we have flown too close to the sun
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you wouldn't even recognize me anymore
not that you knew me back then
Breaking eggs to make a cake and what occurred in Stormbreak are two vastly, vastly different things. The comparison elicits a bitter, needless exhale. Her eyes close and she leans her head back against the wall again, “I know…” she murmurs. “I know.” And she does, she was probably the only one of their family aware of the real toll this war would take on Caido and on the Ascended.

“I didn’t expect it all at once. And I didn’t think -” that she would cause something like that? That the space between the battle and now would produce such guilt? Did she murder anyone who was caught up in the Tower’s fire, or did the Order bring it on Stormbreak with their insidious ways? “I didn’t think I'd become that kind of monster.” Isn’t that what Edy had called her? That last fight seeps unbidden into her already very fulll head. A monster the Voice had unleashed on the world - and she certainly would be to Stormbreakers if she wasn't before; there's no moral high ground for her to claim.

But of course that’s not the worst of it, for the demigod. “Can Nate come back, if we don’t have his body? What if it’s burned up? Or they destroy it, or keep it until he returns and then he comes back and -” And they kill him all over again. Or something equally as bad.
but it all comes back to me in the end
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
we have flown too close to the sun - by Wessex - 03-10-2022, 09:46 PM
RE: we have flown too close to the sun - by Wessex - 03-11-2022, 07:55 PM