burn 'em up and scatter their remains
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Realizing now that Amun held no threat for his bonded, Aidon relaxes considerably, trilling softly as the Ascended scratches under his chin. He cranes his head slightly, angling this way and that to get in the spot he wants before giving his hand a final gentle nudge, moving his large form to sit behind Maeve instead in a show of support.

This draws a watery laugh from the Nightshade, a smile playing on her lips for the span of a breath, "I would imagine so. They're pretty cute when they aren't twenty times your size and trying to eat you." She murmurs, giving Zhanshi a final scratch before she presses forward, fingers pressing hard against her calves.

"It's alright... I don't think many do. It was-" She pauses, trying to find the words, "He was attacked by a Sea Panther on the shore. They don't typically hunt that way, but I guess it was hungry enough." Maeve lifts her shoulders in a shrug, swallowing thickly as her voice trembles and fresh tears prick her eyes. "We were. He was one of my best friends." And he truly was. There were very few people who just got her. The list could be counted on a single hand.

She didn't mean to scoff. Truly. Except she's still bitter and all of the hurt is hard to separate. "No, I suppose not alone, but definitely lacking. My partner disappeared again not that long ago. Third time he's run off and this time?" She shakes her head, lips pressing into a thin line, "Well, we'll just say he's out of chances. My son and I deserve better than that." She's surprised at herself for sharing all of this so easily, letting it flow from her without a second thought, but she's been lonely. He isn't Adam, but for a moment, it feels like he is.
If you're a lover, you should know
The lonely moments just get lonelier

Messages In This Thread
burn 'em up and scatter their remains - by Maeve - 02-23-2022, 01:15 AM
RE: burn 'em up and scatter their remains - by Maeve - 04-09-2022, 11:54 AM