Plot Advancing PQ i dream of gardens in the desert sand
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

She's grateful when they finally have room to stand. Maeve doesn't press ahead of Remi, instead sticking to his back, using the shadows to her advantage as she peeks around him. She's only ever seen Remi's companion the once and she doesn't remember it looking like this exactly. It doesn't seem at all interested in harming them. Not that it can see her or Remi. Ronin approaches with the water, pouring it into the clay ups and she makes a soft, satisfied noise. It was what she would have done.

"Do you think it'll hurt us?" Maeve whispers, keeping her voice low enough that only Remi can hear her, not wanting to draw attention to herself.

Maeve stays hidden and asks Remi if he thinks It's dangerous.
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
GHILIO
The creature does not look up as Ronin approaches, nor when he pours water into one of the clay cups. From where its hands are folded onto the table, vines sprout from what might be thought of as palms and the tips of its fingers. Slowly they grow and make tentative searching motions, branching and stretching out towards the cup. Rising over the edge, once they plunge into the water they grow thicker stalks and one of the shoots even blooms into a small white flower that smells vaguely of jasmine.

...m..or.e? The voice wonders, though still the majority of the creature does not move.

You have 24 hours to reply.
Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well.

Your randomly assigned posting order is Remi, Ronin, Maeve
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
the lullaby
The way up and the way down are one in the same
I'm calling an audible late in the game
As Remi's shadows slip away—there doesn't seem to be any immediate need of them—the Lullaby resists the urge to cover Maeve with his wings just the same. In such a small setting there is very little he and Ronin could reasonably do that wouldn't have some sort of ricochet effect, but..."I...do not think so." Remi whispers back to Maeve, despite having no real justification for this other than that the creature looked vaguely like how Oria might, where she about 7ft tall.

What about your flood..thing..? There's a name for it, but Remi has forgotten. Surely Ronin will know which constellation he means. He's seen Ronin drench them and their surroundings enough times. If it is a plant...water it? He suggests. If the thing he's thinking of as a spriggan used its fingers? roots? vines? to drink from Ronin's cup, maybe they could satisfy its thirst with a little flash flooding.

None of them would melt, after all.

Remi suggests that Ronin flood it >.>

Magic: Don't Pick Fights You Can't Win (feat) | Characters/Creatures who have a difference of 30 STR or greater compared to Remi, roll with disadvantage.
Type: Grey | Rank: Basic

Animals know to respect you. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, animals roll with disadvantage against you. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
If love is everything, love is pain
Certain spirits are too bright to be tamed
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
Ronin has also been considering his flood thing, though he's currently smiling at the small flower that blooms in the wake of the cup of water. He nods to the oversized spriggan (?) and backs up a little bit, but not before emptying the rest of the bottle of water into the clay up. "I'm going to use something - it might get your feet wet. Stand back, alright?" he says, keeping his voice low, though it still echoes in the strange cavern.

Inhaling deeply, Ronin brushes his hand across the Aquarius constellation tattoo on his forearm, causing it to light up and race around his wrists as intricate golden shackles. With a sweep of his palm, the constellation washes out and across the room as a cosmic flood, soaking into the parched earth (and, by default, over the creature in the chair), which eagerly drinks it up.

Ronin uses his Aquarius constellation on the surrounding earth, so it can provide water to the creature!

Type: Light | Style: Other | Level: Basic
Shackles of the Water Bearer: Summons the Aquarius Constellation for one post. The constellation is semi-transparent and manifests as a cosmic flood which deals Basic water damage. Exists as a constellation-tattoo when not in use, but manifests in golden shackles when used.

Magic: Dazzle | At times of heightened emotion, Ronin radiates starlight. Any non-organic item he touches during this time will also give off light for a duration of 1 hour. The intensity of the light directly correlates to the intensity of the emotions.
Type: Light | Rank: Basic

Magic: FEAT | Now You! | When Ronin successfully hits a target, the next ally who posts gains advantage on their attack.
Type: Light | Rank: Basic

Citizenship Ability
Animals know to respect you. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, animals roll with disadvantage against you. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
show me your darkness.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

While Remi doesn't shield her with his wings, Maeve doesn't move around him yet, unwilling to press her luck. It's not until the flower begins to bloom as the creature drinks from the clay cup that she finally moves, inching out from behind her demigod shield, trying to get a better look at it. "Safrin, if this is what we were meant to find... Can you help us win it over?" Maeve murmurs the quiet request, calling out silently for her and Ronin's goddess, hoping that she's heard across the stars.

If it wasn't what they were meant to find then perhaps they'd receive some different information, but if it was? Well, a little help convincing it wouldn't hurt either.

Maeve channels Safrin and asks for help winning the creature over if it's what they're meant to find!

Accepted Channeling: Allows an Accepted to channel a deity or lesser spirit during a time of crisis (1x a season)
Type: Light | Rank: Upgraded

Torchline: Torchline has taught you to survive her weather and her terrain. Once per PQ/PQ+/KQ/Drop, you can 'shrug off' half the damage from ONE non-lethal attack. (In order to use this ability, you must put a clear note in the bottom of your post immediately following the attack you want to 'shrug off').

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
every bait and switch was a work of art
A whisper of wind becomes a warm ball of light that gently expands in the (now quite cramped) space, to reveal Safrin. Turning to Maeve first (and completely ignoring Remi), the goddess beams at her, before shifting her gaze to Ronin and offering them both a wink. "Well done you two." She coos proudly. Not you though, Remi.

As Ronin's water floods the ground, Safrin waves her hand that the constellation might become even more vibrant. Running up the creature's body and soaking deep into its bones? branches? the goddess stretches out her arm to place her hand upon its cheek. "Is this where you've been hiding? You know the desert is no good for you Ghilio."

Turning to Maeve, Safrin sighs gently. "This is the Flowerbirth god, Ghilio. The desert has weakened him considerably...you will have to find a way to bring him enough nourishment and moisture for him to be able to leave. Here—" Raising her hands, a pillar of starlight bursts through the roof of the cave-room. On the surface it will act as a well, where any who wish to help might pour water down for the god to drink.

With another smile for Maeve and a wink for Ronin, Safrin disappears.

Safrin has creatures a starlit fountain on the surface where water can be poured to help heal Ghilio, the FB god!
you're the one prize i'd cheat to win

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
GHILIO
The water and Safrin's presence revitalize the god such that it—he—is able to lift his head and peer around the room with dull golden eyes. There is a beard of moss hanging from his chin, and though his body is made entirely of branches and brambles, there are deep lines of age on his face just the same. "You are a young thing, Safrin." He says with a voice that sounds like a knife-blade whittling away at very dry bark. "I'll get it. One of these centuries, I'll get her back." Ghilio grumbles, waving a hand dismissively at the goddess as she disappears.

Turning to look at Maeve, Remi, and Ronin, the god regards them silently with eyes that seem to have to strain to see them clearly. "Who're you? I never said you could come in here." The god barks accusingly. "And what's that all about?" He wonders, pointing at Safrin's make-shift fountain.

You have 24 hours to reply.
Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well.

Your randomly assigned posting order is Remi, Ronin, Maeve
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
the lullaby
The way up and the way down are one in the same
I'm calling an audible late in the game
Resisting the urge to display his annoyance, Remi bites at the inside of his lip and fixes his gaze on the floor as Safrin appears. Quick to pull any part of his body away from Maeve's so that she might not feel his sudden burst of feral anger towards the goddess, the alchemist remains silent and still until Safrin is gone.

Knowing that both Maeve and Ronin were better with words than he was, when the Lullaby does look up, it's towards his husband with an expression of you'd better do the talking. If left to his own devices he'd just say something about the lack of sign claiming these tunnels as belonging to anyone, or fixate too much on the dead plants and not the... well, they still didn't really know what it was.

Remi stays silent so he doesn't make things bad.
If love is everything, love is pain
Certain spirits are too bright to be tamed
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
With his jaw slack at the sight of Safrin in the comparatively small space, to the creature - the Flowerbirth god, Ghilio, he remembers belatedly - coming around and accusing them all of a sudden, Ronin thinks that maybe he shouldn't be the one to do the talking, actually. But it's a little late for that, and he clears his throat and straightens up to try and address the... deity, he supposes.

"We noticed that there were a lot of plants growing in the desert, and we were looking for the source, in case someone needed help," he explains. "And we found you. We brought you water, but Safrin created that well so that others could bring you more, without disturbing you." And then, unable to help himself, a question spills out too. "How did you get to Hak Etme?"

Ronin talks the talk.
show me your darkness.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve doesn't miss the change in Remi's demeanor. The way he pulls away from her and averts his gaze almost like a kicked puppy. She knows that the display is more for their sake than his own, aware that Remi doesn't have any qualms with bad mouthing the goddess on the best of days, but she doesn't comment on this. Instead she takes the praise from Safrin with grace, dipping her head to the goddess as she enters the room, watching quietly as she creates a way to breathe life into this place.

Remi stays silent and Ronin talks. He's not the only one who has a way with words. Maeve clears her own throat, taking a small step forward and bowing her head in respect, "We only want to help you. While this place is quiet, secluded, and truly perfect for resting... There are better places for you to thrive. It would be an honor to get you somewhere better. Greener." She explains, offering an almost tentative smile towards Ghilio.

"After seeing what you created here I can only imagine what you'd do somewhere else."

Maeve talks the talk too!

Change author:
GHILIO
Ghilio's gaze flutters unsteadily before landing on Ronin, as if he were having trouble identifying who was speaking. "The source?" He repeats, seemingly confused, before shaking his head slightly. "Tunneled." The god replies with a shrug of his branchy shoulders. "Can get pretty far with tunnel'n. Wanted this place to be like it was b'fore, but..." Waving hits hands to indicate it was hopeless, Ghilio turns to Maeve.

"I only created dust here." He snaps. "It all died." Like some cantankerous old man in need of a nap, the god leans back in his chair with a dry hrrrpm. "Won't be goin' nowhere if I can't go on my own." With a glance towards Safrin's fountain, Ghilio sniffs. "Maybe once that thing is goin'. "

Interlacing his fingers back on the table and resuming the position he'd been in when they'd approached, Ghilio sighs. 'Go on an' take a cup. But then scram.'

Congratulations! You've found Ghilio the FB god and completed the PQ+

He requires a LOT of water to be able to leave Hak Etme though. Spread the word! For your efforts, you have also each received:

Spring Water | Held in a clay cup that cannot spill, this water can fully restore the HP of anyone/anything who drinks from it and removes any status effects they might have. One use.