[Se] I need color
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 157 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye reworked the stone so that the crown and the paintbrush blended beautifully into the image. Then he freed the picture with the writing and put it aside to cool. He put the charcoal back into the fire. Took a new one and put it on the picture of Rexanna to form the sand between the stones to the glass. After the glass with the letters was colder he took it and held it against the sun. It worked there was colorful glass

"Yes, I need the coal in the fire to glow white. If you could continue to take care of the fire, I would be very grateful. Maybe also some company if possible."Darkeye smiled at her.
each for one sin
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
Melita
I never had a chance to be soft
I was always bloody knuckles
Surveying the work and craftmanship, Melita could only clap at the process and progress. “Those look great!” Fitting for a warm and wonderful couple, who were hopefully at peace with one another now.

And then Darkeye mentioned the fire, that the honeybee had already become distracted from. “Oh, right, sorry.” Fumbling and bumbling around, she checked the contents, figuring she’d probably need more of the dried pieces to ensure it remained in its current state. Hastening off again, she followed the same steps as before, snagging and tearing the dried proportions of underbrush lurking from the nearby jungle, and then coming back to feed it to the flames.
and shards of glass
I wanted people to be afraid of hurting me
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 157 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
"Yes they do" He wanted this to be one of his best works. He let the disc cool. Then he lifted the glass and held it in front of the sun and watched as the sun cast a colorful light on the ground. He noticed slight irregularities in the glass and got the fine-grained sandpaper ready. "I'll take care of the fire as soon as you get the material. After that, you can grind the glass if you want."

Darkeye was very concentrated and already sweating slightly when he put the white charcoal on the next form to hope that it went well again.
each for one sin
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Melita
The temptation to grind the glass, or use any tool that could potentially lead to mischief, was the only motivation she needed. “Oooh, okay!” A jovial sense of exuberance wound its way along her frame, far more than she’d done in previous years when making lanterns; a more somber time, for the most part. But perhaps Bastien and Rexanne would’ve appreciated an outlook not encased in angst and melancholy, not for people who were seldom driven into those states.

Snagging at whatever Darkeye needed and requested, the youth scrambled around for a bit, tending to the tasks, before returning, and noting the older man’s current disposition, offered some water from one of her canteens. “There.” A proud beam of a smile encompassed her features, hands clearly itching for something to do.
and shards of glass
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye enjoyed the weather the company as well as the sun shining on the stone where they worked. The fire crackled and Darkeye couldn't help but grin softly. He picked up the next slice from the fire and cleaned it with a brush from the coarse dirt. "Maybe we can also use the water from the springs to get the slices nice and smooth what do you think?"Darkeye was happy and wasn't shy about showing it.

"Thank you. As soon as I work, I forget to drink. If you could take care of the next window or the frame where we want to put the windows. I'll leave it up to you what you want to do. I'll do the other." Darkyeye took a deep sip and puffed a few times. He also moved one hand and shook it out again to get the blood flowing better after all the work.
each for one sin
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
Melita, not well versed in the use of water other than its rudimentary components (drinking, bathing, splashing around, sailing on), tilted her head a fraction at the inquiry, clearly confused. “How would it do that?” Did he mean like how they’d been smoothed out? Her only recollections were that of the stones near the Crimson Cataract, beaten over and over by the rush and roar of the ruby falls.

Easily distracted and entertained, the offer gave her a giddy sense of enthusiasm, grin widening into something devilish and probably should’ve been a fair warning. “I can do the window! Just show me what to do?”
and shards of glass
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
"If the glasses are still hot, we can put them in the hot spring or running water and complain that they are not pre-rinsed. The coarse dirt will then be washed away and we can rub them over the sand to polish them up even more. We repeat this process a few times. This may bring out the color even more. But there is a risk that the glass will be destroyed." Darkeye wondered if they should do that. It could ruin all their work so far.

Darkeye didn't see the glare (unfortunately). He handed her back the water hose."You have to watch the fire. You need white charcoal. The color indicates it's the right temperature." Darkeye put the window to stretch and put a flat stone between them so that the window would not get soot stains. "That's to keep the glass nice and colorful." He put it aside again and put more material into the fire. "As soon as the charcoal starts to turn bluish or red, the charcoal has to go down quickly. Then take the tongs and push the charcoal back into the fire. It's luck how well it works, so if something goes wrong, it doesn't mean you did something wrong." Darkeye set about making the ram from the lantern.
each for one sin
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
Striving to digest all the information, the youth nodded along, but probably should’ve been taking notes on a piece of paper somewhere. Adhering to the first proportions, and shrugging away any thoughts of haphazard wakes, she persisted in the applied directions – ensuring the fire was watched, waiting for the charcoal to be white again before proceeding.

Which had never really been her forte – patience not a virtue Melita had readily considered.

She’d become better at it, but it was obvious there was a squirm to her movements, and staring at the fire, hoping it would soon turn, was far more difficult than it needed to be. But eventually, she noted the hues altering, and so she took the tongs, and pushed the charcoal into the flames. “Okay, what next?” Assuming she’d done even that proportion right.
and shards of glass
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye had written down the measurements of the window panes and set about shaping the frame. He measured again and bent a few more times before inserting the first cooled pane. The first time he tried it, it didn't quite fit, so he had to do it all over again. On the second try, it fit and he was very pleased to see the lettering lying undamaged in the frame.

Darkeye looked at what she was doing. He liked fire and knew it well. He had also had some young companions and knew that patience was something that came with age (hopefully). "Now, you put the fender down the way you want it aligned. Fill it with the sand where you think it will fit. There should be no gap, rather too much than too little. We can always sand it down or redo it. After that, you put a flat stone or a piece of cloth over it so that the disc does not get soot stains. Then put the white charcoal over it until it turns blue. This may take some time and I will gladly explain it to you again. Take your time." Darkeye thought it was great that she showed so much commitment.
each for one sin
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
Taking her time had never been Melita’s strong suit; much more inclined to barrel onward, forward, with as much audacity and boldness as one could muster. Befitting youth and its volatile moments, she inclined to listen to the directions without getting too far ahead of yourself. Nodding along, she placed the fender down after aligning everything, and then snagged at some sand.

Forced to concentrate and adhere to applying herself instead of skipping off, she ensured there were no gaps, and then snagged at a flattened stone nearby.

Checking at the charcoal (gods, there were so many steps), she noticed it wasn’t white yet. “So do I just keep stoking the fire?”
and shards of glass
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
Darkeye was finishing the other frames and shaping them into a square lantern. He wondered if he should make an oil lamp or a simple candle lamp. But first, the ramming was more important. He adjusted his calculation to the previous window pane and worked his way through the ram.

Darkeye saw the restlessness in her and made her check each step again. "Enjoy the break, because as soon as the coal is white it has to be done very quickly, every other step has to be ready. The sand must lie flat on the windowpane, take a straight stone and pull it over it like a comb-over hair. Then you can be sure it's even. Maybe Fangorn can do it with his extra arms if he can manage it. After that, we'll put a thin stone over it to completely cover the glass."

"Yes that's why we needed so much fuel. White charcoal is the best way for me to gauge it. Blue works, too, but that's going to be difficult. Just be patient and enjoy the fire for a while."Darkeye looked over at her and briefly into the fire to make sure she was doing everything right.
each for one sin
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
Her nose might’ve taken on a permanent wrinkle if she was forced to be forbearing all the more. With the bouts of restlessness, she’d taken to patting her hands along the ground, amusing herself with movements and motions, and by the time Fangorn was mentioned, though about annoying him into something entertaining. Adhering to the task, of just..watching, she practiced the efforts and recorded vigilance again. One of the gourd’s vines snaked around, smoothing out the sand (with minor indentations), and then ensuring the thin stones were ready.

Then her eyes would only go to the fire, stoking it on occasion by moving a stick or two. “It’s very hard to be patient,” she muttered.
and shards of glass
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
Darkeye
Nine strikes
He nodded at first and then stood up and moved a few steps as his legs began to fall asleep. "Patience helps you in many situations, but it won't be long now. Then it goes on. As soon as we have it, It will go fast. Prepare the other discs as well, then we can finish all the others in one go, and then we'll have done it. Then we only have to put it in the ram and then it is ready the most colorful lanterns I have ever seen. Otherwise, if it doesn't work, we'll just do it again and maybe it will be even more colorful." Darkeye liked the windows very much, he thought Bastien would have liked them too. He didn't make the lantern for Ludo, he made it as a reminder of Bastien.
each for one sin
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
To Melita’s credit, sometimes patience helped. But she didn’t often try it – opting for immediate justification in vehemence, weaponry, and bold tactics. In most instances, they hadn’t steered her wrong. A shoot first, ask questions later approach to life.

So she sighed at Darkeye’s comments, figuring they were true, before adhering to the tasks. Preparing the discs getting them acclimated and ready, pondering over the bright hues, or the notions of trying again. Maybe the honeybee wanted them done right the very first time.

Her eyes went back to the fire, noticing the changing and blending of colors. “Oh, they’re white!” She snagged at what she needed, excitement pulsing at her fingers and movements.
and shards of glass