burn 'em up and scatter their remains
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

His tone shifts, taking on an edge that suggests he's attempting to soothe a spooked animal instead of a person. Maeve isn't going anywhere, though. She's too tired to run. The Nightshade shakes her head, swallowing past the lump in her throat, "No, Aidon is my first companion and I haven't ever had to endure the loss of one, but-" Her words cut off, swallowed whole and drowned out by the regret that threatens to smother her. "I couldn't save my friend's. I tried, but there was just too much." She'd been too weak to save Atlas from his attackers. She didn't have any weapons or a way to fight back. Not against fire magic.

Maybe that's why she'd been so quick to jump into this without considering that her help wasn't wanted or needed. That she would simply make things worse. A feeling that's been pressing deeper into her bones lately.

Her eyes snap back up to him before dropping just in time to see the landshark come her way, "I've never seen a little one of these before." She murmurs, hesitating to reach out in an attempt to pat the top of its head, not wanting to lose her fingers.

A watery laugh that cuts like glass slips up her throat, thick and sticky, suffocating her for a span of a few tense seconds. Is she okay? What a question that is. "No, not really. Life has been... Difficult lately." And she doesn't know where to start. What to say.
If you're a lover, you should know
The lonely moments just get lonelier

Messages In This Thread
burn 'em up and scatter their remains - by Maeve - 02-23-2022, 01:15 AM
RE: burn 'em up and scatter their remains - by Maeve - 04-06-2022, 04:41 PM