but I always thought I'd see you again
Sam
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
there's an ocean in my body
there's a river in my soul
Sam thought about pointing out that 'I'm sorry' in this context didn't really mean it was his fault, but...he didn't, sensing it really wasn't the right kind of moment. The way that Amun stared ahead, the dullness in his eyes: it was more than a little unsettling.

"I'm sure it doesn't, but I assure you you're here. Next time you need to go anywhere dangerous...I'll come with you, if you'd have me. I know I'm not the most adventurous type, but I do have some skills. Maybe I could help..." He wasn't sure how he would have helped with a cave in, but perhaps he could have at least gotten away and told others, or something like that. Pulling the kettle off the rack and pouring out two cups of tea (a light blend for Longheat, fresh and with a little fruit in it), he sighed at Amun's question.

Sam was not fully up to date on the Order's crimes, but he knew tensions had been growing. "You'd have to ask Wessex for the full details, but I know there's been...altercations. Ascended are moving to the Grounds out of fear of what might happen to them in other places - Halo has announced it is remaining neutral in the war, but Torchline seems like it won't." Coming up to the table and placing down the cups of tea, he sat down himself. "I don't really feel like we're any more ready than we were the last time I saw you, but time still goes on and war seems more and more likely."
if I see a sign in the sky tonight
No one's gonna tell me it's a trick of the light
SAMuEL

Messages In This Thread
but I always thought I'd see you again - by Amun - 01-27-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: but I always thought I'd see you again - by Samuel - 02-01-2022, 06:10 PM