Training [se] you try to stop it tumbling
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
Amun narrowed his eyes at Varus. Grunting, the potter shook his head and pressed his lips together. "Pretty sure skill and talent have something to do with it too," he retorted. "I can want something a lot, but just wanting isn't enough." He didn't quite glare at the other man, but it was somewhere in the same general neighborhood.

But then there was another punch coming. This time, Amun actually heeded his instructor's advice and swept both hands in a block. The potter left them up, guarding his center. Unfortunately, the metal arm was, well, a metal fucking arm, and it slammed into his forearms with bone rattling force. Stepping backwards from the blow, he reached out to try and grapple the arm, or at least hold onto it long enough to stop another blow.
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Varus Callahan
Assassin / Hollowed Grounds Captain

Age: 347 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
and all their words for glory, well they always sounded empty
That’s called practice.” He murmurs – he wasn’t good at this when he started, and when he returned he was also quite unused to it. Rusty. It had taken him months to get used to it, to get back into it. But it had gotten him better, he’d practiced, fell into old habits and new ones, and everything started to fall back into place.

A grin splits his face when Amun’s arms come up and block him, grabbing onto it a second later and Varus twists slightly, trying to use his body to throw Amun off balance. “Good, good.” He rumbles, giving his arm a tug to try and throw Amun off his feet, unable to keep the proud little grin from his face.
VARUS
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun rolled his eyes at Varus' retort. "No, really?" Snorting, the potter stuck out his tongue at the other man. However, Amun eventually nodded, grinning at his instructor. "I know, I know, I get it. Less whining, more working." The potter gave Varus a thumbs up.

The twist was enough to break Amun's hold on the other man's arm. Staggering off to the side in the opposite direction Varus had moved, the potter did his best to get his feet under him. At the same time, Amun pivoted his own body, aiming for the shoulder joint, which he prayed wasn't also made of metal. If it was, this was going to, well, not hurt, because Ascended, but suck.
AMUN
Varus Callahan

Age: 347 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
You’re damn right.” Varus grits out with a knowing and playful grin, preparing himself for the counter attack, though he fails to expect just what Amun does – the shoulder joint of his metal arm. Unfortunately for you, Amun, it is metal, too. It’s how it connects, after all. But unfortunately for the Captain, the second Amun charges into his shoulder, there’s the sound of a pop and the metal arm falls, clanging against the ground as Varus is promptly thrown off balance with the sudden loss of it.

He barks a sound of surprise, stumbling to catch himself but trips to fall on his ass, held up only by the one arm as he peers up at Amun. “Well… Good job. Didn’t know it did that.” Amun must have hit him in the right spot, somehow. He kicks at his arm with a leg, drawing it closer before he feels for the joint and the connectors to start to realign it, and once the initial shock has worn off, the Captain starts to laugh.
VARUS
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun sighed and shook his head, though he was careful to keep his eyes trained on Varus. "What fun." Letting out a huff of laughter, the potter waggled his eyebrows at the other man.

The joint was indeed metal. Although the potter couldn't feel pain, he could feel the bones in his hand cracking from the impact. "Mother fuc--" the curse cut short as his fellow Ascended's arm popped off. Eyes widened, Amun looked between Varus and the appendage. "Uh. Sorry." The potter reached down but the other man had already retrieved the prosthetic.

Instead Amun held out his uninjured hand for his fellow Ascended to take. "I didn't either. Obviously." The potter shook out his injured hand as he waited for Varus to recover. "So. I guess I should ask how I did?"
AMUN
Varus Callahan

Change author:
Perhaps it’s all part of the façade, the way he goes to reattach his arm – he isn’t sure if he can do it himself, and a thought occurs to him of when he’d had Isla take off his true arm, how he’d frightened her and she’d promptly smacked him with it. It’s a thought that lingers as the realignment doesn’t quite go well and his laughter fades into something a hint more mischievous, looking up at Amun as he offers his hand.

A hand which he takes with his only good hand now, shuffling to keep a hold of the prosthetic. It fails, however, his upgrade clattering to the ground as he stands. “Not sure.” He replies gruffly, bending over to pick up the arm before he considers Amun for a second, draws back with his good arm and promptly smacks his metal arm right into Amun. “Payback’s a bitch, though.” To this he says with an amused grin, one that has him stepping back and away from Amun, unsure if he plans to offer any kind of retaliation, though Varus thinks he certainly deserved it.
VARUS
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun missed the look Varus had sent the potter's way. When the other man took Amun's hand, he was glancing between the metallic arm and Varus' face, hoping that the potter hadn't damaged the prosthetic. When it fell to the ground, he winced. He bent forward, but the other man was already reaching for it.

So it was, off balance and not paying attention, that the surprise attack slammed into Amun's gut. He grunted and rocked backwards, then felt his heels slipping out from under him. Toppling over, he ended up taking the fall on his elbows. "Guess that's another lesson for me, teach," he wheezed. Rolling away from the other man, the potter managed to get his hands and legs under him.

Glancing up at Varus, Amun grinned and shook his head. "Well, I'm not sure I learned all that much, but that definitely made me more aware of my body." Standing up, he brushed himself off. "If I need more lessons, I know who to ask. And if you need  a mobile punching bag, hit me up." He saluted, though he was slouching and smirking as he did. With that, he turned to collect his things and head for the exit.

-FIN
AMUN