Plot Advancing PQ i dream of gardens in the desert sand
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
the lullaby
The way up and the way down are one in the same
I'm calling an audible late in the game
'I also believe in you Ronin!' Remi mimics with a grin. Considering he hadn't been able to hit the creature either, perhaps it was best to just let the Huntsman finish what he'd started.

"If we go into those tunnels I won't be able to shift. But I can create protective shadows for you and I, if we need them." The alchemist says to Maeve as he flies them back toward the large holes that they'd been investigating before they'd been interrupted. "And Ronin can heal of course." He adds, shrugging against the queen. "Worse case I can dream us away if things get too bad. Which...I suppose is my way of saying that I won't let anything happen to you." It feels uncomfortable for Remi to say as much, and though he can't quite pinpoint why that is right now, it feels important to let Maeve know that no matter the odds, he'll see her out of this alive.

Remi leaves the landshark to Ronin and flies with Maeve back to the holes they were going to go in.
If love is everything, love is pain
Certain spirits are too bright to be tamed
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
"Thanks, you two," Ronin calls back, wanting to roll his eyes at the encouragement but finding himself unable to in the circumstances. Hey, perhaps that's what he needs to finally put this landshark nightmare to bed. Three more bolts light up the sky, Ronin flinging them down at the shark in the hope that it will be enough to end things.

Go on without me, Ronin advises Remi, unable to take his attention away from what's happening just now (and thus not realising that his husband is already doing just that). I'll catch up once I've finished things off here. And hopefully it won't take a thousand years to do just that. Here's looking at you, dice.

A rinse and repeat for Rony Pony!

Magic: Shooting Stars | The user may summon celestial energy as a projectile. Control is excellent, and multiple projectiles may be created at once. (In quests or other combat situations requiring dice rolling, only 3 stars may be created per post).
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered

Magic: FEAT | Now You! | When Ronin successfully hits a target, the next ally who posts gains advantage on their attack.
Type: Light | Rank: Basic

Citizenship Ability
Animals know to respect you. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, animals roll with disadvantage against you. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
show me your darkness.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

It's a reassurance that she needed. While the Nightshade never doubted for a moment that Remi and Ronin would keep her safe, it's still nice to hear. She lets out a soft breath, dropping her head against his shoulder in a show of affection and Remi will easily feel the pulse of gratitude that ripples through her emotions, "I know you won't, Remi. You never have." That much was true. In all of their escapades, no matter how few there were, Remi always kept her safe.

Once they return to the holes they abandoned before, Maeve slips from Remi's arms, intent on looking inside once he's ready to proceed.

Maeve let's Remi carry her until they're close enough that she can walk to look inside the tunnels.
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RANDOM EVENT
Well, that was relatively painless (except for the landshark). The smell of charred fish fills the air, drawing the attention of the vultures and other carrion-critters. You gonna keep picking this fight Ronin, or let the coyotes and such have at it?

As for Maeve and Remi, they'll be back at the entrance to what look like various tunnels. Each is large enough for you to fit through...on your hands and knees.

You have 24 hours to reply.
Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well.

Your randomly assigned posting order is Remi, Ronin, Maeve

Landshark: 0/300 (Killed by Ronin for levelling purposes).
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
the lullaby
Turning his head at the sound of an exploding landshark, Remi grins to himself. Not worried about the sudden detour of small predators that head toward Ronin and his kill, Remi turns back to the holes and twitches his lips thoughtfully from side to side.

'My smallest shift is not really good for walking." He murmurs, thinking of being a hawk. "I can go first, just in case." Safety was his primary motivation for suggesting he go before Maeve, but that didn't mean there weren't other motives. Gay and happily married or not, there was something that felt deeply improper about trailing behind Maeve with her ass directly in front of his face.

Ronin, we're crawling headfirst into the dark and ominous holes. Remi calls out silently, his mental voice punctuated with a boyish thrill. Taking a breath, Remi summons the ghostly apparition of his former raccoon shift. Darting into the darkness the creature doesn't provide illumination so much as it hopefully deters anything they might encounter from attacking.

Remi sends his ghost-raccoon shift ahead of he and Maeve and offers to go in first.

Magic: Ghost Shape | Can summon the ghostly echoes of his former shifts (lion, raccoon, octopus), non-mythical creatures in his current biome, and a manticore. These will last for 3 post per thread, cause fear and cold damage; the manticore ghost can also cause poison damage.
Type: Dark | Rank: Mastered

Magic: Don't Pick Fights You Can't Win (feat) | Characters/Creatures who have a difference of 30 STR or greater compared to Remi, roll with disadvantage.
Type: Grey | Rank: Basic

Animals know to respect you. During PQ/PQ+/KQs/Drops, animals roll with disadvantage against you. (In order to use this, make sure to note the ability at the bottom of each post)
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
Ronin has absolutely no intention of picking this fight further, and with a beat of draconic wings he speeds in the direction of the dark and ominous holes that Remi's talking about. That sounds like a decent date, he sends back, though of course it's a little different with Maeve tagging along for the ride. Landing just in time to see the ghost racoon clamber away into one of the tunnels, he grins between them and folds his wings away.

"If you go first then I'm going to have to crawl behind both you and Maeve, and I just want to point out how unfair that is." Raising his eyebrows at them, the Huntsman seems, at least, to be a great deal calmer than when he had rounded on Wessex. "Sorry," he says to the Nightshade, if not somewhat belatedly. "I'm in this for the long haul now, promise."

Ronin comes to join Maeve and Remi and puts himself at the back of their little trio.

Magic: FEAT | Now You! | When Ronin successfully hits a target, the next ally who posts gains advantage on their attack.

Citizenship Ability
show me your darkness.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Her nose wrinkles as she stoops down slightly to peer into the tunnel that extends before them, seeing very little in the darkness that fills the space, but she squints a little harder to try. Maeve straightens once more, turning to look towards Remi with a small smile, "If you insist." She knows that the ultimate reason for his choice is to be the first one who runs into any danger, but she can't help teasing him a little for his choice. "Not many people pass up the opprotunity to look at my ass, but you've always been a little different." Maeve quips, giving his shoulder a little bump before he's shifting to enter the tunnel behind his ghostly companion.

Maeve turns her attention to Ronin as he arrives, "How is that unfair? Is it because you don't get to stare at Remi's ass and I do?" She wrinkles her nose at him, flashing a smile at his apology, waving a hand in dismissal. "It's alright. Just don't go running off." Maeve hums, dropping down onto her hands and knees behind Remi to start crawling forward into the tunnel. She had thought about what it would be like to be sandwiched between Remi and Ronin, but this wasn't how she thought it would go.

Maeve teases the boys and crawls into the tunnel!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
RANDOM EVENT
Listen, so long as no one makes human centipede jokes, you can all carry on.

Ghost raccoon, Lullaby, Nightshade, Huntsman. Honestly, it's a pretty cool lineup, or would be, if you weren't all shuffling about on your hands and knees descending into the bowels of the desert. Whether it's luck, Remi's raccoon, or the lingering scent of fishy-death clinging to Ronin, you make it at least 30meters down without much trouble. Though the tunnel you're in doesn't grow any wider, the going gets easier if only because there are suddenly plants sprouting beneath you that help cushion your knees.

This should seem odd, but given your reasons for being here, it...probably isn't.

Ahead there are two paths. One with dead plants, one with vibrant ones.

Which way?

Remember to include a summary at the bottom of your post with all action taken. If weapons/upgrades/abilities/items/shifts/etc are used, please include their desc. from your profile at the bottom of your post as well.

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
Despite the situation, Remi can't help but grin. "You both have seen enough of my ass to know it is nothing special." He calls over one shoulder, padding forward as best he can and trying very hard not to think about whether Maeve or Ronin really are looking at his ass as he goes. Given that Maeve can't see in the dark though, he thinks he's at least safe on that account. "Actually, Ronin, why don't you think about the beaches of Northaven." Remi adds, somewhat cripitcally. It's their code for Safrin-things, but it's also a memory that he thinks will have Ronin glowing enough to let the Nightshade see where they're going.

"Oh, there's two ways we can go." Remi calls, because of course there is. "One way that has lots of dead plants, or one way with lots of living ones."

Remi uses his INT 2 to tell him which way to go and suggests that Ronin dazzles to provide some light.

Magic: Ghost Shape | Can summon the ghostly echoes of his former shifts (lion, raccoon, octopus), non-mythical creatures in his current biome, and a manticore. These will last for 3 post per thread, cause fear and cold damage; the manticore ghost can also cause poison damage.

Magic: Don't Pick Fights You Can't Win (feat) | Characters/Creatures who have a difference of 30 STR or greater compared to Remi, roll with disadvantage.

Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
"Listen, if I angle myself just right I'll be able to see both your asses," Ronin informs Maeve with a grin, and as he crawls into the tunnel after him, he does just that. Thank fuck none of them are claustrophobic, he supposes. "I completely disagree," he calls out to Remi - his ass is absolutely something special, and he should be the expert on it by now, he thinks.

Still, even the suggestion that he think of the beaches of Northaven is enough to have him glowing, the Huntsman grinning to himself as they halt before the two tunnels. "I'd rather think of other things, but that'll do," he mumbles; his dazzle will coat the tunnels in starlight, at least, making it easier for the Nightshade to see. "I'd say following the living ones is probably a good idea?"

Ronin makes stupid quips, engages his Dazzle, and suggests they follow the living plants.

Magic: Dazzle | At times of heightened emotion, Ronin radiates starlight. Any non-organic item he touches during this time will also give off light for a duration of 1 hour. The intensity of the light directly correlates to the intensity of the emotions.

Citizenship Ability
show me your darkness.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

"What a lucky man you are. Just as lucky as I am sandwiched between you two." The Nightshade quips right back, grinning as she shuffles forward, eyes squinting in the darkness. Thankfully that doesn't last for long as Ronin's dazzle lights up the tunnel, casting shadows and starlight in tandem, making the way that much clearer for her. Jade is eyes examine the plant life beneath them, easily agreeing with the men, "Definitely follow the living plants." If their original hypothesis was correct this would hopefully lead them to the who that was causing the phenomenon in the first place.

Maeve shifts towards the appropriate tunnel, continuing on behind Remi and absolutely ogling his ass on the way. It was there, she was going to look while she had the chance because at the end of the day Remi was still attractive and she still had eyes.

Maeve agrees with the boys and ogles Remi's ass.

Change author:
RANDOM EVENT
Down the living plant path we go.

Ronin's dazzle helps the trio to see the flora that have been forced into life all around them. Exotic plants thrust out of the soil, and it doesn't take any sort of botanist to know that these are not conditions that are going to allow these plants to continue to live for very long. For one thing, many of these appear tropical. Without sunlight, it's a wonder that they've been able to grow at all.

Bioluminescent moss begins to coat the tunnel, rendering Ronin's dazzle redundant. (But you keep shining, star-boy). Eventually the tunnel widens to the size of a small room. Roots and stones litter the ground as well as a good amount of dead leaves and bark. Too bad Remi left his companion at home, lest she be able to shine some light on what it was they were seeing evidence of. Scraps of paper, sticks of charcoal, and mugs made out of clay sit on a table whose construction is precarious at best. There are two chairs at said table, upon one of which is seated a creature that looks as if someone tried to breathe life into a leaf pile at the end of autumn. Twigs and mulch make up a torso and head that seemed to be bound together by a swirl of faint green mist.

so...thirsty...

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
'I hate you both.' Remi calls cheerfully over his shoulder. Reaching inside of himself to see if just maybe he had a new shift that would allow him to scuttle off but finding just his normal tricks, it's with a sigh that he continues on.

"Mateo would love this." The alchemist says of the sudden influx of plants, before coming to an abrupt halt as the room comes into view. "There is something ahead. I will shield you, Maeve, until we know what it is." So saying the shadows around them begin to sweep towards Remi and Maeve, drawing up and over them in a protective dome.

Emerging into the room slowly and as unaggressively as he could, Remi blinks in an effort to get his bearings. Honestly, he hadn't noticed the creature at first given how well it seemed to resemble everything else in the room. Ronin...I think it's a...Spriggan. Remi thinks silently, keeping his back pressed against the dirt wall of the room.

Casts shadow veil over himself and Maeve

Magic: Shadow Veil | Shadows sweep together around Remi and one another. Their bodies are shrouded in shadow protecting them from attacks for one round. The veil follows Remi as he moves. Lasts for 1 post, requires a 2-post cooldown.

Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
"No you don't," Ronin trills back, grinning and following down the tunnel, where the living plants quite promptly become overwhelming. Mateo really would love this, and though he no longer needs to keep dazzling, it's difficult to stop once he gets started, and thoughts of his son only serve to keep lighting the place up. It means that Maeve and Remi will have plenty of shadows to hide in (beyond those created by magical means), but it does leave the Huntsman regrettably in plain view. No matter - he kind of prefers it that way.

So when the tunnel opens out and they're greeted with the strange little room, he finds himself straightening up, seemingly alone in the space. He does see the creature, though, and he can't put his finger on the strange familiarity he feels, not until Remi speaks into his mind. It looks like one, doesn't it, he agrees silently. It... it's thirsty...

Clearing his throat as if to announce his presence, Ronin bends and reaches for his pack (thanks, Maeve), drawing out the bottles of water. "Do you need a drink...? Here." It's on very careful footsteps that Ronin approaches the table, uncapping a bottle to tip some water into one of the clay mugs.

Ronin gets the bottles of water from his pack (mentioned in his first post) and pours a drink for the 'spriggan'.

Magic: Dazzle | At times of heightened emotion, Ronin radiates starlight. Any non-organic item he touches during this time will also give off light for a duration of 1 hour. The intensity of the light directly correlates to the intensity of the emotions.

Citizenship Ability
show me your darkness.