but I always thought I'd see you again
Sam
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
there's an ocean in my body
there's a river in my soul
"I haven't used it once." Sam admitted, shaking his head and tucking a little hair behind his ear. "I knew I received it, but...well, there hasn't been anyone I need to hurt since. It seems unfair to spring it on a random customer." He laughed at the thought, an intense stare and burning mind given to someone just looking for a new novel.

As for things in the Grounds...he rubbed a finger over the rim of the teacup in his hands, lips moving without words for a moment. It was hard to grasp at what exactly it was, but recently there had been an atmosphere in the Grounds that had unsettled him. Tense, waiting for the start of something awful, everyone feeling they had to prepare and run... "A lot of people have left as it's become the...'Ascended place', I suppose. And I just...it's hard to pin it down, but it's just...depressing, here?" Sam laughed, but this time there was no humour there, just the awkwardness of not knowing how to express what he felt. "Like we're just waiting for the other shoe to drop, all the time."

Wessex did always have plans. That observation brought a smirk to Sam's lips, then the question turned it a little shy, a little warm - though immediately he told himself not to think anything of it. Amun had just returned from a nightmarish journey. "No, I'm not. Lonely as ever."
if I see a sign in the sky tonight
No one's gonna tell me it's a trick of the light
SAMuEL

Messages In This Thread
but I always thought I'd see you again - by Amun - 01-27-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: but I always thought I'd see you again - by Samuel - 02-03-2022, 10:08 PM