.”
to be the sun
MELITA
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
"We will see what is going to happen. The coming war of the gods will be a test for all of us. We are going to see what is behind each other's masks." Darkeye looked a bit angry as he said this. When friends turned to enemies. Fathers killing their sons. Did the gods truly understand what they were doing with the war?

"Then I will just pray for you and your loved ones. I don't need the names for that. Only if you say that it is allowed." Melita was a kind person. A person he would like to call a friend. But for that, they needed more time. And Ludo's shrine was close. It was time to talk to a god.

Darkeye started to stand up. "I think it's time for me to go, Melita. I would like to meet you and Fangorn again. And maybe your pup then too. Or the egg. I wish you luck and strength in the coming times. Goodbye Fangorn, it was an honor. And goodbye Melita, it was a privilege to meet you." Darkeye gives a bow to both and picks up his spear. Then he started walking away.
— the smartest do
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
to be lit up from within
vein by vein
Some had already dropped the masks and pretenses – but Melita didn’t say it. Didn’t breathe it. Didn’t unfurl it in the pit of her bones. Instead, she nodded, sweeping over the nest once more, perfecting it for it what it was worth.

And she listened, listened all the while Darkeye tended to his beliefs, wondering how much they’d change in the coming days. How much more would occur. How much more would blend and bend the world she’d come to know and cherish in other ways. “We shall see,” she uttered with a softer smile, about meeting up again. “Thank you!” And she watched him turn to go, walking off, amidst the cliffs once more, and her eyes flickered back to Fangorn, the drawing tucked away in her bag. “That should be enough for now, hm?” With that, the both of them could wander back to the sands too – pressing another weight into future trials.

{FIN}
to be the sun
MELITA