but I always thought I'd see you again
Sam
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
there's an ocean in my body
there's a river in my soul
"Oh, it would be very dangerous indeed if I decided to use it for bad customers." Sam agreed. Still, Amun probably had a point. "I'll practice it soon. Maybe Nate or Wessex could help; someone who I know I can't hurt too badly."

Amun's positivity was a surprise. Sam had grown very used to pessimism living in the Grounds in the last year, had taken it as a given that they were all slowly marching to their dooms. He realised the smile on his own face was genuine, the laughs real, and shook his head at Amun gently. "You're quite amazing. A whole year away like that and you still want to come back optimistic. It...certainly feels like the world is going to end, but...maybe we do need some more hope." Bastien provided some of it in the Grounds, but he'd never much cared for Sam.

Their eyes met and didn't part, Sam blinking as he tried to work out if the conversation was going the way he thought it would or not. "You're right. There was. And it was...I...heh." Embarrassed, he finally dropped the gaze and with a face that would have been red had he the blood for it, smiled at the bottom of Amun's chair. "I was very much enjoying the time I spent with you. I missed you, while you were gone. But I don't expect anything, not when you've come back from..all that."
if I see a sign in the sky tonight
No one's gonna tell me it's a trick of the light
SAMuEL

Messages In This Thread
but I always thought I'd see you again - by Amun - 01-27-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: but I always thought I'd see you again - by Samuel - 02-03-2022, 10:35 PM