a taste of destiny
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
you are a terribly real thing in a terribly false world
It's unclear whether Finn is honestly unaware of the Lullaby's eyes pinning him, or if he's merely choosing not to notice; either way, he tucks the folded bag away in a drawer where several identical paper squares likely sit, before turning back to his guest. "Perhaps it would be prudent to find out what kind of creatures roam Halo's skyline and research them further. At least there will be something to test at that point," he says, taking another sip of water before straightening up from the counter.

The mention of Abandoned is brushed over, not tactfully by any means, but then one will have to forgive a man his prejudices when he has lived in Stormbreak all his life. "Would you like to follow me into the study? I have a map of Halo and a couple of books on skyships The others are under lock and key in Everest's room though, I'm afraid."

The skyport is an interesting proposal, Finn itching at the stubble on his chin. "The Palace seems most logical. The ships would not have to lose too much altitude too quickly if the port is placed near the top of the Palace. Politically it would also look very..." He gestures with his hand, as if he can't find a polite way of saying political dick swinging.
and that, I believe
is why you are in so much pain
FINN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
the lullaby
i don't want the world to see me,
because I don't think they'd understand
'I like that idea.' Remi agrees, envisioning he and Ronin storming across Halo's skyline with the intention of drawing the interest of every predator that lives in the snow and ice. Gods that sounded incredible right about now. Having not realized how hard he had been clenched his glass until it gave a warning whine, the alchemist abruptly sets it down on the counter with a hard swallow.

I don't want to follow you anywhere. I would follow you anywhere. Thought simultaneously, Remi pressed his eyes closed for a moment, resisting the urge to rub them. "Mmhm." He mutters after a moment, before shaking his head to indicate that snooping in Ever's room wouldn't be necessary.

ThE StuDy. Had the Taliesin's ever had a study? Maybe back in the Guildhall. Regardless, Remi felt as though this room held an entirely different expectation of the two men than the kitchen had. "Oh? I had been thinking outside of the Citadel altogether." Glancing around this new space and trying to drink in every single detail while appearing as casual as possible, Remi shrugs distractedly. "You know..in case there is an attack, or a crash, or.." His eyes had been snared by the bookshelf, his head turning slightly to read the back of a particularly notable looking book. "Is that...a book of fairytales?"
when everything's meant to be broken,
i just want you to know who I am
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Finn Rosencrantz

Age: 36 | Height: 6’0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
The whine of the glass and the sudden reaction by Remi that suggests to Finn, at first, that the other man is feeling ill, has the ex-Spyglass pausing in the entrance to his study. "...Are you alright?" he asks slowly, as if just realising that he's inviting the other man into a space where Remi will be blocking the only exit.

Regardless, into the space they go; a fire is smouldering in the grate and there's a desk, several bookshelves, a few lanterns and a guitar leaning against one corner of the room. It's still very minimalist, partially because Finn hasn't been in Halo long and partially just out of his own tastes, but it's his. "I suppose outside the Citadel would have its advantages, but if there is an emergency or if the weather is particularly bad, it might be dangerous to make people travel..."

He trails off just as Remi pauses by the bookshelf, and Finn tilts his head. "Yes," he says. "Those are October's." But she reads them to me when I can't sleep goes completely unsaid.
and that, I believe
FINN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
the lullaby
"Mmm. Sorry." Remi confirms with a fleeting smile, wanting to rub at his eyes until he saw stars or perhaps to throw the glass of water against one of the walls just to hear it shatter. "That is a good point." The alchemist replies, now sounding weary and looking entirely out of place in this organized room of foreign things. Wanting to touch everything and look at nothing, Remi folds his arms across his chest that he might lock his fingers beneath his biceps. "I am sure Noah will have thoughts. Deimos too, probably." He mutters.

'Ah..I think..I think Vai has the same one.' Or perhaps all fairytale spines looked the same. Or perhaps he's just forcing his own memories into this room.

He should leave; Remi has what he came for, after all. He really should go.
Instead, he stalls.

"Would you want to assist with either the skyboat research or the port?" Remi wonders, wishing he still had his glass of water.
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
"I should imagine so, given that they are in charge," Finn says mildly of Noah and Deimos, unaware of any feelings that Remi might have towards either man. He does still have his glass of water, and so with another sip of it, he places it down on the desk and lingers by the table as if it might offer something to break the tension between them. (Insert joke about having sex on it here).

"Who is Vai?" he asks, slowly stepping up to join Remi next to the bookshelf, reaching out to slide the book out and into his hands. "There is one story in here that she likes the best. It has a fox in it, and a little prince," he explains.

The skyboat conversation feels far away now, and Finn has to blink himself back to attention when he realises the Lullaby has asked about it. "I would likely be more use with research than construction," he says with a small smile. "So I would be happy to help with that, if you need it."
and that, I believe
FINN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
"Vai?" Remi blinks, his mind not understanding the question; how could his twin not know about Vai? "An outlander like me, from the same place. She...adopted me, I suppose, if you can do that to a fully grown man. Saved my life too, more than once." Speaking of the witch has a genuine smile tugging at Remi's lips for the first time since seeing Finn, and it eases a bit of the tension from his body. "Oh? I remember that one I think. Something about a planet and overgrown trees." Peering across the desk the alchemist makes no move to try and take the book, but only nods that it is the same one.

"Perfect. I'll uhm...I'll mention that to Ronin. I think he's out speaking with Noah right now." Remi adds, before blurting out something entirely unnecessary: "You can channel me now, you know." Looking intensely into the corner of the room with a deep frown, Remi can feel his cheeks flush. "Just...so you are aware. Or Ronin, or..any of the demigods."
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
How, indeed? Finn softens as Remi does, the ex-Spyglass smiling enough that a dimple appears in one of his cheeks, and he nods to the other man. "She sounds very kind," he murmurs. "And yes, I think that is correct. I don't believe I have ever heard the story all the way through..." He is already absently flicking through the book to find the tale, even as Remi makes absolutely no attempt to come near it.

"Perfect," he agrees absently, carefully turning a page only to falter a bit at hearing Remi's next sentence - and oop, there's a paper cut. Muttering some innocuous substitute for a curse under his breath, Finn puts the book down and reaches into his pocket for a handkerchief to press to the cut.

"Channelling demigods," he says directly to the table. "That... I... thank you for letting me know."
and that, I believe
FINN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
The sight of blood, just a single innocuous droplet, has Remi immediately forcing his throat to close as he holds his breath. Already his instincts have been alerted, and so it's with an abrupt pivot that he turned to study whatever the fuck is behind him as if his life depends on it.

"Mmm." He nearly grunts, still doing his best not to inhale. But even demigods need to breathe. "I should go..before..." Before what, Remi? Go on, finish that sentence. Finish the thought. "..before Tobi comes home. She was quite clear I was supposed to leave you alone." Remi lies, smoothly he thinks, but who knows.

Once upon a time Remi was the sort of man to shift and quite literally flee awkward situations. Now, he merely presses his fingers between his ribs hard enough to distract himself from the unmistakable scent of blood and thinks of Ronin's face. "..sorry. Before nothing. This was nice, though."
Finn Rosencrantz

Change author:
Wincing a little as he applies pressure through the handkerchief - it's not a deep cut, but it's one of those annoying ones that will likely reopen a half dozen times before it's fully healed - Finn misses the way Remi implodes, at first. He isn't an Attuned and he has no sixth sense or anything of the sort, but even he knows when primordial danger lurks nearby. And so, like a deer in headlights, stormy eyes pierce the back of Remi's head as if waiting for something awful to happen.

So when it doesn't - gods, Finn thinks he might pass out (he's been holding his breath too, though he doesn't realise it). "...It was nice," he agrees, dropping his gaze to the book of fairytales. "If there is anything more I can do to help with the skyships, please let me know." Swallowing hard, he forces his gaze up to the other man again. "Do you need me to walk you out?"
and that, I believe
FINN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
"Mmmmm." Remi half-moans, but that's only because of the way he's clenching his teeth. Breezing out of the ThE StUdy and finding it instantly easier to breathe, the alchemist is almost through the kitchen before he registers what Finn has said. "Oh, no." He calls, trying to sound casual but likely just sounding strained. Reaching for his scarf and jacket, it's with a hasty glance over his shoulder that the alchemist realizes he has left his glass out.

'Sorry, my water..I forgot.' He murmurs in a rush, sounding apologetic as he hurriedly wrapped his scarf around his neck (far too tightly), and shrugged into his jacket.

So it was that Remi managed to slam the door behind him before taking his first full breath since Finn's papercut, only to realize that doing so yielded an intense swarm of Finn in his nostrils. Looking down only to realize he'd grabbed the ex-Spyglass's scarf instead of his own, Remi's mind decides almost instantly that it isn't going back for.

Smelling of Finn is better than smelling his blood, after all.

~FIN