The brightest light casts the darkest shadows
for Maea
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea nodded. "The girl I mer was blonde and fair, so I'm afraid I won't be able to help much." Which was a shame, really. She would have liked being useful for once...

Being called miss was strange, and shebegan protesting, saying that Maea was enough when Isuma decided they'd ignoredher for long enough. Accepting the little creature into her hands, the girl breathed in deeply in amazement. The touch of warm fur and sharp claws and the notion that she was holding something very much alive in her hands shocked her senses like nothing else could. Staring back into the clear eyes of the gryphon with equal fascination, she was made dizzy by the torrent of things she had seen and heard and been told about, that could no longer be dismissed as exaggerations or a strange dream. It was real, all of it, from the Outlanders to the Sparkbird and... Her gaze moved from Isuma to the giant of a bird that perched quietly on the manmade structure above their heads, and returned thoughtfully to Jigano.

"Problem? No. Not yet. Or perhaps a few problems is what it has to take to change things... So far I think you've done more good than harm. This one came because you saved the perch, after all." She nodded at the beautiful lightbringer, though avoided looking at it for too long as the bright light radiating from it made her eyes hurt.
"Do you know how many generations have passed since anyone last saw it? Many. I sometimes wonder... if we have become too complacent in our captivity, so focused on staying alive that we've forgotten about the why's and maybes of the outside."

Flushing at how much she was talking, the short girl lowered her gaze to the ground. Surely he already knew this, being lorekeeper and all.
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: The brightest light casts the darkest shadows - by Maea - 02-27-2019, 11:26 PM