and it sounds just like a song
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
full moon rising on the waters of my soul
Amun smiled at Lena's explanation. Gesturing around at the clearing filled with couples of all kinds, he leaned towards her. "And where do we fit into all that? People, I mean." He let out a bark of laughter. "I know, I know, I'm keeping it light on our first date. You don't have to answer, I was just curious." Smiling, he winked at her.

Pausing, he tilted his head to one side and looked off to a point past her shoulder. "The oceans of Torchline in the middle of the night, looking clear as day, with all the fantastical creatures that only come out when everything else sleeps. The mysteries and wonders hidden in the caves in the depths of Halo and the Climb." Grinning, his eyes slid back to meet her gaze. "How much time have you spent outside Stormbreak?"

Nodding at her response, his grin widened as he saw her interacting with Zhanshi. The landshark snatched the treats from her palm before diving underground to gobble them up. "There was a feeding frenzy. Unfortunately, when the rest of the landsharks departed, they left him behind. Then we bonded." The potter glanced at the small mound his companion made and snorted. "I don't know what I'd do without him, honestly." Chuckling, the Ascended shrugged one shoulder.

"Thank you." Groaning, he leaned back in his chair. "You are, but you have to know I am dying from curiosity." Waggling his eyebrows, he smirked. "But fine. Any past dalliances of note?"
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Lena
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
A light laugh followed his question, but she kept the notions aloft too, not running deeper into rivulets and chasms. “I suppose it depends on how you see yourself.” Predator. Prey. Necessary. Survivalist. They all intertwined and intersected somewhere; through actions, through rebellion, through twist and turns.

As far as the beauties of the world, her smile grew deeper, while she fished around in her basket for another treat to entice Zhanshi on his way back through earth. “Those sound lovely.” Allowing her imagination to run wild, instead of dreaming around those midnight curlicues in books and pictures – she could envision evening across seas, with rippling undulations and wild currents, with merpeople underneath, tending to their city. The Climb, hollowed and hallowed. “Not as much as I would like. I’m usually quite busy.”

As for the landshark’s fate, it seemed the companion had done quite well for himself. “Maybe he feels the same,” and she grinned again, not falling for the second attempt. “Hm. Perhaps. But I wouldn’t tell anyway.”
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Fair enough," Amun replied to Lena's statement with a laugh. Below, Zhanshi paused in his feasting to stick his head out of the sand and stare at the latest treat the Caretaker was looking for. He retreated down below to finish gobbling up the first tidbit and to wait for an opportune time to snatch another.

Smiling, the potter shook his head. "You spoil him." However, his grin didn't diminish in the slightest.

Nodding at her comment about being too busy to travel, he hummed a low note. "In a way, I suppose it's like the wonders of the world come to you. Still, while I doubt you'll take me up on the offer, I'd be happy to show you around some of my favorite haunts."

Looking down at his companion, who'd finished eating the morsel, the Ascended nodded again. "I'd like to think so." Chuckling at her continued refusal, he shrugged. "A true lady. You can't blame a guy for trying though, can you?" He winked at her.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Lena
Content and amused by the landshark’s antics, and he being far more civilized than some of his wilder, untamed friends that had embedded themselves into many an enclosure, she grinned and patted, aiming to scratch the top of his head before he meandered away again. “Yes, but he likely deserves it.” She spoiled her sister’s dragon too, affectionate, tender, and caring, as she was with every other animal that came into her vicinity.

While the offer was kind, and he seemed to understand the multitudes behind it probably weren’t possible, especially given the not-so-distant future, Lena still permitted another brief grin. “I will consider it,” which wasn’t a yes or no, but vague and light.

She arched a brow back in return, another laugh conjured by something much less apprehensive. “Maybe keep your persistence for your beau.”
that kept so many warm
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
As Lena and Amun talked about Zhanshi, the landshark struck. Darting up from the ground, he began to nibble on the edges of the Caretaker's bag, as if by doing so he could make more treats appear. Laughing, the potter shook his head. "He definitely does, and I definitely do spoil him." Tilting his head to one side, he narrowed his eyes at her. "Actually, while I have you, any advice on how I might better care for him?"

Nodding at her response, he smiled. "If you do decide to take me up on it, send a raven to Potter's Play in the Hollowed Ground." He settled back in his chair.

Grinning outright now, he shrugged. "I think I need more patience than persistence. He's about as skittish as any wild animal you've probably cared for when it comes to romance. I keep having to remind him that I actually like him and this isn't some elaborate trick or prank."
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Lena arched her brow at the incoming assault on her bag, but given how many necessities, mending tools, and bandages she had contained in there, she snagged it back readily, pointer finger raised in warning towards the companion. “Perhaps some boundaries,” and she laughed, but readily meant it. “Especially when bonded with a predator.” Otherwise, Zhanshi was likely to take Amun over the high hurdles with every measure. “Is he getting a lot of exercise?” Landsharks were natural wanderers along their territories, spiraling through the sand, dust, gravel, and earth as their sea counterparts did the same – but she wasn’t certain how active one would be when food was a ready service.

She nodded at his directions, uncertain if she’d be paying them heed anytime in the near future – completely unaware that it likely wouldn’t matter in the coming season. Her head tilted at the notions of his beau anyway; permitting a smile. “Maybe he’s had some unfortunate experiences in the past.” But not wanting to speculate on a stranger, her grin suitably remained. “I hope things work out for you two.”
that kept so many warm
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun shook his head at Lena, though he smiled. Reaching out with his foot, he nudged Zhanshi away from the bag even as the woman snatched it. The landshark promptly bit down on the toes of the potter's shoes. "None of that now," the Ascended admonished. His companion released his footwear and dove underground again.

"I'll admit I'm not good at setting boundaries," Amun informed her with a laugh. "And yes, he is. It's hard to stop him from coming with me everywhere." Chuckling, he grinned fondly down at the small disturbance in the ground that marked Zhanshi's passing.

"Oh, he absolutely has." Sighing, the potter cupped his chin in his hand. "I'm doing my best to convince him that he's worthy of affection, but it's slow going." He inclined his head at her thanks. "Since you have been a wonderful listeners and excellent advice giver, is there anything I can answer? Any burning questions you might have?"
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
She surveyed the scene, arching a brow slightly, but then conforming back into her residual smile. “You’ll want them, I think. He’s clever enough to take full advantage.” Her eyes watched the bumps and grooves form under the earth. “He’d probably like a nice journey to the desert too,” though – based on Amun’s status, potentially that could be done during the evening.

The Caretaker’s head tilted vaguely, pondering the multitude of things she’d heard over the years. “I’d like to think everyone is worthy of affection,” and she hummed a little under her breath, wondering over exceptions, but not voicing them. “It’s unfortunate that he doesn’t believe so, but at least he has you.” The smile grew effervescent, a little blossom, a little bloom, before her gaze settled upon the ground at his inquiry.

Lena had received quite an education in the past, and certainly today as well. “I can’t think of any at the moment, but you know how it goes – something may pop up hours later.” Once she’d had an opportunity to digest and sort through everything.
that kept so many warm
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
"You say clever, I say stubborn." Amun winked at Lena. "Doesn't help that he's got me wrapped around his nonexistent fingers. Fins, I guess?" Letting out a laugh, he pulled the toe of his boot away from Zhanshi. The landshark dove underground again, heading back to Frey where the companion would be properly appreciate.

The potter tracked Zhanshi's progress before she mentioned a desert. "Sure, sure, I'll just organize a day trip out there." Chuckling, he nevertheless inclined his head to her. "Thanks for the suggestion."

Smiling, he nodded. "I'd like to think so too, on both counts." Smile broadening into a full on grin, he played with the hem of his shirt. Arching an eyebrow at her, he gasped. "What, nothing? And here I was thinking I was endlessly fascinating." He put one hand over his heart and draped the back of the other on his forehead.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
She rolled her eyes, muffled a grin. “I’d presume you could do it in the evening.” Especially since they were hardwired to run at any time of day. That’d he purposefully be obtuse just seemed to be one of his many “charms”.

As for his endlessly fascinating self, the Caretaker snorted. “Well, as compelling as you are, I do have some work to get done.” And she rose, pausing, wondering if she should merely hasten off, or extend the regal, noble, politeness. In the end, her education in manners won out, and she offered him her hand to shake – fingers no longer shaking, at least. “It was nice meeting you, Amun,” came along the same smile – and then hastening some more treats out of her basket. “For Zhanshi, when he’s listened.”
that kept so many warm
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun smacked his forehead. "Of course, why didn't I think of that?!" Grinning outright at Lena, he winked at her and let out a little chuckle.

Rising as she did, he inclined his head to her. "I'll try not to take it too personally." Taking the treats from her, he swept into a shallow bow, moving one arm across his body and the other out to his side. "The pleasure was all mine, Lena."

Straightening up, he snatched the hand holding the treats into the air as Zhanshi launched a sneak attack trying to get them. The landshark flew in a circle around the potter, and as the Ascended's companion did, he gnashed his teeth at her. "He says goodbye too. I'll make sure he knows who to thank for the treats." With that, Amun nodded his head at her once more before waving to Frey and the others he knew.

-FIN
amun

Coding base by Sky!