Training [se] now what's in store
for Cordelia
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877

Prepare for the inevitable. Cordelia felt a breath lodge in her throat, growing tight with an anxiety she can't shake, knowing it wouldn't leave for some time. It never would go away. A worry about if they were safe, if Halo was going to be attacked again, and if it would ever truly stop. The hunter swallowed thickly around that tightness, thumb pressing against the tip of the arrow so harshly she'd likely pierce through the skin if it wasn't for the gloves she was wearing. "I'm sure you're right... It'll reach us whether we want it or not." It already had.

"At least they're down one for now..." That would surely give them an edge should the fighting break out sooner than they were expecting. Whatever was happening in Stormbreak beyond the initial attack, Cordelia didn't know, but she doubted peace would last. It never did.

The confirmation is all she needed to know she wasn't crazy. That she wasn't just seeing things, stress making her mind play tricks on her, "A house. Someone was at the window, banging."

Cordelia Limore

'Cause they got the cages, they got the boxes and guns
They are the hunters, we are the foxes and we run
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
And in your darkest hour,
I hold secrets flame
As a beast who’d been immersed in wars for multiple lifetimes, the apprehension at its call was ever present. Notches down his spine, trepidation of lost parallels in his skin, a mountain of memories to serve as brutal, barbaric reminders. “So we do what we can,” which included many machinations; they just needed the opportunities and time. The disappointment that Halo had barely done anything, save for asking a quest that wouldn’t linger for long (not with Morgan’s death), to guard themselves couldn’t last much longer.

He motioned the spear through his grasp again, and in one feral motion, unwound and forced the power, the dominion, towards the target. It flew with great relish, landing into the effigy’s shoulder and almost caused the thing to fall over – an audible thwack of loosened vexation causing a few heads to turn in their direction. He shrugged; turning back to Cordelia, loosening a breath he’d been holding and walling up inside his chest. “Bizarre. Maybe it is some spirits wreaking havoc.” Eternally trying to make sense of things – even when there wasn’t a viable solution or explanation. “Thought I was hallucinating, or that sickness was coming back.” His nose wrinkled in distaste, before advancing to snag at his weapon again.

By way of easing the conversation into something else, he murmured while he pulled the armament out of the bent form. “Have you been to see the seasonal deity in the desert?”
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

Cordelia hadn't seen a real war. The fight against the cannibals had been the only real fighting she knew. That she'd seen first hand. This was completely different, but she trusted Deimos. She knew that he ha experience. He was their general for a reason. "We do what we can." Cordelia echoed his words, dropping her arms back to her sides, grip still tight on her bow.

Her head snapped in the direction of the target, watching it sway dangerously, eyes widening slightly at the force of his throw. "I think you've got it..." The hunter huffed with a soft laugh, shaking her head as she drew back her bow one last time, releasing her arrow with deadly accuracy. Satisfied with her progress for the day, dropping her bow once more, drawing in a deep breath. "No, I saw it too."

At the other question, Cordelia shook her head, "No, but I think Sah said something about going out to the desert. Is that why?" She'd been a little distracted at the time and couldn't remember.

Cordelia Limore

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
Her permitted another soft smile at the mention of the weapon; another trigger in his arsenal of munitions, for now, with a little more practice and time. With the bizarre image from the corner of his eyes though, he had to wonder if there was further meaning in juxtaposition somewhere in the midst of it all – there were meaning behind many broad strokes and hues. “Strange,” he murmured, shaking his head, having no clarity of the semblance at all, save for one instance. “Reminds me of that house we saw in the Feverlands.” But he hadn’t been invited into the domicile, only to find out later it’d been for a relic.

Clutching the weapon and spinning it around in his grasp for amusements and distraction, his head tilted vaguely. “Probably. It needs water in order to leave, apparently. There is a well lit by Safrin, and difficult to miss once you are out there.” In case she was heading that way – and he figured he could use it as a means for experience and material gathering. “I would like to lead a guild hunt out there too. For landsharks.”
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:

Cordelia hadn't gone into the house that he was talking about, but she knows of what he speaks. Dipping her head in a nod, drawing back her bow a final time, releasing one last arrow into the dummy with a thunk. "Perhaps they're connected in some way." The Attuned offers, unsure if they have anything to do with one another, but imagining it wouldn't hurt to assume there was something similar between them. That's just how Caido worked.

Retrieving her arrow from the dummy, Cordelia joins him once more, placing her bow over her back. "I'll keep that in mind. I'm sure we'll manage to find it." She says softy, offering him a small smile. "Let me know when you're going. I'll join." It's an easy thing to agree to. There was little that Deimos could suggest that she would turn down at this point.

Cordelia Limore

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
At a loss, other than the potential machinations restlessly curling within his skull, he had no other information or deciphering to offer. Just a slow, steady breath, eyes flickering over the rest of the scene, and other things to be done for the future. “Of course,” and he nodded at her notions of going on the hunt – widening their forces and brandishing their protection for the good of the land. “If you are finished here,” for he was, and made to place the spear back in the bracers along the armory blocks, “we can go snag something to eat.” And then formulate further plans, and see what the rest of the world had in store.

{FIN}
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace