we have flown too close to the sun

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Though the Voice's patience is not infinite, at least where Wessex is concerned, the Voice will give as much as she has. Nodding that the Wraith might ask her question, it's with slightly furrowed brows that she begins to answer.

"In the beginning, we were one and the same. The way some think of their body and soul, together but distinct. That's one way of understanding it. As time went on, however...I was mortal, back then. Limited. Where the heralds and gods contain the sheer space to do the things I was trying to achieve, I was limited.

That was when I decided to separate. To become the Voice and bring the Core into existence. I could not hold all of our family's souls, could not be the way I needed to. But with the Core, I could. They are a god in their own right now, though their ability to communicate and in some ways care is limited. That is the trade-off we made: Where I can do and be, for the most part, I remain incorporeal. In contrast, where they are a more physical entity, they use their abilities to power my work and not much more."

Messages In This Thread
we have flown too close to the sun - by Wessex - 03-10-2022, 09:46 PM
RE: we have flown too close to the sun - by the VOICE - 04-06-2022, 03:14 PM