trouble in the air, you can smell it
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I write sins, not tragedies
“Edrei… and Nate. Amun managed to realize he was in over his head. Nate will, in theory, come back because he’s strong enough to be immortal. When we - demigods - reach a certain point, we can only be killed by a specific thing. Or a god. Nate’s didn’t happen.” Not that it’s any consolation, in any shape or form, and she isn’t trying to tell that part of the story like it’s a silver lining.

As for why she didn’t stop them… well, she's given it some introspective thought over the past day or so, but a slight gnawing at her bottom lip betrays the lack of a solid answer. “I’m not sure. Probably because I did think the Order needed to be destroyed and I’m tired of them picking us off, one by one. And I’m tired of holding back and walking on eggshells around two assholes who basically run Caido because they’re untouchable. And… I’m not our race’s mother. Edy has done nothing I’ve asked since she’s returned. Part of me thinks it was a suicide, cause she wasn’t really happy as an Ascended.” A bitter laugh erupts, falling like jagged stars to the floor. She still doesn’t look up. They all knew what was at stake and Wessex had told them for years to train, to do literally anything to help themselves. She was tired that night. She didn’t have it in her to fight.

“Maybe I should have let them go on their own. I don’t know, I went because I first thought they’d be reckless idiots. And then when Ronin killed Edy, and it was me and Nate left, it got personal. And then when Ronin killed Nate because he knows that hitting me will hurt him more… I was determined to take something down with me.” So here it is, the big reveal, and she has no idea where the two of them will be once she tells the rest of the story.
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
trouble in the air, you can smell it - by Wessex - 03-10-2022, 11:02 PM
RE: trouble in the air, you can smell it - by Wessex - 03-11-2022, 09:51 PM