The brightest light casts the darkest shadows
for Maea
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Ah, she'd said too much. Maea haven't meant to reveal anything about her sight, or rather lack of it, but her tongue har loosened and as it was the matter most closely on her mind these days... She sighed, looking away as no attempt to focus would bring Jigano into sharper view, and the effort made her head ache.

"It's... My vision was never any good, really. Things were blurry in the distance, and too much light hurts. But lately it's been getting worse, and there is darkness creeping in from the sides."

She tried to sound casual, but could not entirely hide how scared she was. To slowly go blind, not knowing if there was a cure or whether anything could be done, with or without magic... Not to mention the fate of someone as young as her being tied down by such a handicap. What would the do with the rest of her life? How could she hunt, or farm, or do anything at all if the couldn't see?

Thinking about Isla was a welcome escape, though Maea wasn't sure the woman was really better off. Frowning, she said as much; frank and undiplomatic as could be, no doubt about to ruin both the good mood and the budding beginnings of a friendship.

"She should have been allowed to stay dead. Ludo never gives anything for free... no doubt there was a price, and a steep one too. I can't believe... can't imagine how steep it must be to make something like that happen."

However incredible, this was something she had no trouble believing. After all, har the not lived in a bubble all her life? The gods were a part of everyday life, more so for some but undeniably present. Miracles did happen. Sometimes.
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
RE: The brightest light casts the darkest shadows - by Maea - 02-28-2019, 10:32 PM