Personal Quest [se] a little rule, a little sway
Lilliane Baker
Cook

Age: 25 | Height: 168cm | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Sineda Offline
Change author:
MP: 410
I know I'm just a girl, but can I change lives?
Lilliane nodded to Deimos's statement. If he had more wood stored elsewhere, they at least wouldn't have to worry about running out of material. She took the saw that was handed to her, hesitating for a moment before starting to cut the wood. She had never been cut out for any kind of work requiring strength. On the other hand, how was she supposed to get stronger if she never did anything for it? Plus, she wanted to help.

Once the timber was cut into shape, Lilliane took another glance at the old parts. While they wouldn't reassemble them, the markings she made earlier might help them build the new one. At least she hoped so. Comparing the pieces they had cut and those they had taken away, she nodded. "I think we can reassemble them similarly to how the old ones were assembled."

Lilliane helps to cut the wood and then suggests a system to use for assembling the new boxing ring.
If I am nothing, if I am trying, I think I can
Lilliane
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 74 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 74 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
DEIMOS
Heave the silver hollow sliver
For the most part, things follow through…okay.

Deimos and Lilliane’s efforts were smooth initially, piecing together over remnants of the old ring, pursuing orchestrations of prior proportions and ensuring the measured countenances fit properly. At some point though, when aiming to grab and snag at a piece of timber, the Accepted would find herself tripping over something (air? A loose floorboard?), and while she caught her frame from fumbling downward, the wood in her hands flew, landing and skittering across the floor. Best go retrieve that.

The great rat battle held similar results. Darkeye’s attempts at mutilating, mauling, and corralling them into the corner were moderate. Several were flattened by well-timed stomps. Belial was full of regular vehemence and zest, his fanged machinations making short work of several, before he subsequently became very distracted and started playing with several in his mouth. Much like a dog with a chew toy – winding one around by its tail and beginning to glide around the section.

But, for the most part, the rats were done in, and Darkeye would only need to properly dispose of the bodies (wouldn’t want those lingering around).

--

Interesting rolls! Deimos and Lilliane have most of the boxing ring framework in place, except Lilliane’s timber has gone flying across the floor.

Between Belial and Darkeye, the rats have been mauled, and bodies need to be disposed of!
Unite and spread the heart apart
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 157 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Blackeye
Not the strongest win the battle —
Darkeye tried to find a bucket or some old barrels where he can put the rats. "Deimos where can I find water and a brush to clean this mess that I did? Sorry for that." Darkeye would then try to find a space where he could burn the dead rats. Like he did in his world. "If this is okay with you Deimos I would start a fire. Outside with the old wood, if you are finished. I want to burn the rats. Or Belial can eat them." With a bucket on the side, he started to put any dead rat inside.

Darkeye will pick up all the rats in a bucket and tries to clean the mess.
— the smartest do
Lilliane Baker
Cook

Age: 25 | Height: 168cm | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
With the assembly of the ring going smoothly, for the most part, Lilliane was glad that things went well. Until, while taking the last piece of timber, she managed to trip over - what actually? Maybe even her own feet. Preoccupied with trying not to tumble headlong to the ground, she didn't pay much attention to what made her trip in the first place. The timber skittering away on the floor, she hurried after.

As she returned to the boxing ring, she gave Deimos a somewhat embarrassed smile. Lilliane took a moment to inspect the timber for possible damage. Though if it was damaged by such a fall, maybe it was better they found out now than when someone crashed through it during training later. She then put the piece in its place as well.

Lilliane retrieves the piece, checks for damage, and then finishes adding it to the boxing ring.
Lilliane
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
There was finally a sense of finality, the pieces coming together. Even with Lilliane tripping, which Deimos would only give a bemused snort towards (besides – how many times had he ended up doing something ultimately foolish?), the framework and portions of the boxing ring were eventually fresh, new, and ready for additional layers.

Even the rats, to which the Sword nodded his assent on a fire (outside), were properly disposed of, gone, save for the few Belial seemed intent on keeping as toys. Burnt and ashen, they would no longer be any problem for the current situation in the guild.

The Sword rose from his crouch, wiping his hands of any dust and residue. “All right, we can take a break from this,” and he pointed at the framework, still in need of new padding and ropes. “I would prefer to work on some targets,” which would be infinitely more amusing, given the circumstances. “And then we can return to the ring.”

Striding over to a section in the back corner, he grabbed hold of three effigies already started – lacking in any refinement other than the standard ivory fare. “You can paint whatever you would like on them,” free rein – and he offered a slight, juvenile, boyish grin, because he had an ample amount of adversaries to choose from, and posture a caricature for. The supplies remained beside the figures, in a vast array of colors.

--

Framework is complete on the boxing ring and we’ll cycle back to that after some fun! The rats have been taken care of!

Now paint the targets!
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 157 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye tried to pat Belial for the great help with the rats. Then he followed Deimos and Lilliane to where the targets were. He grabbed some of the colors and started to paint a dragon with big eyes and a mouth. So that the hardest part to hit is the eyes. "I learned to shoot on a moving target like this. It's hard to hit a Dragon eye. That is most times the only vulnerable point that you can truly do damage."Darkeye allowed himself some time to give the target some details. Darkeye had a golden dragon in mind. The eyes would cost him a lot of time, this was a detail that was important for him.

Darkeye starts to paint the head of a golden dragon on the target
— the smartest do
Lilliane Baker
Cook

Change author:
With the framework of the boxing ring assembled, Lilliane looked at it with a little smile. Watching something she worked on taking shape was always a nice thing. But she didn't mind taking a break from it either.

Wandering over to the unpainted targets, she took a look at one of them. She sure was no artist, but painting a masterpiece on these was probably not what Deimos had in mind anyway. "Sure, let's give this a shot." She stared at the target, thinking about what to paint. Nothing good seemed to come to mind.

Until she suddenly burst out laughing. It took a moment for her to calm down. Already expecting glances from the other two, she said: "Sorry, it's not really funny unless you're from the same place I'm from. But I have an idea now." And paintbrush in hand, Lilliane started to draw the Marshmallow Man.

Lilliane paints the Marshmallow Man on one of the targets.
Lilliane
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Deimos knew what dragons were – had encountered several amongst his interim in Caido, though they’d never been golden. Nor had he attempted to attack any, given his powers hadn’t been up to par with the white one, and he’d had no inclinations to journey to the Draig yet. But he listened, as per the normal, while he began his own ministrations on the target – ensuring it resembled Sunjata, for irony, pettiness, and spite. “Only the eye?” Given such a massive creature, he hadn’t ever pictured its vulnerability simply being its sight – the wings, perhaps.

His gaze flickered over to Lilliane’s artistic renderings on the announcement of humor; and though he tilted his head vaguely, like that of a cat, he had no idea what it was meant to resemble. “What is it?”

It didn’t take them long to finish up the effigies. The gilded lizard was completed. The…marshmallow thing was attained. Even the caricature of Sunjata, assembled with an overly large nose, came through without a hitch. “We can let these dry,” he announced, placing his paintbrush back in the water. Perhaps, when everything was done, they could utilize what they’d created. “And finish the ring.”

The Sword walked back to the other supplies, and the padding they’d already taken out. “We can put these back in,” pointing to the packing. “And the new ropes.” Previously created and neatly laid out in the nearby pile.

--

Targets are completed and look fabulous!

We need two people to place the padding back, and then one to put in new ropes. Deimos will take the leftover role. No post order! We’re almost done!
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
Darkeye noded "The eyes are the spot where you can do the most damage. The belly is well protected. The hollow of the knee sometimes too. But most dragons are moving too fast to hit them there. The neck is the same, it has to be moveable but there are smaller scales that can rotate with the movement. When it is in the air you have other problems. Then you need to bring the dragon down first. We used iron chains with weights to lower him down. And if you time it right when he used the breathing attack to put some water inside that helps." Darkeye was not sure that the dragons in this world were the same as the ones in his. Maybe it was different here.

Darkeye followed Deimos and Lilliane. He saw the padding on the side and started to grab the first one.

Darkeye would help with the padding.
— the smartest do
Lilliane Baker
Cook

Change author:
At the notion of explaining her painting, Lilliane thought for a moment. Explaining why it was funny to someone not from earth would be difficult. "It's the big bad evil guy from a funny movie in my world." Eyebrows furrowed, she looked over to Deimos. "I guess movies don't exist here either." Half-question, half-statement.

With the paintings finished, Lilliane cleaned the used paintbrushes. Then she turned her attention back to the ring as well. It seemed the goal was in sight now. She nodded when Deimos explained the next steps. Then she took some of the padding as well and went to help Darkeye.

Lilliane helps placing the padding back.
Lilliane
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Nodding along at Darkeye’s designated information, he placed the notions in the back of his mind for further perusal. While he had no intentions of rampaging out towards the Draig, or finding another ivory lizard in the Fangs, it was still something to consider. “Interesting. Worth a note, anyway,” and then he smiled, taking over the new ropes while the others tended to the padding.

Lilliane’s addition of some marshmallow villain made him glance at the target again – uncertain how it would be considered an adversary, enemy, or opponent, but then shrugged his shoulders and let it go. The other mentioning of something called a ‘movie’ mystified him too, indicated with a tilt of his head and an arch of his brow. Curiosity intermingled with the threads of the cords, following along the path of the ring while his voice rumbled. “What is a…movie?”

Back to the matters at hand – padding in place, ropes furnished, for the most part, as he stood back and inspected the area, it looked far better than it had at the beginning. Boards replaced, no visible evidence of fire that had scorched, a new boxing ring, and rats given a swift demise – success, even if there were multitudes of other things to do. It was enough for today. “Well done,” and he brushed his hands together, dusting off any remnants of debris, turning his head to address both Outlanders with half a smile. “Thank you for the help. Feel free to use the training grounds at your leisure.” Eventually, he’d have the armory set up in these proportions, more targets, and some other instilled proportions.

--

And the PQ is finished! Feel free to make a wrap-up post, but otherwise the thread will be finned tomorrow! Thank you for all the help!
Lilliane Baker
Cook

Change author:
To be honest, Lilliane should have expected the question to arise the moment she mentioned movies. For a moment, she pondered about the best way to explain the concept. "You know theatre plays, right? Where actors go on stage and act out a story for the audience to see." At least, she hoped he knew. "A movie tells a story in a similar way. But the actors don't have to act it out every time. Instead, they act it out in front of a device which basically makes moving pictures based on what's acted out. And these moving pictures are a movie."

With the work finished, Lilliane looked over what they had done before turning to Deimos. "I'm glad I was able to help," she said with a little smile. "Maybe I'd stop by at some other time to use the training grounds. If that's okay?" Right now, rather than training, she was feeling like relaxing somewhere in the shade and drinking something cold. Maybe after a quick stroll over the market. With a smile and a little wave, Lilliane would leave with a "Goodbye." if no further questions remained.

A little bit of wrap-up and Lilliane leaves.
Lilliane
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Blackeye
"Anytime again Deimos. But I got things to do. I wish you luck with the guild and hope we meet again soon. Lilliane, it was nice to see you again and I hope we can talk if we meet again. That movie thing sounds interesting maybe we talk about this next time." Darkeye cleaned himself, took his things, and smiled. He gave Deimos and Lilliane a handshake and started to walk out, off in the direction of the jungle. It was time to hunt a black panther. If he saw Belial and Zuriel he would give them a bow and wished them well too.

Darkeye will take his few things and leave as well.
— the smartest do
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
He had seen plays and actors upon a stage – even a puppet show some years ago – so he nodded along at the start of the explanation. He started to lose the visual though when she started discussing devices that showed the moving pictures – perhaps he simply needed to see something like that himself. “Thank you for explaining,” and he placed that in the back of his mind too, for future references.

“That would be fine,” registered to both individuals, and then they began to disperse. The Sword stayed behind, jotting down notes for the next set of intervals and necessities, but remained otherwise content with the state of the guild. Now things could begin moving and shaping in the direction he wanted.

{FIN}