we have flown too close to the sun

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Frowning, the gesture perhaps as unnecessary as Wessex’s inhale, the Voice leans forward and gives her head a stern shake. “Show me one historical account where those privileged enough to write what is recorded, do not call those who stand opposed them monsters.” The muscles of her jaw tense. “You are strong and ruthlessly protective of our family.” The Voice searches for Wessex’s gaze before continuing. “The very same might be said of me.”

Mention of Nate has her sitting up. “He will come back, yes. No matter where his body is, or what they do to it, his consciousness will return. Even if they burn him to the point he explodes, I would be able to restore him. But you are right. They could kill him again and again and again as long as they have his body.” Again the muscles in her jaw clench. “I wonder if we might use their own hubris against them…after all, even in war, who keeps a body as a trophy? Who keeps a grieving spouse from seeing their loved one? No matter what has been done, what high ground can they claim if they mutilate him. If they covet him, or use him as some sort of bargaining chip?” Leaning forward, the Voice smiles with teeth that appear suddenly wolfish.

“And if they do bargain? At least we will know what it is they want.”

Messages In This Thread
we have flown too close to the sun - by Wessex - 03-10-2022, 09:46 PM
RE: we have flown too close to the sun - by the VOICE - 03-13-2022, 04:55 AM