Training [se] we like our fun and we never fight
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
Melita dodged Amun's kick. Grunting, he got his feet under him again, but in that time the redheaded girl managed to actually get behind him. He immediately started turning, which was maybe why, instead of hitting his spine, her fist slammed into his back just besides it. The impact caused him to flail forwards.

Leaning forward made it difficult to complete his turn. Growling, he changed tactics; instead of completing the turn, he jerked himself backwards with as much force as he could muster. Slamming his head back, he aimed for her own head, but failing that, any part of her he could hit.
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Melita
they should have checked the ashes
of the women they burned alive
Amun’s emitted growl might have conjured some semblance of satisfaction, but the girl was never one to rest on her laurels (well, most of the time). The action at least had him crumbling forward, giving her an opportunity to continue in her movements, rather than stand stock still like an imbecile.

Which was a good thing, because the force and impact his actions would’ve mustered had the makings of a concussion. Just narrowly evading the slam, she could feel the press of wind along her shoulder, Melita scooted to the right. Still in close quarters, she attempted to kick out towards his legs. Perhaps she’d made contact and he’d go stumbling down into the sand. Maybe she’d hit air instead.
because it takes a single wild ember
to bring a whole wildfire to life
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
for it is infinite.
Well, it would've been a great attack had it connected. Unfortunately, Amun's head didn't hit anything. He used the few seconds that his reckless strike had bought him to try to turn towards Melita. He only got part of the way towards her, though, when her kick slammed into his leg. He stumbled away from her, barely avoiding toppling over.

Though he was still off balance and not exactly in a good position to counterattack, he did his best to complete his rotation towards the redheaded girl. As he did, he swung his left fist with as much force as he could muster, using what little momentum he'd built up from his spin to add his attack's force. His target was her right shoulder, though he'd take what he could get.
AMUN
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Melita
With some measure of disappointment from the spitfire youth, Amun didn’t go faceplanting into the sand. He stumbled and bumbled, but remained upright, which caused a flash of a grin on her end. It could’ve been from amusement, goading, or anything reeling around her mercurial, emotional zeal – not bothering to reflect on the particulars.

Instead, she had to focus on his next bout of attacks. Striving to dodge backwards as his fist came flying, she wasn’t fast enough this time, and with a grimace, a clenching of her jaw, his strength came rampaging along her right arm. Enough for a biting, then numbing collective in her senses, an insistent shake of her limb to make the sudden leashing of pain cease.

It didn’t, but Melita remained an unrelenting force, attempting to use her feet again, kicking towards knees this time.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun didn't grin back at Melita, though he did give her a nod. However, his eyes were focused on her core, looking for any sign of her next attack. Even with that, though her strike came as a surprise: her kick headed straight for his knee and though he threw himself to one side he couldn't avoid it.

All his attempt did was make him off balance. So when her blow landed, his knee buckled and he toppled sideways. Slamming into the ground, he rolled away from her as quickly as he could. While he did so, he did his best to keep an eye out for another attack from the redheaded girl. It was tough, obviously, given his position, but maybe he could scramble out of the way of something.
AMUN
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
She didn’t manage to cover the light laughter invoked as he fell and rolled away. Something akin to a brutal satisfaction curled its way along her features, feral aspects woven through her eyes. There were a few moments of consideration then – if she was to be so cruel, so wicked, so treacherous, as to launch another assault when her adversary was down. It would be simple, easy, to do. She’d done it before. Choices that made monsters and mayhem, sewn bedlam and destruction.

But the honeybee stepped aside and away, granting and giving the Ascended space to regain his footing. “That seems like enough for today,” she offered, absentmindedly rubbing at her sore arm. No other maneuver was made – not a day for crossing lines and boundaries. Not when there was still time left.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
When it was clear no further attack was coming, Amun finished rolling, ending up on his back. He flopped on the ground, staring up at the sky for a moment. As Melita spoke, his head lolled towards her and he grinned. "Taking pity on me?" He sat up with a groan, rubbing at his legs, arms, and chest, everywhere she'd managed to score a hit.

Shifting his weight, he managed to struggle into an upright position. Shaking out his limbs and rolling his head, he let out a chuckle. "Guess I was more rusty than I thought. Good thing I found out with you and not in a fight for my life."
AMUN
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
“For now,” she hummed, light and breezy, despite the notions collected in her mind. The Cheshire grin remained, though slightly less feral, as if the dangerous semblances had passed, on for another time and another place.

But his last words had a lingering effect, and she shook her head to clear them out. How much longer would it be until the world would find it just like that – fighting for their lives, for their brethren, for their homes, and for everything else lacquered in between? She offered her hand to help him up, knowing, understanding, they both needed a break from the callous wakes of brimming horizons. “Come on then. We can go snag some food from the market.” And there could be better instances, seconds, and snippets, before.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Snorting, Amun shook his head at Melita's response. Grinning up at her, he waggled his eyebrows. "I'll take whatever attention I can get, I suppose." He initiated a scan now that the sparring was over to see if anything had been seriously damage during their bout.

He did accept the help in rising. Once he released her hand, though, he still swayed on his feet a bit. However, his scan reported he was fine so he did his best to ignore the lingering weakness.

Nodding at her suggestion, he couldn't help but laugh a bit. "Maybe you can. But I don't mind keeping you company. It's the least I can do since you beat me up." Coming to stand beside her, he gestured for her to lead the way. Zhanshi flew from where he'd been lurking underground up to do his own inspection of the potter and the Ascended stroked the landshark's side to reassure the companion.
AMUN
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
The youth watched him for a moment, doing her own silent assessment. When nothing seemed to be lingering, as far as wounded proportions, she sauntered onward, releasing his hand and shrugging her shoulders. “More for me then,” she hummed, unbothered by the notions – but she’d take the company, landshark or not. “Thank you for the spar though,” she mentioned off-handedly, because it had been a brush up of skills, if not the best of reunions.

Then they could saunter back towards the market, out of sand and lurking notions, thoughts, and feelings of impending warfare. Instances that could be taken for what they were worth, which were infinitely more valuable than the storms brimming and brewing on the horizon.

{FIN}