(SE) with the help of lucifer yellow
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5167
// and if i was the only thing you couldn't bear to lose,
i'd set fire to the wood, just so you wouldn't have to bury me too //
For the moment.” Sunjata shrugs, the corner of his lips tugging into a small smile, completely unsure how he was supposed to go about doing such a thing. But he could break it into smaller steps, and that was truthfully the endgoal. “I need to finish my current quest with them before I can start asking for more, I think.” A shoulder rises and falls in a shrug. “Which coincidentally means getting people off, so, if you or you know of anyone, don't hesitate to mention it.” Not that he was trying to make a move or anything – he’s making a lantern right now.

But he supposes if Amun needed to let off some steam, well, he could help out at some point given timeline fuckery.

At this time, the page he’s worked on has dried and it gives him the moment to roll the lantern onto its next side, gluing down the new piece of paper to make sure it starts to dry before he sets his magic and paints onto it again. “Safrin is nothing if not a master manipulator. But… At the same time I won’t get anywhere with Kamaria if she’s angry.” She’s too much like himself that he knows that to be true. So instead, he shrugs, casting a glance back at Amun. “So for now I just get to focus on all of this.
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
Amun froze as Sunjata revealed the task Frey had laid before him. For a moment, the potter's lips twisted into a snarl. Then, though, he let out a breath in a sigh and shook his head. "Dude, seriously? Samuel just died and you're asking..." Voice trailing off, his gaze trailed to the pages he'd written.

Shrugging one shoulder, he slipped another bracelet off. "Sure, fine, if it comes up." Not looking at the Flood, the Ascended activated his upgrade; the metal circles in his hands began to twist and climb, twining around one another.

"Sometimes you have to let people take out their anger on you so the relationship can begin to heal. Like draining a wound." Hunching over, he continued to direct the metal in his hands, adding a little bit more to his budding creation. With his free hand, he grabbed the glue, flipping his papers over and coating their backsides with it.
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
There’s a huff of a sigh that leaves Sunjata, a shake of his own head. “I didn’t want you to feel left out if I didn’t include you.” To this he tilts his head back toward Amun, a nod given toward the notes. “Sam tried to make a move on me once. A long time ago. Didn't take him up on it.” To this, a shared little memory, does quirk his lip in a somewhat fond smile.

Still, he’s distracted while the glue dries by the way the metal starts to twist and climb, twining around, and to say that Sunjata isn’t captivated, well, that’d be a lie. He only realizes he’s staring quite belatedly when Amun’s words reach him and he leans forward to grab the paints again, summoning the water magic he has to start spreading along the dried paper he’d just glued down. “Exactly. Just like draining a wound.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun rolled his eyes at Sunjata's explanation. Lips pressed together, the potter shook his head, still not looking at the Flood. "Very thoughtful of you. Your timing could use some work though." Letting out a sigh, the Ascended stared at the pages he'd written.

"Really? That's actually surprising." His lips twitched. "When I first told him I thought he was cute, he practically ran away from me. Took him a long time to believe it."

Hands still cupped around the metal he was shaping, he narrowed his eyes at it. "In this metaphor, are you leaving the wound to fester?" Finally, the iron stopped moving: it was a frame in the shape of an open book. Lifting each of the pages he'd written by pinching the corner, he laid them on the outside of the metal wires. That done, he ran his palm over them to smooth them.
AMUN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Depends on the person I suppose.” He rolls a shoulder in a shrug to respond to Amun. Everyone coped differently and he wasn’t one to judge. After all, he tended to cope with cigarette, alcohol, and sex. But he wasn’t one to tell anyone else how to cope, he was simply just there to help where he could.

As for Sam trying to pick him up, Sunjata nods, amusement flickering in his face. “I’m pretty sure it wasn’t really for me but to get back at Nate at the time he'd offered.” A small shrug, a bit of dramatics back in the day that they had all worked through. At the end of it, he considered himself and Sam to be friendly toward one another. And of course, Nate had an arrangement with the bookmaker as well.

But that’s beside the point, because he throws himself into he watercolors, spreading around the color in the page before he waits for it to dry, still leaned forward, side eyeing the frame that Amun makes. “I’m a festering kind of guy.” He admits, shrugging and reaching forward to lift the lantern a bit, turning it to its side so the paints start to slide.
SUNJATA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Turing his neck to stare at Sunjata, Amun narrowed his eyes. "Fine. The timing wasn't write for me. Thanks, again." The potter turned back to his lantern, closing his eyes for a brief moment and taking a breath.

Arching an eyebrow, he shrugged a shoulder as the Flood explained further about Sam trying to pick up the demi-god. The potter shook his head. "That doesn't sound like Sam at all," he confessed. "Slinging petty insults, maybe, but deliberately trying to hurt someone like that..." Voice trailing off, he grimaced. "He was too sweet for that."

Turning the lantern around, the Ascended snorted. "And how is that working out for you?" Pausing, he sighed. "Sorry. Probably uncalled for." Spotting a wrinkle in the page, he slid one finger along it to smooth it out.
AMUN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
You’re welcome.” He hums, pushing the topic aside. He focuses on his lantern, on the paint that starts to dry as he sits back after setting it back down. He clears his throat, lifts his glass of whiskey again to drain the rest of it before he stands, reaching over the bar to grab the bottle he’d been nursing, topping himself off before leaving it on the counter beside him. An open invitation for Amun to have a glass should he want one too, Ascended or not.

The comment of it not sounding like Sam does bring a soft laugh from Sunjata’s chest, a shake of his head. “It was payback of a sort.” He shrugs, poking at the paint to see how it’s dried and once it has, he rotates the lantern to glue down the last piece.

It’s fine, Amun.” He offers, letting another rumbling laugh leave him. “It never works out well, but I’m nothing if not a creature of habit.” To this, a small crooked smile is sent over Amun’s way.
SUNJATA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Amun did not take a glass for himself, though he inclined his head at Sunjata. Shifting a bit on the stool, the potter turned the lantern he'd made again. Pausing, he touched a finger to the metal wiring; a part of it rippled and straightened out a bit more. "Are you sure? He told you that?' Shaking his head, he added under his breath, "There's a lot I didn't know about him, I guess." He blinked away another few drops of fluid that stubbornly welled up in his eyes.

"Aren't we all?" Turning to face the Flood, the Ascended nodded his head. "Well if you ever change your mind, I wouldn't mind sticking one to Safrin. And, more importantly, getting your kid back to you." He let out a humorless laugh.
AMUN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He didn’t have to.” But regardless of how Sunjata viewed himself, he isn’t stupid. “Did you hear the story of what happened between Sam, Nate, Phoebe, and I?” He asks, not sure whether he needed to dive into it in order to get the point across, or whether the Ascended already knew about that particular event years ago.

He hopes Amun doesn’t take that too personally, the whole not knowing, that is.

As for sticking it to Safrin, there’s appreciation in Sunjata’s face, on the smile he shoots toward Amun before he shakes his head. “Mm, if I figure out a way to keep her from killing me again, I’ll sign you up.” He bounces a brow, leans over to nudge Amun’s side with his elbow.
SUNJATA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Shaking his head at Sunjata's comment about the four people who'd become intertwined somehow, the potter shifted his finger down to the base of his lantern. A small loop of wire slid out where he could secure a candle. "No, I didn't. But knowing the four of you I imagine it was nothing less than dramatic." He let out a huff of laughter.

Grunting, he glanced over at the Flood. "At the moment, I'm less worried about her specifically and more about her followers." His hands formed into fists again. When he opened them, there were marks from where his nails had dug into his skin.
AMUN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Oh, it was so dramatic.” The Flood drawls, his head tilting as he returns to his lantern, adding another little swath of paint to the last piece of paper before he lets it sit to dry. Of course, it doesn’t stop him from poking and prodding at it. “I cheated on Phoebe with Nate, Nate cheated on Sam with yours truly. We imploded our relationships and that’s when Sam asked me.” He glances over toward Amun with the raise of his newly scarred eyebrow, a shrug of his shoulder.

It was the TLDR of the whole ordeal. But it had worked out in the end, as far as Sunjata was concerned. All parties involved eventually found their happiness, as far as Sunjata could tell. He assumes Sam was quite happy with Amun.

When it comes to Safrin and her followers though, he rumbles a low agreement deep in his throat, a small sigh as the paper is finally dry and he can stand the lantern up fully. “Then stay where you’re safest until tensions start to die down?
SUNJATA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Eying Sunjata's artwork, Amun rested his hand on the Flood's forearm for just a moment. "You know paint dries slower if you watch it, right?" Frowning at the demi-god's severely truncated story, the potter tapped his foot against the leg of his barstool. "I vaguely remember all that. I'm still having trouble seeing Sam deliberately going after the other man, though. No offense." He shrugged one shoulder.

Sighing at the other man's suggestion, the Ascended shook his head. For a moment, his gaze strayed towards the lantern he'd made before slipping back to meet Sunjata's eyes. "If I thought they might die down, maybe. Or if I was willing to let them win by keeping us cooped up. But I'm not going to just wait for the fight to come to me. That's not a strategy, it's a slow death."
AMUN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Does it seem like I’m trying to rush it?” He jests back to Amun, a glance shot in his direction. A few moments later and Sunjata’s finally got his lantern dry, standing it up to offer a line of reddish orange along the top to drip down the rest, to give it a sort of fire approach. As for the rest of it, he hums a soft laugh. “Perhaps he was bold? In the moment?” Either way, it didn’t matter now of all things.

Unfortunately.

The rest of it, though, Sunjata’s lantern is done and with it he downs the rest of his next glass of whiskey, swallowing against the burn before he leans back, tilts his head toward Amun with a raise of his brow. “It’s a tall order. I’m not sure how to try and change it, if it’s past saving yet. All I know is that while yes, I agreed to Frey, the majority of my friends are the Ascended. I don’t want to lose all of you either.
SUNJATA
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
for it is infinite.
Snorting, Amun nodded. "You do have a track record of rushing into things without thinking, so it wouldn't surprise me." Still, he shrugged one shoulder. "Not like I'm much better." He elbowed Sunjata in the side.

As for Sam, the potter sighed. "Maybe." His eyes tracked over the lines that he'd written, which were displayed on the outside of his own lantern.

Nodding at the Flood's response, the Ascended rubbed his forehead. Resting his elbows on the bar, he hummed a low note. "But if we don't survive, you probably will." Shaking his head, he leaned forward until his chin was resting on the wood as well. "Still, I'll bring up what Frey said if I ever speak to the Voice again. Assuming you're okay with that."
AMUN