Plot Advancing PQ i dream of gardens in the desert sand

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RANDOM EVENT
Out of the corner of Ronin's eye, he'll spy a very shiny and massive mechanical bird that he'll recognize immediately. Nate is too far and Ray too small, but Wessex? She gleams in the sun.

As for the rest of you? Above the ground as you are the landsharks haven't taken notice of you, but that doesn't mean they won't. The herd of camels has fucked off, valuing their lives, though a few of the less intelligent (or perhaps just more emboldened) predators are lurking about to see what might happen.

You have 24 hours to reply.
Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well.

Your randomly assigned posting order is Remi, Ronin, Locke, Maeve
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
the lullaby
The way up and the way down are one in the same
I'm calling an audible late in the game
Shifting in midair such that only his wings remained when he was done, Remi rubbed his ruined hand across his eyes as if that might help him refocus. "Too small to be from landsharks." He says thoughtfully before glancing towards Maeve and nodding. "I do think it is someone doing this, so probably no fire for now." Remi adds, having slid his gaze towards Ronin with a smirk.

"I can go in as a wraith and Locke you can fly behind if you want." That would leave Ronin and Maeve to keep an eye on things above ground, which seemed reasonable enough. What Remi really wanted to do was just stalk in there on his own, fully as himself. All this talking and negotiating and teamwork really wasn't his style, but in an effort to try and do and be better, he really was trying. So rather than just shifting and heading in, Remi instead glances at the others with his eyebrows raised for their input.

Remi suggests he go in the tunnels as a wraith, with bird Locke .
If love is everything, love is pain
Certain spirits are too bright to be tamed
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
there exists a tipping point between gods and monsters
Remi is trying to do better, and really that should mean that Ronin is on his best behaviour as well, to set an example. Unfortunately, on his scan around the skies, he spots something at, at first, he's certain must be a mirage. Only it fucking isn't, and as his neck curls around to get a proper look, he recognises Wessex's giant metal fuckery.

Wessex who had dropped Cian's severed head into the Pacifist Plaza, a place renowned for peace.

Who (and this is a selfish one, but forgive him) made it all the more likely that he'd have to step into a leadership role again sooner rather than later.

Through the Attuned bond comes a thought like molten lava. We are being followed by Ascended.

And then Ronin banks around (sorry Maeve!) and lets out an ear-splitting roar. Maybe it's intimidation, maybe it's a warning. Either way, the holes are forgotten, and he's ready to fight.

Ronin goes batshit and roars at Wessex, prepping for a fight.
ronin
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve glances over towards Remi as he shifts to his human form, offering him a small smile, "Alright. A someone. We'll try not to get into any fights right off the bat." She calls out over the wind, but suddenly Ronin is banking hard and Maeve does everything she can to stay on his back. She isn't privy to his thoughts or the sudden rush of visceral emotion that comes through the Attuned bond.

He roars. The sound earsplitting as she presses herself flat against his back, scanning the area around them in an attempt to see what he does.

Maeve tries to hang on and looks for what upset Ronin!
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
RANDOM EVENT
Well, that's Ronin and Maeve gone. They'll arrive to find a mechanical Wessex, a multi-armed Nate, and a shanyang-Ray all attacking a landshark.

Remi and Locke, are we still going to play in the tunnels, or...?

Going to make this into a new thread. Stand by!

Change author:
RANDOM EVENT
Like a flash in a frying pan there's heat, there's flame, and then there's nothing at all. With the ascended gone, now it's just Team Desert and a landshark. Speaking of...

Lunging from the sands the landshark aims a bit at Ronin 's starry underbelly. Twisting and snapping its tail as if that might give it speed in the air as it does beneath the ground, the beast's jaws close around nothing at all. Remi hasn't returned back to the Huntsman yet, and Locke and Maeve are certainly too far away to be of help. Oh no Ronin, that mean's it's just up to you. What ever will you do.

Everyone has decided to stay in the PQ+, so on we go.

Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well.

Your randomly assigned posting order is Remi, Ronin, Locke, Maeve
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
the lullaby
It's on his way back that Remi sees Wessex and Nate disappear. Unable to hear what it is they've said, instead he turns his head over this shoulder and places the fingers of his good hand into his mouth. Whistling sharply and hopefully catching Maeve and Locke 's attention, the Lullaby will fly back towards them. "Well that was...anticlimactic." He chuckles, grinning at Maeve before turning a questioning stare to Locke. "If..you do not want to stay..." Remi shrugs. He'd felt the sharp pang of annoyance from the other man, and though what had caused it he didn't know—the landshark? having to leave? Remi carrying Maeve? Wessex and Nate?—he'd give Locke an out just the same.

"I'll fly you. At least until Ronin deals with the landshark." He offers to Maeve, extending his arms to her. "I would shift, if you stay." Remi adds to Locke.

Remi whistles for Locke and Maeve to stop, and offers to carrying Maeve back  so she's safe from the landshark.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
It is anticlimactic, and Ronin will deal with the consequences of whatever the fuck has just happened later. Still, as the landshark snaps at him and he finds himself with a new target, the Huntsman takes little time to decide. "Sorry," he mutters to the creature that, in fairness, is just following its instincts. But they've got stuff to do.

Three starbolts materialise around Ronin, and he directs them down at the landshark without prejudice. He'd like to wrap himself around Remi and go to bed go back to the group, but until this threat is dealt with, he tries to keep himself front and centre of the shark's attention.

Ronin yeets three starbolts at the landshark and stays in its view for now so it doesn't go after the others.

Magic: Shooting Stars | The user may summon celestial energy as a projectile. Control is excellent, and multiple projectiles may be created at once. (In quests or other combat situations requiring dice rolling, only 3 stars may be created per post).
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered

Magic: FEAT | Now You! | When Ronin successfully hits a target, the next ally who posts gains advantage on their attack.
Type: Light | Rank: Basic

Citizenship Ability
Animals know to respect you. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, animals roll with disadvantage against you. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
show me your darkness.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

It's nothing for Remi to scoop her back into his arms and she doesn't protest when he does just that, lifting her feet from the sand and keeping her out of harms way once more. "Thank you. I'd much prefer this than being on the ground." Maeve hums with something like a laugh following her words, looping an arm around his neck to steady herself, but it's not trouble. Even with the extra things she's carrying on behalf of Ronin. "I'm afraid I won't be much help like this, though."

Her jade eyes shift towards Ronin, watching him throw out a few starbolts at the poor creature who really should have picked a different fight, wincing slightly as a twinge of pity courses through her.

Maeve holds onto Remi as he carries her back towards Ronin and waits to see if there is any way she might be able to help.

Change author:
RANDOM EVENT
Okay, now Ronin, don't be mad but...you missed, bruh. The landshark misses as well, meaning there's a moment of flashing white teeth and exploding starbolts onto the sand, but when the dust clears almost nothing has changed.

Luckily it absolutely keeps the creature's attention such that it isn't even worried about Maeve or Remi, or Locke as he leaves.

Locke has left the PQ+. He may not use it for levelling.

Your randomly assigned posting order is Remi, Ronin, Maeve
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
"Wessex dropped Cian's head in the middle of the Pacific Plaza. A place that is meant to be free of violence." He explains quickly now that the other demigods are gone. Shrugging slightly and adjusting his grip on Maeve that he might free one hand, he offers her a quick and apologetic smile. "With them gone...hopefully things calm down." If nothing else though, there was hardly any safer place Maeve could be than in Remi's arms, regardless of what might befall them.

Feeling Maeve's emotions quite clearly, the alchemist can't help but chuckle under his breath, though quickly his smile fades as he sees the Landshark still flailing below. "Ronin is not going to like that." He murmurs, before extending his free hand to shoot a trio of starbolts down toward the sand as well.

Remi holds onto Maeve and shoots starbolts at the Landshark as well!

Magic: Copycat | Remi can mimic the abilities from two fellow demigods (Old Gods only). In order to mimic the ability, Remi must have been damaged by it in a thread previously. Only one ability may be used per thread.
Type: Grey | Rank: Upgraded

Magic: Shooting Stars | The user may summon celestial energy as a projectile. Control is excellent, and multiple projectiles may be created at once. (In quests or other combat situations requiring dice rolling, only 3 stars may be created per post).

Magic: Don't Pick Fights You Can't Win (feat) | Characters/Creatures who have a difference of 30 STR or greater compared to Remi, roll with disadvantage.
Type: Grey | Rank: Basic

Animals know to respect you. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, animals roll with disadvantage against you. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
Remi is right, and Ronin does not like that. He doesn't say anything, but his fury broils down their Attuned bond, the Huntsman's jaw feathering in his indignance. Apparently working his ass off to become more agile means nothing even when trying to hit a target as big as a fucking landshark. And as he spots Remi's lightshow out of the corner of his eye, he can't help but groan. Aw, come on, he grumbles, just knowing that his husband's starbolts will likely hit where his have failed.

Regardless, though, he does conjure three more, flinging them down at the shark in the hope that they can end this, that they can simply obliterate it and move on with their lives. Which apparently will lead them down a spooky hole in the desert. So be it.

Magic: FEAT | Now You! | When Ronin successfully hits a target, the next ally who posts gains advantage on their attack.
Type: Light | Rank: Basic

Citizenship Ability
show me your darkness.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve can only hope that he's right. She's incredibly I'll equipped in comparison to her travel companions, but it's not too large of a concern considering just who she's with. While Ronin might be struggling to hit his mark, Remi is there to back his husband up without fail, and Maeve? Well, she just gets to sit and look pretty it seems. This isn't the most suitable position for using her whip or her bow. The Nightshade watches the light show below, almost having to turn away from the brightness of it, light glaring across the sand.

"I believe in you, Ronin!" She calls out in encouragement, having to bite back a laugh despit herself, shifting slightly in Remi's arms so he might have an easier time shooting off his own bolts.

Maeve looks pretty and offers encouragements!

Change author:
RANDOM EVENT
Wrong, Ronin. It's you that hits, not Remi. Maeve looks pretty, and the landshark lunges up at the Huntsman once more, but predictably misses.

This really is the most anticlimactic few rounds, huh? Can someone just finish this thing off, please?

Landshark: 68/300