but I always thought I'd see you again
Sam
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
there's an ocean in my body
there's a river in my soul
"Because he's a Demi God. Did that happen after you left?" Sam asked, tilting his head a little as he tried to remember. It felt like it was a long time ago, but with all that happened and changed regularly in the Grounds, his sense of time was admittedly a little muddled. "I assume that makes him stronger than the average Ascended."

Amun spoke like he was an old man, and Sam remembered then something that he'd been told a long time ago by the potter: a life before as a God, immortal or something like that...only to be given the same gift (or curse) again in Caido. "I don't think I've ever asked...how old are you? Actually? You look around the same age as me, so I don't really consider it." Suddenly, he wondered if Amun saw him as young and stupid. If the man had hundreds of years of experience, it wouldn't be a ridiculous impression to have.

The play on his earlier shoe metaphor made Sam grin with a laugh; he'd never had that kind of positive attitude, but he found it fascinating, attractive and bright like the sun. "I...would love that. I really would. What would you like to do?" It had been so long since their time in the Atheneum. He remembered it fondly, though until this day it had been tinged with heartbreak and loneliness.
if I see a sign in the sky tonight
No one's gonna tell me it's a trick of the light
SAMuEL

Messages In This Thread
but I always thought I'd see you again - by Amun - 01-27-2022, 03:35 PM
RE: but I always thought I'd see you again - by Samuel - 02-03-2022, 11:09 PM