the dreams in the witch house
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
if we ever stop talking, sing me a song
'Oh yeah? Then how'd you get that cut?' Tobi asks automatically; if they weren't going from raining cats and dogs, to one of those cats scratching him, then he had some 'splainin' to do. But not really, Tobi was just teasing. Quickly, she'd learn how poorly that went over.

Accepting the cloth, Tobi unfolds it for just a moment. Something about the colour tickled the back of her mind, but the feeling was gone as soon as Finn addressed her. Interpreting his words as banter, the secretary offers him a bright white smile for his troubles and tucks away the cloth without a second thought. 'It was the...' Searching for the file marked Miller, Tobi frowns as her mind grows completely blank. "..the..." She stalls, before straightening, file in hand. "It's called the Iris Agency." Handing Finn the file, Tobi exchanges it for the planner.

"Wednesday afternoons. Got it. Is that date night with the mrs's?" One of them had to ask it.
October
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
finn
it always feels more quiet in the dark
"I..." Finn frowns, puzzled, and touches a hand to his cheek again as if trying to remember. "You know, I don't really recall. I was doing surveillance work this morning." Perhaps he'd hurt himself tailing his mark? Every time he tries to remember, it all goes fuzzy. And when he consults his notepad about it, a couple of pages in it all just turns to deep scribbles with his pencil, before picking up again like nothing had happened.

"The Iris Agency, huh? I wonder how they got hold of my details..." Wonder how they knew I needed a secretary, which I don't. Regardless, Finn accepts the Miller file, flicking through it so he can examine his notes from the last attempt at surveillance. There's a lot of scribbles there, too. Curious.

"No, miss. There's no lady waiting at home for me. It's just me and the job." Chewing the inside of his cheek, his gaze flicks back up at her suddenly. "Is my 3 o'clock free?" he asks.
it always feels so stark
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
if we ever stop talking, sing me a song
'Uh huh.' Tobi replies disbelievingly. Maybe some lady slapped him for getting a bit too forward with her. He didn't really seem like the type, but then it was always the ones who didn't seem like the type who usually were the type.

'Your...? Oh!' Flipping open the book and giving her eyes a few blinks as the words seem to scatter back to their places on the page, Tobi tracks down today's date before giving her head a shake. "Well, your three p.m. is free, but not your three-oh-five. It says Meeting with Mrs. Dubois?" Now she understands why there's no lady waiting for him at home. Probably because he had them waiting all over town.
October
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
finn
it always feels more quiet in the dark
"Cancel it," Finn says of his three oh-five. "Mrs. Dubois will be dead by tomorrow. We'll deal with her then." Already he's on his feet again, moving to file Miller back in the cabinet where he belongs, promptly forgetting that he has a secretary or that he's supposed to pat her on the ass or a million other manly things expected of him. "Instead I'll be going to Gowanus Bay. I'll probably be out there for some time, so you can lock up whenever you're finished."

Is he supposed to tell her when that is? Probably. He's probably supposed to tell her a lot about the job, in truth. But then again this isn't what Finn expected when he woke up this morning. "I will give you my spare set of keys, but please keep them in a coat pocket. Don't take them out when you get home."
it always feels so stark
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!