[se] knotted and gnarled
for Remi
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
what tried to destroy you
didn't have the strength
With no system of consequences laid out for the Wraith, save for the ones she stoked currently, it sounded like another impending mess. Perhaps this was just a sign of the future, a cataclysm they’d have to deal with again and again and again as war loomed.

But their thoughts had been equal in the notions of snagging at Ascended fluid, and though Halo hadn’t come to such particulars, it was a machination he kept in the back of his mind. Per a discussion he’d already begun with Noah, his brows furrowed slightly. Perhaps it wasn’t an issue in the Greatwood or Stormbreak, but the semblances were dug into the mountains. Have you heard of anyone destroying a portal? Or an Ascended shrine? To know, essentially, if it had been done before. If it was feasible.

Sunjata and his wild goose chase of decisions only made him narrow his eyes further, and embark on another sigh. Leaning against the well, his gaze glanced out towards the horizon, contemplating even how or what to acknowledge. I do not think I will ever understand that man. And the constant wheel of sacrifices, goals that never quite reached, and the wake of disasters in between.

As for where he stood? I remain loyal to her and the Old Gods. A pause flickered through, before he continued. My current goal is to ensure Halo is tied to the Old Gods as well. Morgan did practically nothing to fortify defenses, save for the regional quest that ended up failing due to her demise. We have time, depending on circumstances. Like if the campaigns and battles continued in the same wake.
still you stand
sturdy and smelling of smoke
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
Surprised by the question, though really he shouldn’t have been, Remi stills for a moment as he considers before nodding. “LongNight…last year maybe, or the one before that, I cannot remember now…Gideon, Sera, Amalia, and I..” There is a wince that briefly creases the lines around his eyes to speak the Archangel’s name, a silent apology for having to mention her. “…we destroyed the one in Torchline. It would have killed them, I think. Not Amalia, and not you, but Gideon and Sera…I do not remember how much damage I took, but more than most could withstand.” On the subject of portals though, Remi had no idea, and simply shook his head. “The fae were working on a way of barricading the one in the Greatwood. Of making it inaccessible to the ascended.” He offers.

“Nor me.” Remi admits of Sunjata with a dull sigh. “I will not lie, the thought of locking him in a year-long sleep has occurred to me on a few occasions. I doubt Frey would allow it for that long, but gods there doesn’t seem to be an easy path when it comes to him.”

Listening, having heard only recently that Deimos had retaken his position as General in Halo, Remi finds himself smiling. “Ronin would likely kill me for saying so, but it was a very smart thing you did, not binding yourself to her.” Said in a low voice—not that it would help if Safrin decided to listen in—the alchemist tilts his head to underscore the gravity he thought Deimos had evaded.
Guess I'm feeling unmoored, can't remember
what I used to fight for
I rewind th? tape but all it does is pause on th? very moment
all was lost
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
didn't have the strength
Deimos prided himself on not flinching at Amalia’s name, though he glanced downward, feeling the residual pain begin to string itself along his spine. He’d asked, after all, not knowing she’d been involved. Blinking steadily and summoning that reticent strength, he simply listened to the descriptions and experiences, rather than the individuals involved. Damage. And he’d likely be among the few in Halo capable of withstanding such a force. Would Noah be able to? Trying, striving, to determine who’d be interested in the scale of vitriol.

The notions thereafter too, of the Fae opting for similar propositions, caused his trail of thoughts to wander out loud once more. I wonder if I could simply block it off. Then he nodded, permitting the information to slip into the back of his mind, saving it for later possibilities and multitudes. At the very least, there were choices available, and that had been better than nothing at all.

The Sword managed a snort at Remi’s sigh and scruples towards the Flood, though the humor was probably dark. It would probably do everyone a world of good.

His brow arched significantly at the Lullaby’s next statement though – offering a smile in return that reached just the edges and corners of his mouth. Obliging with a mirrored head tilt, and his eyes shifting over the sands, he pondered over the complexities, a low, deep rumble along the measures of Attuned bonds. What of your binding to Ludo? Do you find it to be a blessing? Or something else entirely?
still you stand
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
Looking up into the sky to do some quick calculations, after a moment all Remi can do is sigh and shake his head. I…cannot confidently say he could, no. You, certainly. Deimos strength was beyond infamous now, but Noah? Noah he was not sure about. Perhaps you could have a pit of fire … it is not so likely to get out of control in Halo, and would certainly give them pause. Perhaps not Wessex or Nate, but the others.. Remi trails off, shrugging. Likely it was something Deimos had considered already, and the alchemist always hated it when too many suggestions were given as to how he might best rule his own land.

Clenching his teeth together, Remi’s gaze falls heavily towards his own hands wherein he finds himself rubbing his thumb along his palm. A blessing? Most of the time, yes. I have grown far stronger than I ever imagined possible, and have a son because of the herald. Holding in a breath that made his lungs pulse with anger, eventually he closes his eyes as he inhales. But I would not do it again. If I could go back to the night where Isla died..I would not give my soul to have her back. Maybe for Ronin…but nothing short of that.
Guess I'm feeling unmoored, can't remember
what I used to fight for
I rewind th? tape but all it does is pause on th? very moment
all was lost
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
didn't have the strength
Another additional note in the back of his mind, whittling away at the tangents and frameworks surrounding feasibilities and practicalities. Even the addition of the pit of fire was something to digest, considering he’d only figured on tumbling down portions of rock to block the structure – at least give any invading derision moments of pause. Thank you for the insight, and he nodded, knowing he had enough information to bring back to the summits; far more than what he'd left with.

He hadn’t expected the range of emotion with the following inquiry – but he’d long since been uninvolved in the scale and complexities of the Lullaby. Perhaps he should’ve, at least aware of volatility, but his calm composition remained, listening all the while. Strength and family, but with other sacrifices rendered within; souls given and snagged. The Sword’s eyes went downward along the sand again, before he spoke once more. Given hindsight, it is likely many would say they regret some choices. Deimos certainly did. Maybe all that mattered was the here and now, and what they did with their future endeavors. But we can make the most of what we have.

Peering down into the well, piercing eyes stared at the starlit structure, alleviating some of the subject, as the last lingering drops flickered downward. Do you think that was enough?
still you stand
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
we are like birds of a feather, we are two hearts thrown together
Running a hand up the side of his cheek, Remi sighs. What else is there to do at the end of conversations about murder and might and actions gone unchecked, than to sigh heavily? Better that than do the things Remi desperately wanted to. Things that would no doubt result in an escalation of certain timelines that everyone else would likely prefer to remain unchecked.

I think so. He agrees, of the poured water. Shifting that he might return back to the Greatwood the way he'd come, the hawk gives the Sword a final look. Be well. I know Ronin and I have plans to meet with Noah in Halo. Perhaps we will see each other again soon. So thinking, the hawk rises into the sky, disappearing against a blot of pale clouds.

~FIN
THE ALCHEMIST
we will be forever as one, my brother under the sun